PDA

View Full Version : Another Google Earth question

Sombeech
03-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Regarding our current mountain biking project:
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6048

When creating Place Marks; I know how you can put a description and give a link to click on for further info, but how do you put a little image in the pop up balloon?

Please see the example below. I'm guessing this is only done through the Google Earth Community, or forum?

Udink
03-26-2007, 09:35 PM
You can use HTML in your placemark description to link to any image on the web, or format your text, etc. If you want to see how a certain placemark (from Google Earth Community, for example) is formatted, right-click on the icon and click "Save to My Places." Then it will appear in your My Places and you can edit it to see all the HTML behind the scenes.

I'm glad you posted this because I've wondered if there was anything you could do to dress up the placemarks in Google Earth. I was just playing around with some placemarks I made the other day and added some images. It works nicely! :nod:

Sombeech
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM
You can use HTML in your placemark description to link to any image on the web, or format your text, etc.

Sweet! I think I'll use this to show an image of the trail map, in the balloon. Thanks.

greyhair biker
03-27-2007, 05:54 PM
You can use HTML in your placemark description to link to any image on the web, or format your text, etc.

Sweet! I think I'll use this to show an image of the trail map, in the balloon. Thanks.

Oh, that is sweet! I wonder if you could also put a video in that window to run when clicked on....hmmm.

Sombeech
03-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh, that is sweet! I wonder if you could also put a video in that window to run when clicked on....hmmm.

I could put a link to the video, sure.

greyhair biker
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM

I could put a link to the video, sure.

:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :2thumbs: :popcorn: