PDA

View Full Version : Uutah Happy Hour???

TreeHugger
03-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Since I can never make the UUTAH lunches, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a UUTAH happy hour. ANy takers?? Maybe on a weekday, like a Thursday, somewhere like Desert Edge....

Just testing the waters... if there is any interest perhaps we can plan in earnest.

PS - you dont have to DRINK to attend!!
:2thumbs:

Tree.

Alex
03-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Happy Hour? Like sushi happy hour?

Mtnbiker
03-26-2007, 06:46 PM
You KNOW I'd be there K :2thumbs:

Tam loves the Rasberry Stout from The Desert Edge. It may not be too hard to convince her either!

TreeHugger
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Attaboy, Ian!! Glad to hear you would be on board!! Sushi? probably not - too, um, weird! haha!! something more generic, with good beer for those of us who imbibe, would be great. I'm thinkin' 5:00 - 5:30 ish. Are there only two of you out there who might be interested??

Cirrus2000
03-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Attaboy, Ian!! Glad to hear you would be on board!! Sushi? probably not - too, um, weird! haha!! something more generic, with good beer for those of us who imbibe, would be great. I'm thinkin' 5:00 - 5:30 ish. Are there only two of you out there who might be interested??

If it were on Monday, April 30th, I'd definitely be in... or possibly toward the end of the week. Possibly Monday the 23rd, too, on my way through town.

Mmmm, sushi. :slobber1:

Sombeech
03-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Where's the Desert Edge?

accadacca
03-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Does Fierce Grape Gatoraid count? :lol8:

DirkHammergate
03-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Since I can never make the UUTAH lunches, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a UUTAH happy hour. ANy takers?? Maybe on a weekday, like a Thursday, somewhere like Desert Edge....

Just testing the waters... if there is any interest perhaps we can plan in earnest.

PS - you dont have to DRINK to attend!!
:2thumbs:

Tree.

So now you are really getting serious about smoking out HammerGate, after hours works really well for me if its not on Tuesdays or Thursdays. I would have responded earlier but I've been seriously busy since I got home from the Swell. Very little time for mild shenanigans.

TH - PS - Bring anyone as hot as you, i.e., your sisters, friends, anyone I can love like you. You know I'll be there.

xoxo

Dirk

greyhair biker
03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
My attendance always depends on my days off but why not? I'd come :nod: - Hey, dinner/food/edible stuff is always good :haha:

accadacca
03-26-2007, 08:58 PM
So now you are really getting serious about smoking out HammerGate, after hours works really well for me if its not on Tuesdays or Thursdays. I would have responded earlier but I've been seriously busy since I got home from the Swell. Very little time for mild shenanigans.

TH - PS - Bring anyone as hot as you, i.e., your sisters, friends, anyone I can love like you. You know I'll be there.

xoxo

Dirk
STALKER ALERT HIGH!!! :roflol:

greyhair biker
03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Dirk! Man, dont hold back , tell her what you really think.. :lol8:

...and I'm always up for a diet coke...I'm usually labeled as the designated driver anyway :ne_nau:

Alex
03-27-2007, 06:22 AM

Sorry I wasn't sure what restaurant you meant originally. The only "happy hour" I know is in Sushi bars :ne_nau: After 5pm count me in on any day.

DirkHammergate
03-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Dirk! Man, dont hold back , tell her what you really think.. :lol8:

She's already told me she's "happily married"... I've heard that line used on me a million times. I'm not asking for the world, maybe a sister or two with a cute friend on the side. Is that so wrong?

DirkHammergate
03-27-2007, 07:06 AM
...and I'm always up for a diet coke...I'm usually labeled as the designated driver anyway :ne_nau:

Little known advertised HammerGate fact, he rarely consumes alcohol now but loves a pool table in a bar setting, I'm like my pals most popular designated driver now and I typically make off like a bandit on the pool table after they do shot after shot. Its a win/win.

accadacca
03-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Is that so wrong?
Certainly nothing wrong with that. Work it, work it...we don't call you hammergate for nothing. :naughty:

gonzo
03-27-2007, 08:23 AM
I can make it, but probably not until 5:45 or 6:00 . I either have to pedal my way over there after work, or fight through the freakin' spaghetti bowl traffic. Either way I'll try my best to be there on just about any day that we decide on.

Sombeech
03-27-2007, 09:40 AM
after hours works really well for me if its not on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
:roflol: Yeah right.

DirkHammergate
03-27-2007, 10:12 AM
after hours works really well for me if its not on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
:roflol: Yeah right.

Shaming me is a good technique.

greyhair biker
03-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Is that so wrong?
Certainly nothing wrong with that. Work it, work it...we don't call you hammergate for nothing. :naughty:
certainly, go for it brah! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Ahhh, Hammer! We all wanna meet you. C'mon now.

TreeHugger
03-27-2007, 07:13 PM

If it were on Monday, April 30th, I'd definitely be in... or possibly toward the end of the week. Possibly Monday the 23rd, too, on my way through town.

Mmmm, sushi. :slobber1:

How 'bout Monday the 30th then? My folks will be in town on the 23rd, and this way Cirrus can come - and this is lots of notice for everyone. Desert Edge is in Trolley Square. Say, 5:30 til whenever.... Hammer, I'll see if my sister can come. :wink:
Post to let us know if you can make it, maybe Sombeech can sticky this up top(?)

Tree.

stefan
03-27-2007, 07:41 PM
[
Post to let us know if you can make it, maybe [someone] can sticky this up top(?)

done :mrgreen:

Sombeech
03-27-2007, 07:52 PM
How 'bout Monday the 30th then?

Cool. Just make sure you keep this topic lit up, or people will forget. That happened a couple of lunches ago.

We could always run a "test" happy hour before that too. :mrgreen:

DirkHammergate
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Hammer, I'll see if my sister can come. :wink:
Post to let us know if you can make it, maybe Sombeech can sticky this up top(?)

Tree.

Tell her I'm fake Austrian, she'll get it.

DirkHammergate
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Ahhh, Hammer! We all wanna meet you. C'mon now.

I'll be there this time, I can even take care of my childcare responsibilities and be back down there in time. No worries..

DirkHammergate
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
How 'bout Monday the 30th then? My folks will be in town on the 23rd, and this way Cirrus can come - and this is lots of notice for everyone. Desert Edge is in Trolley Square. Say, 5:30 til whenever.... Hammer, I'll see if my sister can come. :wink:

Tree.

Are we talking next month, April? Lets move it up cause I am going to backpack the Paria at end of April.

Cirrus2000
03-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Are we talking next month, April? Lets move it up cause I am going to backpack the Paria at end of April.
:2thumbs: Enjoy! (But can't you reschedule? :roflol: )

Yeah, this is for April 30 which is when I can make it (and that's what matters to me). If you all want to do a Happy Hour prior to that, well, whatever. :bootyshake:

Anyway, I'm in. I'm dropping off my son at SLC for a 3:00 PM departure. Then I'm good for the rest of the day... I'll bet I could even find the place by 5:30. I have a GPS!

DirkHammergate
03-28-2007, 05:21 AM
:2thumbs: Enjoy! (But can't you reschedule? :roflol: )

Yeah, this is for April 30 which is when I can make it (and that's what matters to me). If you all want to do a Happy Hour prior to that, well, whatever. :bootyshake:

Anyway, I'm in. I'm dropping off my son at SLC for a 3:00 PM departure. Then I'm good for the rest of the day... I'll bet I could even find the place by 5:30. I have a GPS!

April 30th is fine, I now have a built in excuse.

Joe Gardner
04-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't mind sharing drinks with you guys. I penciled in the event on my calendar. :D

Sombeech
04-04-2007, 09:58 PM
How about a Karaoke bar? That would be a riot.

TreeHugger
04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
That would require great amounts of alcohol on my part to tolerate or, especially, to participate! :-) Beside, keep in mind, this is a Monday, not a Friday. I dont think anyone will be there much past, what? 8:00? if we start at 5:30ish.

Well, it's finally getting close, well sort of, OK, not really.... The good news is I have a few weeks for this freaking butcher lawn mower job of a haircut to grow out!! Well, hopefully. I may have to wear a hat and hide my true self... heehee. I will never never never pay for haircut again!! I can mess it up myself for free. grrr.

Let's see, how many are coming so far....
Beech, Joe, Dirk, Cirrus, Mtnbkr, his wife (Tams), Kris, Kazak, Greyhair biker (if he's not working).
That's 9 so far.... anyone else??

DirkHammergate
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
That would require great amounts of alcohol on my part to tolerate or, especially, to participate! :-) Beside, keep in mind, this is a Monday, not a Friday. I dont think anyone will be there much past, what? 8:00? if we start at 5:30ish.

Well, it's finally getting close, well sort of, OK, not really.... The good news is I have a few weeks for this freaking butcher lawn mower job of a haircut to grow out!! Well, hopefully. I may have to wear a hat and hide my true self... heehee. I will never never never pay for haircut again!! I can mess it up myself for free. grrr.

Let's see, how many are coming so far....
Beech, Joe, Dirk, Cirrus, Mtnbkr, his wife (Tams), Kris, Kazak, Greyhair biker (if he's not working).
That's 9 so far.... anyone else??

Lets do a pre party...

Cirrus2000
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm free from about 3:45 on, at the airport. After that ??? Not that I want to intrude on Dirk's pre-party...

I'm actually considering getting a room nearby for that night - I plan to head back down somewhere south of I-70 afterwards for a few days, and I'd rather not be leaving & setting up a late late camp somewhere that night...

Cheap deals at Hotwire.com - $38 for a 2*, no frills place, within a mile of Liberty Park. Hmmmm...

I can't sing, normally. After a beer, I still don't sing. If I have a room nearby, and thus consume a couple more beer: I'm freakin' Johnny Rotten - I still can't sing, but I don't let that stop me. :rockon:

greyhair biker
04-09-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm free from about 3:45 on, at the airport. After that ??? Not that I want to intrude on Dirk's pre-party...

I'm actually considering getting a room nearby for that night - I plan to head back down somewhere south of I-70 afterwards for a few days, and I'd rather not be leaving & setting up a late late camp somewhere that night...

Cheap deals at Hotwire.com - $38 for a 2*, no frills place, within a mile of Liberty Park. Hmmmm...

I can't sing, normally. After a beer, I still don't sing. If I have a room nearby, and thus consume a couple more beer: I'm freakin' Johnny Rotten - I still can't sing, but I don't let that stop me. :rockon:

Well, I've penciled it in for now...I got put on dayshift tuesday instead of graves so unless I can get tuesday off I am not gonna make it...4am tues comes mighty early to get up for work :eek2:

TreeHugger
04-09-2007, 04:15 PM
4 AM!!! Yikes!! I would die. :eek2: Hope you can make it!!

Wasatch
04-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I would be up for some brew's at say Squatters some weekends. Let's try and get something going soon, maybe next Saturday.

drboudreaux
04-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I am in on the 30th. See you all there.

Wasatch
04-22-2007, 02:00 PM
I will try to make this one, I might be a little late though.

DirkHammergate
04-22-2007, 03:33 PM
5:30 is perfect for me and if we do eats it'll be at least a 2 hour affair.

greyhair biker
04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I really hate to do this but Ill have to back out this time....no way I'll be able to get off work Tuesday - sorry - next time!

Death
04-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I will be there. I get off at 5 so I should be able to get there by 5:30 depending on traffic.

Wasatch
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
I really hate to do this but Ill have to back out this time....no way I'll be able to get off work Tuesday - sorry - next time!

I thought it was Monday?

DirkHammergate
04-29-2007, 12:25 AM

I thought it was Monday?

He lives in Rock Springs Wy so I figured he'd need Tuesday to recover from the HammerGate I was gonna give him.

Heather
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm dropping in tonight, too! See you guys there! :D

greyhair biker
04-30-2007, 07:32 PM

I thought it was Monday?

He lives in Rock Springs Wy so I figured he'd need Tuesday to recover from the HammerGate I was gonna give him.

Im tough but Im not THAT tough! Getting up at 4AM & gotta be underground by 6AM...brutal.... :eek2:

Heather
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM
It was great meeting some new people! Thanks guys! :)

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Good times, thanks Karen.

Quick UUtah Goddess report. Yes, they are all hot, very hot.

DHG

Heather
04-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I was so hoping you would wear the fur coat tonight...

greyhair biker
04-30-2007, 08:34 PM

...does he have bling bling on his teeth???

Sombeech
04-30-2007, 08:35 PM
As always, it was nice to meet everybody. Thanks TreeHugger for getting this together. :2thumbs:

Heather
04-30-2007, 08:39 PM

I sure didn't see any. :)

Nice glasses, though. :nod:

Wasatch
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
It was great meeting some new people! Thanks guys! :)

It was nice meeting you as well, Heather It was nice meeting everyone.

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM

It's at the former Mrs HammerGate residence, it was a fake too.... fake Italian probably.

Sombeech
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM

So what's the story? Did tha Hammer throw down?

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 09:09 PM

I have 5 pairs, this will happen when you cafeteria plan lasik and you come out of the pre-exam with "you might go blind due to gynormous pupil enlargement". True story, I have gigantic pupils. So I bought $1200 worth of glasses and still have around $1000 left in my cafeteria plan.

I can only imagine how good I'd look, cleaned up, in a fur, with an assortment of fashionable eyewear. I might even wear a fake grill.

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 09:14 PM

So what's the story? Did tha Hammer throw down?

Naw, it was a really cool crowd. I tried to get a permanent event coordinator going, anyone but me.

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 09:47 PM

I have 5 pairs, this will happen when you cafeteria plan lasik and you come out of the pre-exam with "you might go blind due to gynormous pupil enlargement". True story, I have gigantic pupils. So I bought $1200 worth of glasses and still have around $1000 left in my cafeteria plan.

I can only imagine how good I'd look, cleaned up, in a fur, with an assortment of fashionable eyewear. I might even wear a fake grill.

My real life persona is pretty self absorbed as well, its sort of what makes me lovable. So the truth comes out, my real person is part DHG, I can't help having 5 pairs of glasses, believe me Heather, the pair I wore today are the least flattering.

Time to go back to Dirk.

accadacca
04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I think you look great in those glasses too. . . :lol8: but you didn't come outta there with one measly phone number? :nono:

Better get planning some more "unplugged" meetings. :haha:

Sombeech
04-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Dirk, you's gots the goods. You need to come to the lunches more often.

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I think you look great in those glasses too. . . :lol8: but you didn't come outta there with one measly phone number? :nono:

TH'sS - Who says I didn't get her number?

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Dirk, you's gots the goods. You need to come to the lunches more often.

I had a blast, it was really great meeting you all, I'm in every month for sure, like I said we need a real life event coordinator.

accadacca
04-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Su el hombre, mi amigo! :bandit2:

DirkHammergate
04-30-2007, 10:18 PM

I'm just kidding. Yeah, I went numberless (this is par for the course) but to my knowledge most of the Goddesses we're taken.

Lets recap, Heather liked my glasses and wished I came in a fur, SomBeech told me I looked cute then blew in my ear. Good times.

DirkHammergate
05-01-2007, 06:59 AM

I'm just kidding. Yeah, I went numberless (this is par for the course) but to my knowledge most of the Goddesses we're taken.

Lets recap, Heather liked my glasses and wished I came in a fur, SomBeech told me I looked cute then blew in my ear. Good times.

Biggest Hammer confession?

I recently moved to Sandy

Mtnbiker
05-01-2007, 07:02 AM

Hmm... wouldn't surprise me, they WERE hitting it off pretty well :mrgreen:

I don't mind being event coordinator. apparently that's my appointed title after last night's beerlection. :roflol:

Who wants to go camping?

It was great to meet some new people last night.. Hank and Alicia, Wasatch, Cirrus, The hammer, Kris and his wife...

Until next time, :cheers:

rockgremlin
05-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Looks like fun! So who is who? How about you go around the group clockwise and put names to faces?

http://uutah.com/forum/files/uutah_happy_hour__1___medium_.jpg

Maybe one day I'll be in SLC for one of these...

TreeHugger
05-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Dirk you're a stud, and I liked the glasses, too! :nod:

Ian - beerelections are best! Start planning now!! :2thumbs:

OK, around the table:
Heather, Joe Gardner, Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife, Cirrus2000, Dirk, Mtnbkr, Alicia, Sombeech, me (Tree), Gloria (who I work with), Hank Moon and Wasatch.

Great group!!

Cirrus2000
05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
I really enjoyed meeting you all! It was a fun time - glad I drove all those hours! Didn't get to interact with the folks at the other end of the table much, unfortunately. Next time get everyone to shuffle once or twice during the evening...

Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife
who is expecting in September...:2thumbs:

True confession: My Wii Mii (persona on the Nintendo Wii) is called Dirk - after the Hammer. I just admire him so much...

DirkHammergate
05-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I really enjoyed meeting you all! It was a fun time - glad I drove all those hours! Didn't get to interact with the folks at the other end of the table much, unfortunately. Next time get everyone to shuffle once or twice during the evening...

Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife
who is expecting in September...:2thumbs:

True confession: My Wii Mii (persona on the Nintendo Wii) is called Dirk - after the Hammer. I just admire him so much...

LOL! Funny stuff. Cirrus rules, he's caught the desert bug and I'm sure we'll see him often.

DirkHammergate
05-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Dirk you're a stud, and I liked the glasses, too! :nod:

OK, around the table:
Heather, Joe Gardner, Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife, Cirrus2000, Dirk, Mtnbkr, Alicia, Sombeech, me (Tree), Gloria (who I work with), Hank Moon and Wasatch.

Great group!!

TH, please, I fall in love very, very easily. Stop being nice to me.

gonzo
05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
That was a lot of fun last night - I'm glad I went, and not just for the hefeweizen (which was excellent).

I just realized that I left enough money to cover my tab, but probably not enough to cover my share of the appetizers. So, next time appetizers are on me (within reason).

If y'all want to crowd around my 16" Weber grill you're welcome to come to my house some weekend. Bring your own meat.

Wasatch
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
If y'all want to crowd around my 16" Weber grill you're welcome to come to my house some weekend. Bring your own meat.

I'll bring the beer, just remember I'm a beer geek, so I have some brew's that you've never seen or heard about, and you cannot get in utah. So let me know when you want to do this. Most likely not this weekend, but next weekend would be ok.

gonzo
05-01-2007, 10:21 AM
My next few weekends are spoken for, but I'll post something in this forum when I can host.

Rev. Coyote
05-01-2007, 11:00 AM
What a fine, fine looking group! Makes me heartsick I can't make these outings.

Mtnbiker
05-01-2007, 12:10 PM

I'll bring the beer, just remember I'm a beer geek, so I have some brew's that you've never seen or heard about, and you cannot get in utah. So let me know when you want to do this. Most likely not this weekend, but next weekend would be ok.

Oh, for some reason I don't think it'll be a problem to help you kill some of those rebel beers you have there 'satch! :cheers: I love unique micros :mrgreen:

stefan
05-01-2007, 07:54 PM
nice ... looks like y'all had a nice time :2thumbs:

Heather
05-02-2007, 11:30 AM

What the hell is a cafeteria plan? I'm unfamiliar with that term. 5 pairs of glasses? Do you wear a different pair each day of the work week? I wish I could do that...I've had a lot of people tell me that I look good in glasses. Sometimes I'll try some friend's on after having a few drinks. Heh. I liked Hank's glasses too. :mrgreen:

DirkHammergate
05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
What the hell is a cafeteria plan? I'm unfamiliar with that term. 5 pairs of glasses? Do you wear a different pair each day of the work week? I wish I could do that...I've had a lot of people tell me that I look good in glasses. Sometimes I'll try some friend's on after having a few drinks. Heh. I liked Hank's glasses too. :mrgreen:

Its a pre-tax spending account for certain healthcare costs which can include daycare. Its cool cause you can put a bunch in but you have to estimate your total yearly costs because if you don't use it you lose it.

With my eye-wear I accessorize depending on outfit. Today I'm pretending to be Johnny Cash, all black with think rimmed black glasses. I might take up chain smoking just to complete the ensemble.

Sombeech
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
What the hell is a cafeteria plan?

Its a pre-tax spending account for certain healthcare costs which can include daycare.

They'll sell the idea to you because the money gets deposited tax free, but that only means you are taxed on it when you withdraw.

DirkHammergate
05-02-2007, 03:08 PM
What the hell is a cafeteria plan?

Its a pre-tax spending account for certain healthcare costs which can include daycare.

They'll sell the idea to you because the money gets deposited tax free, but that only means you are taxed on it when you withdraw.

I'm pretty sure its not taxed on w/d. I'll ask my local bean counter.

hank moon
05-04-2007, 02:09 PM
It was great to meet some new people last night.. Hank and Alicia, Wasatch, Cirrus, The hammer, Kris and his wife...

Totally fun! And...Dirk, Mtnbiker, Treehugger, Kathy, Sombeech, Treehugger's mildly bored friend, Chris' wife IDK, Joe, Heather, Kevin, and those other guy (IDK II).

Of course, I recognized the Beat-poet-Vader profile of Sombeech the moment he appeared - lookin' like a ghost from the SPAMatar. He otta be in a Broken Lizard film... :mrgreen:

Hope to see you guys outside somewheres!

hank