PDA

View Full Version : a quick 4 hour ride in while the jeep gets worked on...

greyhair biker
03-23-2007, 01:22 PM
I had to go to Rock Springs this morning to get an alignment on the jeep and decided to take the bike and tool around while it was gettin worked on and headed up the 'hill' on White Mountain, an awesome area to ride. The 'trees' are mostly junipers and BIG sagebrush and a few streams that have real trees :lol8: -Mostly, theres alot of sand,shale layers and sandstone...you can take your pick of riding style depending on how far up the mountain you climb. Base is around 6200' with the top over 7100' Here's some pics...I did some geocaching up there too...

Sombeech
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Sweet. I wish I was out riding already

gonzo
03-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow, you're definitely having more fun than me today. My big ride for the day was down 3300 South to the Jordan River Parkway.

accadacca
03-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Looks like fun and I dig the bandanna... :getiton:

HEADHUNTER
03-23-2007, 02:32 PM
My ride was exciting - my brakes went out - too bad I was in my Expedition doing 65 on the freeway :eek2:

Sombeech
03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
My ride was exciting - my brakes went out - too bad I was in my Expedition doing 65 on the freeway :eek2:

What????

HEADHUNTER
03-23-2007, 02:44 PM

What????

That's what I said as well.

Had my brakes worked on the other night so the guy is coming over to my house to fix what happened. Guessing he might have knocked something lose. Got home and looked at the garage floor - break fluid on the floor and on the wall. Not sure what happened there. They did work - just had to push them to the floor, but scared the crap out of me.

greyhair biker
03-23-2007, 04:57 PM

What????

That's what I said as well.

Had my brakes worked on the other night so the guy is coming over to my house to fix what happened. Guessing he might have knocked something lose. Got home and looked at the garage floor - break fluid on the floor and on the wall. Not sure what happened there. They did work - just had to push them to the floor, but scared the crap out of me.

AAHHH! sorry to hear about the brakes. Yeah, the ride was nice....a little cool at first(8am) but once I hit the foothills I was warm. Ive ridden White Mtn for years and there's a trail at about the 7000' level near the top that is killer! lots of whoops and drops and riding narrow single track for miles! A good out and back trail. Park at the trailhead and ride north and back...but you'll need me for a guide! :2thumbs:

HEADHUNTER
03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
sorry to have hijacked your thread - but the trail sounds like a good one and get a little caching in a the same time!

greyhair biker
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
sorry to have hijacked your thread - but the trail sounds like a good one and get a little caching in a the same time!
:2thumbs: come on up and ride!

HEADHUNTER
03-23-2007, 06:40 PM
How far is Green River from Ogden area? It's been too long since I've been that way and when I did get there I was a kid.

greyhair biker
03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
How far is Green River from Ogden area? It's been too long since I've been that way and when I did get there I was a kid.
Green River's about 2 1/2 hrs is all. RockSprings about 16 miles further. Lots of riding all around...kinda like the Fruita area north into the bookcliffs but more washes & roughness.

HEADHUNTER
03-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Green River's about 2 1/2 hrs is all. RockSprings about 16 miles further. Lots of riding all around...kinda like the Fruita area north into the bookcliffs but more washes & roughness.

Not bad - either ride the trails out in Vernal - went to school there - or up there in the higher elevation of GR. Not a bad choice either way!

Ah - going to look at 2 jeeps tomorrow - or Sunday. Pretty juiced - especially since the wife is on board with it.

greyhair biker
03-24-2007, 03:07 AM

Not bad - either ride the trails out in Vernal - went to school there - or up there in the higher elevation of GR. Not a bad choice either way!

Ah - going to look at 2 jeeps tomorrow - or Sunday. Pretty juiced - especially since the wife is on board with it.

Take the jeep ! always helps to get the wife on board with it :lol8: ....Moab's just a short drive away for you :haha:

HEADHUNTER
03-26-2007, 10:01 AM

Take the jeep ! always helps to get the wife on board with it :lol8: ....Moab's just a short drive away for you :haha:

Looked at two of them - about the same. One is a 91 - 6" Tomken lift, 30" tires, pretty faded paint, 168k, overall - not bad deal - 2900, but I think I'd offer 2300. The other was a 96, 163k, 4" lift, 31" tires - 3100. Much better shape - paint not faded. Decisions, decisions!

greyhair biker
03-26-2007, 09:08 PM

Looked at two of them - about the same. One is a 91 - 6" Tomken lift, 30" tires, pretty faded paint, 168k, overall - not bad deal - 2900, but I think I'd offer 2300. The other was a 96, 163k, 4" lift, 31" tires - 3100. Much better shape - paint not faded. Decisions, decisions!
the second one sounds pretty good - you can always improve it if it needs it :2thumbs:

HEADHUNTER
03-26-2007, 09:16 PM
the second one sounds pretty good - you can always improve it if it needs it :2thumbs:

That's what I'm thinking.