PDA

View Full Version : New to fishing, where to go, etc

jester
04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
I am relatively new to fishing. I have gone maybe 9 or 10 times in the last 3 years, all in Wisconsin. Where are the closest places to the Salt Lake Valley to go fishing. I have no boat so I would just be fishing from the shore. Just looking for something close where I can take off in the morning and spend the afternoon fishing and be back in time for dinner. Any suggestions? Also, when do Licenses go on sale?

accadacca
04-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Jordanelle could be the ticket...or run up to Tibble Fork up American Fork canyon. :2thumbs:

You should be able to get a license at Walmart or anywhere.

JP
04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
I have no boat so I would just be fishing from the shore
There's nothing like walking into a small river or stream and fishing it that way. Nothing more relaxing than wading a river on a hot day :2thumbs:

icthys
04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Jordanelle is your closest bet. You've also got East Canyon, Rockport, Echo, Deer Creek, Strawberry, Utah Lake, and others if you can drive 1-2 hrs.

You can buy a license any time of the year and it's good for a full 365 days. There are situations where some water has restrictions certain times of the year. Get a proclomation, read it, and take it with you.

spiraleyes
05-08-2007, 05:21 PM
There are literally hundreds of locations that you can hit for a day trip near Salt Lake and fish from shore.

What kind of fish do you want to get into?