PDA

View Full Version : I Need to Deflower My Bike

gonzo
03-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Where should I take her? I'm looking for an easy route near Salt Lake City. And by "easy", I mean "easy". I've never done this before! I'm thinking BST behind the University of Utah, but I'm not sure if the trail is dry.

Alex
03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I like to start on a pipeline trail up Millcreek canyon.

price1869
03-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I'll second pipeline. Anyone know if it's dry at all?

Sombeech
03-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Let's see a picture of it, and we'll let you know.

Mtnbiker
03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I know it's not exactly CLOSE to SLC but Corner Canyon in Draper has some nice beginner-intermediate stuff that's easy to access from the old dirt road.

Park at the Orson Smith trailhead (now paved) on Highland drive and from there you can ride the gravel road up to the BST. About 1 mile up the road the BST goes both north and south from the road so you can try both sections out and back. Nothing too technical, but nice curvey singletrack!

Ross
03-16-2007, 05:35 PM
BST behind the University is fine. I've ridden it a couple times this week. Bone dry.

greyhair biker
03-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Just park at the mouth of Little Cottonwood in the parking lot and ride that short trail up the creek. THAT should be dry enough to ride and then you can bomb down ...abt 3miles...no worries! ...Now, WTF is that trail called?

price1869
03-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Just park at the mouth of Little Cottonwood in the parking lot and ride that short trail up the creek. THAT should be dry enough to ride and then you can bomb down ...abt 3miles...no worries! ...Now, WTF is that trail called?

I was up there today. Not even remotely dry. It's called the Temple Quarry trail.

greyhair biker
03-18-2007, 05:57 AM

I was up there today. Not even remotely dry. It's called the Temple Quarry trail.
THATS the one! Bummer that its still wet. I rode a wash yesterday and it was dry but soft...made for a little work but I like to ride washes... rough, lots of shelf drops. tight and lots of turns :2thumbs:

price1869
03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Went up millcreek and checked out pipe line - on foot. I just walked down the first 50 muddy yards. Other people have been riding it, and i'm sure it's okay further down. The ruts in the mud take forever to ride out once they've dried though, so try to be nice.

price1869
03-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Actually, I rode this today, and it's sweet. (pipeline) Just watch out for the 3 or 4 muddy spots. I forgot how nice it is to ride 14 miles of flat singletrack after work. Are we riding as a group tomorrow?

Price

gonzo
03-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Today after work? What time are you thinking? I rode my bike into the office today, so I'd probably have to change out the tires (slicks right now) but I may be up for it.

asdf
03-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I have never done the pipe line, is it a loop or what? I want to go.

gordon f brown
03-20-2007, 07:49 PM
It is a out and back for the most part. You can find a trail down to the canyon road instead of ridding the trail all the way back. That would be my suggestion!