PDA

View Full Version : Any good camping?

imfrog2002
03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Does anybody here know of any good camping spots for around this time of year? I'm still new to all the good spots, so I'll take any help I can get. I'm looking for a decent price, and anything away from the city that will be open next weekend. :) Thanks!

DiscGo
03-17-2007, 05:35 PM
In what part of the state are you looking to camp and do you have a GPS?

denaliguide
03-17-2007, 06:26 PM
is free good? where are you and how far are you willing to travel? what amenities do you need? do you have 4WD? in other words we need more data.

Jaxx
03-19-2007, 11:52 AM
check out the trip reports for ideas then call the ranger to see if they are open.
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=712

Pretty much everything down south is open and warm, I-70 down. Uintah's are still closed this time of year. My dad and I went to Arches NP and it was beautiful weather, a little cold at night but that was a few weeks ago. San Rafael Swell is free to camp, primitive. Tibble fork in AF is open. Payson lakes may be open now. I guess it depends on what scenery you want.
I mostly go south of Utah County or to the Uintahs Mirror lake area, I dont know that much about northern Utah.

marc olivares
03-19-2007, 12:46 PM
go south

the temps are PURRRRRFect right now.
it's doesnt get ANY better.

imfrog2002
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
DiscGolfDivers: You should know me from the UTAG forums. ;) Yes, I have a GPS, and I'm planning on camping up north, around SLC if possible. We're supposed to have a fairly nice weekend. (50 isn't too bad, even if it's 40 in the mountains, we have heavy sleeping bags.)

Free is always good, we don't have a 4WD, just a Toyota Corolla, we can travel a ways, but the limits are probably no farther than Ogden or Delta (the Sand Dunes are a possibility right now.) It might be a stretch to even go that far with gas prices going up. I'm up to a small hike, but nothing over about 2-3 miles. Thanks for the link Jaxx!

asdf
03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Toyota Corolla, we can travel a ways, but the limits are probably no farther than Ogden or Delta. It might be a stretch to even go that far with gas prices going up.

What do you get 40mpg on the highway. You should really go down south the weather is perfect this time of year

Mtnman1830
03-20-2007, 01:53 PM
You should go down to the Swell next month, the weekend of the 20th, a UTAG event.

imfrog2002
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
40? I wish. More like 25. It's a 00' I couldn't convince anybody to go camping this weekend, so I'll postpone it until the UTAG event, if I can convince anybody to go with me... even though I'll be able to drive on my own by then... :D

asdf
03-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Dont want to go camping???
sounds like you need some new friends :frustrated:

Udink
03-25-2007, 10:52 AM
I couldn't convince anybody to go camping this weekend, so I'll postpone it until the UTAG event, if I can convince anybody to go with me...
Even if you can't convince anybody to go with you, there'll still be lots of friends at the San Rafael campout. My first geocaching event was one of the San Rafael events put on by DeViDe, and it was pretty awesome. Hopefully I'll see you there in a few weeks!