PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Braving the cold...

Tumbleweed
03-29-2007, 08:31 PM
This is how it went:
1. Plan a ride Thurs night with a few friends
2. Cancel the ride due to snow/cold (wussy)
3. Decide to ride solo at night anyways and still freeze (tough guy)

Sometimes the best things happen when you don't plan and just do whatever pops up. After a HOA meeting this evening where I ended up being voted the Pres...I couldn't stand everyone else making up stupid excuses why they are too busy or whatever. That's ok...the joke will be on them when I'm deployed for 4 or 5 months and don't give a crap what the neighborhood looks like :) Anyways...the BST here in Kaysville is in great shape and it was an awesome ride. I finally cleaned the section coming out of the stream crossing going north...first time for me on that one! The views up there are super too! Here are a few pics before it got dark....

Beau

Death
03-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Ok.... I might be a baby but come on it was really cold :nod:
Very nice pics though.

Tumbleweed
03-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Didn't mean to sound like I'm some bad mofo or anything...you're right about it being cold. Get your light fixed so we can do some night rides - the view with the city lights is really cool. I was scared of the dark up there by myself too :2thumbs:

Death
03-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Well your certainly are tougher than me I went to the store and got cold.

I am going to have to buy a new light system. Anybody got any suggestions?

accadacca
03-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Sweet photos man...those are the reason to go for sure. :rockon:

Sombeech
03-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Nice. Let's get it started up north.

greyhair biker
03-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Balls of cold steel! Cool stuff- that's the best way to get the good pics! :popcorn:

nefarious
03-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Good job toughing it out. It's usually worth it. :)

live2ride
03-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Well your certainly are tougher than me I went to the store and got cold.

I am going to have to buy a new light system. Anybody got any suggestions?

I ride with Nghtriders, and if you want to come ride with me I have a spare that you could use to see if you liked it? Let me know I am here in Layton so........lets go.

Death
03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
I am always down for a ride. I will let you know when I am free from work we are kinda busy right now with tax season.
Do you think a handlebar mounted light or helmet light is better?