PDA

View Full Version : My apology

Sombeech
03-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I hope I don't come across as a troll, although I can certainly bait discussions sometimes.

I'd like to apologize especially for the AIDS topic. It got out of hand really quick.

Please take the anonymous poll. I'd like to know how you feel.

HEADHUNTER
03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
It's all good :2thumbs:

JP
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
although I can certainly bait discussions sometimes.

I'd like to apologize especially for the AIDS topic.
I don't see where you should be apologizing in the first place. Just about every topic that is started here is to bait discussions, why else do it? Debating is part of the game down here in the Political Arena and Enviro section as well. Some didn't see your AIDS point or just refused to see it. In any event, that's just what happens when you bring a discussion to the table. I still don't see a reason to apologize :nod:

Death
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
No reason to apologize, if you take things personally you shouldn't even be in the political forum.

Rev. Coyote
03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Sombeech;

Never apologize. Trust me on this one.

Rev. Coyote

Sombeech
03-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Sombeech;

Never apologize. Trust me on this one.

Rev. Coyote
:lol8: yer an ass! Why would I listen to you.

:twisted: Nah, I know what you mean, but I feel I should as a moderator.

JP
03-27-2007, 08:09 PM
but I feel I should as a moderator.
Why should you be any different from other moderators? No need to apologize :mrgreen:

DiscGo
03-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Beech- I was shocked at the troll comment. That whole thread by Hank seemed kind of personal and I was really surprised by it.

Sometimes pot-stirring can lead to a lot interesting discussions and debates. You might not think about something unless you are forced to take a side on it, and that creates more creative thought. You are definitely one of my favorite people on this site, and I think that goes for a lot of people.

As far as people fighting and disagreeing. Look at Rev, JP, & Me. The three of us have gone round and round a lot. And now we seem to have a great deal of understanding and appreciate for each other. If I could have "ignored" Rev when we first started arguing, I would have missed a chance to make a friend.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, and I'd say just let it be.

Scott P
03-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Yes, no problem. Some of us take things too personal sometimes when it's a touchy subject. Guess I should apologize too.

JP
03-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Some of us take things too personal sometimes when it's a touchy subject.
NO WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :lol8: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

shagster
03-28-2007, 07:19 AM
I am gone for a couple of days, and look what I missed out on... :roll:

JP
03-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Stefan locked the damn abortion debate :ne_nau: Geez, what kind of political area is this if we can't discuss the hot topics of the day :ne_nau:

Sombeech
03-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Stefan locked the damn abortion debate

Ahh, the Rev is stirrin' things up again. :lol8: I was just in the Doctor's office this morning for my knee, and I was reading a Time article about abortion. Interesting findings.

Rev. Coyote
03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Ahh, the Rev is stirrin' things up again. :lol8: I was just in the Doctor's office this morning for my knee, and I was reading a Time article about abortion. Interesting findings.

Yep, I posted that as a joke. One thing we, as a group, do not need is the abortion issue.

Oh, and I did ask it be locked down immediately.

Sombeech
03-28-2007, 12:05 PM
One thing we, as a group, do not need is the abortion issue.

So tell me, personal question here. Were you aborted?

Rev. Coyote
03-28-2007, 12:11 PM

Several times, actually. They tried the saline injection method, but my sefaring past wouldn't let me die in salt water.

stefan
03-28-2007, 02:52 PM

Several times, actually. They tried the saline injection method, but my sefaring past wouldn't let me die in salt water.

:lol8:

JP
03-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Yep, I posted that as a joke. One thing we, as a group, do not need is the abortion issue.
Sure we do, that can be one healthy debate, discussion and educational topic :2thumbs:

but my sefaring past wouldn't let me die in salt water.
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

DiscGo
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
I think Rev's "Abortion: Killing or Harmless Past Time" was hilarious!

RugerShooter
03-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow it looks like I missed one hell of a debate while gone, but yes you should be forgave if somebody can't forgive for some comments made on the internet then I guess they can just go pound sand!!

DiscGo
03-28-2007, 05:29 PM
One thing we, as a group, do not need is the abortion issue.

I love how in your very "apology" thread, you flame someone.

Cirrus2000
03-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I love how in your very "apology" thread, you flame someone.

:haha: Oh, the delicious irony!

Sombeech
03-28-2007, 09:11 PM
if somebody can't forgive for some comments made on the internet then I guess they can just go pound sand!!

:comppunch:

nefarious
03-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I hope I don't come across as a troll, although I can certainly bait discussions sometimes.You wouldn't acknowledge some valid statistics, but that's the only sin I saw you commit. Not exactly an infamous transgression. Good thing it isn't, too, since everyone does it.

I'd like to apologize especially for the AIDS topic. It got out of hand really quick.It was a great topic for discussion.

I won't bash either side of this debate--I don't think anyone stepped out of line--but yours wasn't the only sin committed. It isn't fair for people to bring personal emotional anecdotes to an intellectual discussion for the purpose (or as an unintented consequence) of setting up politically correct limits upon discourse.

After attending a dying loved one with morphine, I have a whole new perspective on the subject of euthanasia. I'm a thousand times more open to the idea now than I once was. But I shouldn't feel entitled to forbid anyone from suggesting euthanasia is a sin.

nefarious
03-29-2007, 11:13 AM
By the way. There is absolutely NOTHING respectful about forcing a person to die naturally. It can be excruciatingly ugly, painful, and sad. It is flat out f***ed up to force people to go through it when they are in a terminal condition.

(There, let me pick up that troll baton and run with it for a few laps) :haha:

Sombeech
03-29-2007, 11:18 AM
You wouldn't acknowledge some valid statistics, but that's the only sin I saw you commit.
:lol8: Hey now, I presented some stats from the Surgeon General that went unacknowledged too, but let's not go there.

JP
03-29-2007, 11:48 AM
I presented some stats from the Surgeon General that went unacknowledged too, but let's not go there.
Only by the few that decided not to acknowledge it :haha:

nefarious
03-29-2007, 03:41 PM
:lol8: Hey now, I presented some stats from the Surgeon General that went unacknowledged too, but let's not go there.Yes you did, and they were ignored. Not that I'm going there, or anything. :haha:

Sombeech
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh no you di'int!!!!!