PDA

View Full Version : UUtah Apparel Concept

accadacca
04-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks to those that have donated, you've helped get this going. We have talked about making t-shirts for some time. Here are a few concepts...

Sombeech
04-05-2007, 02:24 PM
kewl

CarpeyBiggs
04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Nice. Who did the illustration? I'd personally like to see the shape of utah a little smaller though, but keep the arches large...

Sombeech
04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I like the black shirt.

fouristhenewone
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
acca - those look dope. you make em, I'll buy em.

accadacca
04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I added a poll top help gauge the interest. We will no doubt make some. The poll will help with the order. Who has comments on the design, idea, etc.

Start... :blahblah:

Sombeech
04-05-2007, 09:07 PM
I'd like a black one.

I was thinking a little "uutah.com" right on the hem of the sleeves would be cool. Or at least a small uutah.com right below the neck in the back?

I'm not sure how custom you can go on these.

JP
04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
2nd the black :mrgreen:

denaliguide
04-06-2007, 04:46 AM
yea the black! in a long sleeve?

price1869
04-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Uh, I would buy one for $15. I would not buy one for $100. That's an interesting question you've got up there.

stefan
04-06-2007, 08:02 AM
wait ... where's the one with beech and brigham's unit?

DiscGo
04-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm with Price about the price of the shirt.

Would that be the front of the shirt or the back?

accadacca
04-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Right now the design is on the front and yup normally a T-shirt cost 15-20 bones.

rockgremlin
04-06-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree with Carpeybiggs....make the Utah smaller, but keep the arches the same size.

Also, put that design on the back of the shirt, and put a small Uutah logo on the left breast. I like black.

DirkHammergate
04-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Put the Swedish bikini team on there, re-name it UUtah bikini team.

Just a thought.

gonzo
04-06-2007, 09:13 AM
I, too, dig the black design.

I don't normally like to be a billboard, but I like the image on the front of the shirt rather than the back.

marc olivares
04-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I don't normally like to be a billboard
i personally wouldn't wear a shirt with a full frontal logo, but that's just me.
but if it was something simple like these SOMAFM (http://somafm.com/tshirts/) tees, i'd have a couple.

Scott, if your considering starting a Cafe press account or something of the like, I've found it best to offer a couple of tee designs.
maybe ones like what you posted, and one w/ a simple "UUtah" logo
or maybe have a tee w/ the UUtah life support logo that costs just a little bit more. then the proceeds of the shirt can be a site donation as well.

speaking of the "life support fund" I'm currently working w/ a friend to have pint glasses logo etched. maybe for a $50 site donation, you could offer up something like a set of 4 pint glasses w/ the "life support fund" logo etched on the side.
just a thought.

stefan
04-06-2007, 09:39 AM
speaking of the "life support fund" I'm currently working w/ a friend to have pint glasses logo etched. maybe for a $50 site donation, you could offer up something like a set of 4 pint glasses w/ the "life support fund" logo etched on the side.
just a thought.

pint glasses ... there's an idea. and for those who don't drink ale ... pint glasses are great for water or just about any other beverage!

great idea marc :2thumbs:

packfish
04-06-2007, 09:47 AM
I agree on having a hard time with the full frontal local- but a nice small one on a golf style shirt------ yes

R
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I got one of these for my sister, which she wore to our wedding (pictured). It died in Katrina with the rest of her stuff, so I got her a new one. Best t-shirt ever. Maybe uutah.com could use a little green mascot like Salad Fingers...

http://richardbarron.net/wedding/who/whoisnicole.jpg

DiscGo
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Not to be too picky, but if I bought a shirt it would be a small logo on the front with a large logo on the back.

accadacca
04-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Not to be too picky, but if I bought a shirt it would be a small logo on the front with a large logo on the back.
Old Skool! But thats ok...this was the design for most shirts in my day too.

The front design is popular right now. With something small on the back, like the domain...at the top, just behind the size tag. :2thumbs:

DiscGo
04-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, if you guys look at most of my pictures I pretty much dress very plainly. My fashion has not changed in a long time. I (hopefully) don't stand out too much, but I'm never "in fashion".

greyhair biker
04-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Old Skool! But thats ok...this was the design for most shirts in my day too.

The front design is popular right now. With something small on the back, like the domain...at the top, just behind the size tag. :2thumbs:

I like the idea of the domain on the back of the shirt by the tag , small, stylish - similar to the red lettering on the back of the hats. Black is my fav but if the material was beefy tee enough a white shirt would look good too..with logo across the top third of the shirt. I'm not gonna tell you what to make...I am gonna buy whatever you come up with, it's the least I can do. You have my support :2thumbs:

savanna3313
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm not gonna tell you what to make...I am gonna buy whatever you come up with, it's the least I can do. You have my support :2thumbs:

I agree with Wade. I like black as well - most women don't want to be caught wearing a white t-shirt that might get wet. :haha:

btw - love the new photo Wade!! :2thumbs:

accadacca
04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I have the design at the printer right now and I should see a test shirt tomorrow. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
most women don't want to be caught wearing a white t-shirt that might get wet.

Joe Dirt sez:
It's not what you want, it's the consumer.

gonzo
04-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I like black as well - most women don't want to be caught wearing a white t-shirt that might get wet.

But the women that don't mind wearing a white shirt - those are the ones you seek out during a rain storm.

greyhair biker
04-11-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm not gonna tell you what to make...I am gonna buy whatever you come up with, it's the least I can do. You have my support :2thumbs:

I agree with Wade. I like black as well - most women don't want to be caught wearing a white t-shirt that might get wet. :haha:

btw - love the new photo Wade!! :2thumbs:

Y'all are not gonna believe this but I think a BLACK t-shirt on a woman is HOT! rolled sleeves, maybe a little lowcut..oh baby!
...and thanks dear! :cool2:

gonzo
04-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I have the design at the printer right now and I should see a test shirt tomorrow. :2thumbs:

Whatever happened with those test runs? Do we get to see a pic?

accadacca
04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
They are getting printed as we speak...

gonzo
04-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Awesome.

I hadn't noticed before how phallic that hoodoo is on the left side of the logo. I wonder if people will boycott me if I wear the shirt.

Sombeech
04-20-2007, 02:47 PM
I like the neckline text in the back.

bruce from bryce
04-22-2007, 08:05 AM
IMHO you are wasting an awful lot of space with the blank Utah shape and paying just for the black ink to print it.

How about a composite of some shapes from the different activities i.e. an ice axe, rope, kayak, etc.

Great beginning I think.