PDA

View Full Version : Potter dumped by Sponsor for climbing Delicate Arch

Iceaxe
03-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Climber Potter, Patagonia agree to split the synchilla
Climbing ambassador is out of sponsorship job following climb of Delicate Arch.

By Angus M. Thuermer Jr.
March 21, 2007

Dean Potter and his wife, Steph Davis, two of the most accomplished mountaineers in the world, will no longer be rock climbing ambassadors for the Patagonia outdoors clothing company, Potter said this week in Jackson.

The split between the famous couple and the well-known company comes almost a year after Potter made a controversial ascent of Delicate Arch in Arches National Park, Utah, last spring. The latest development in Potter

Jaxx
03-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Brian in SLC
03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
[quote=Jaxx]

price1869
03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Brian,

you couldn't have said it better. When are we going to go climb?

Jaxx
03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I didnt realize the guy was such a jerk. I guess things change abit since they already had the rule and he found a loop hole. From the article it sounded like he was more innocent than he really was. I dont have a problem with NP Rangers but the system as a whole leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but this guy sounds like he was trying to stir up trouble. I see where Patagonia is coming from now. I wouldn't keep him on either if I were them.

Ignorance is bliss. Until Brian from SLC gives the facts. :haha:

Brian in SLC
03-27-2007, 09:08 AM
When are we going to go climb?

Ahhh...climbing. Spent last week in Red Rocks. This week through the weekend I'll be in Bend, OR. Always something...but...yeah, we'll have to get out. 'Tis the post work climbing season, methinks.

Kinda interesting, this whole Delicate Arch deal first hit the net when Steve Baron, who used to be the weather guy on Fox news, broke the story on the TGR website. I think he had his own website as well with some stuff on it too...but...not sure that site is around anymore.

He's in Chi town now. See his bio, and the last stuff...

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=505657&version=13&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=5.3.1

Curiously, his original thread on the Delicate Arch deal seems to have disappeared from TGR's website (??).

-Brian in SLC