PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report St. George Newspaper: Bo Beck Icon of the Outdoors

tanya
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Will try and load the text. the river trip and it ran while we were gone.

I can't get the scan to save as a jpg so I can load it. Maybe Bo can do it? It's a nice article.

Sombeech
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I can't get the scan to save as a jpg so I can load it.

It's probably saving it as a .bmp file. If so, you can go into MS Paint and save it as a jpeg. (I've done this a lot on my pre-digital photos)

tanya
03-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Article

Iceaxe
03-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Nice.... :2thumbs:

What is this guidebook mentioned going to cover?

Also a nice plug of Tanya getting her website mentioned in the paper.

:popcorn:

accadacca
03-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Very cool indeed! :five:

Bo_Beck
03-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Nice.... :2thumbs:

What is this guidebook mentioned going to cover?

Also a nice plug of Tanya getting her website mentioned in the paper.

All the "secret" canyons that aren't published to date!.....Not really. So far Tanya and I have agreed to publish hikes ranging from technical slots to casual meanders in Zion, GSENM (West of the Paria mainly), BLM areas such as Vermillion Cliffs and Canaan Mountain, Bryce, North Rim Grand Canyon, Dixie national Forest east of I-15 and north of Zion, Paria BLM and GSENM, etc...etc. We hope to offer a broad spectrum of classic and non classic hikes that might offer the tourist and avid hiker a smattering of recreational opportunities within roughly a 2 hour radius of Mt. Carmel Junction.

When Rachael interviewed me for the article...I specifically said that the website belonged to Tanya and that I was only a writer and consultant! I guess that she figured that I should be listed as the Website owner. Tanya built, creates and maintains the website....I'm there to help only! Just wanted to clarify this to those that read the article.

Bo

Iceaxe
03-23-2007, 07:45 AM
You know I'll be first in line to buy a copy of the book :2thumbs:

tanya
03-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I always call the website "ours" too.

The book is the same as our website. Fun stuff around the Tbird ... of course. :haha: Nothing too hard-core for canyons, but some of our favorite things we have done the last few years. It's amazing how much we have wrote. I printed out the website this winter to have it proofread and the stack was enough to fill many many books!!!! Thanks to Lisa at my store for doing that all winter!

tanya
03-23-2007, 07:50 AM
You know I'll be first in line to buy a copy of the book :2thumbs:

You know you would get a free copy. :five:

tanya
03-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I found a link to an older article that mentions Bo, but would love to get the link to this new one!

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070301/STGEORGEMAGAZINE07/70215012/-1/STGEORGEMAGAZINE&template=printart

Iceaxe
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM

Signed I hope :2thumbs:

I get all my books signed when I have the chance.

tanya
03-23-2007, 09:14 AM

Signed I hope :2thumbs:

I get all my books signed when I have the chance.

Why have I never got a signed copy of your book. :lol8: I will have to have you sign my copy. I need to get more of those for the store this summer. I will send you an email for some soon.

Sombeech
03-23-2007, 10:32 AM
you da man, Bo.

Iceaxe
03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Why have I never got a signed copy of your book. :lol8:

Mainly because I always have them drop shipped to you and I never get to see your books. It's surprising, but I bet 1/4 the books I sell end up signed sooner or later. I know a lot of folks have ordered the signed edition of Tom's book. My copy of Tom's book signed.

My rarest outdoor book is I have a signed copy of Gerry Roach's "Arch Bagger". Only 300 copies of the book were ever printed and I've seen signed copies go for over $100. Pretty good for a book that orginally sold for $1.69.

:nod:

tanya
03-24-2007, 07:39 AM
The cover photo for the article. There was one more big one inside the store of Bo too.

Win
03-25-2007, 06:36 AM
That was a nice article. I stopped into pick up some stuff yesterday and had a nice chat with Bo.

Put me on that wanna book list, please. Signed of course.

Win

tanya
03-25-2007, 08:25 AM
That was a nice article. I stopped into pick up some stuff yesterday and had a nice chat with Bo.

Put me on that wanna book list, please. Signed of course.

Win

The man is a wealth of info! Thanks for the mileage on Hidden Arch! :five: