PDA

View Full Version : Lift Kit for 2006 Toyota Tacoma

DaveOU812
03-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking about putting a lift on my Tacoma. It's a 2006 TRD Sport. What do I wanna look for in a kit? Any specific brands or stores in the valley to go to? Just looking for a little advice here. I don't know much but I don't wanna screw up my truck by putting a cheap lift on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sombeech
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Lifts are awesome and exciting. But once you do it, there's no turning back.

I highly advise against lifting your commuting vehicle. Even though it's almost irresistible.

DaveOU812
03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
I just want a little bit more clearance. I was thinking about 3 inches. I had a pretty traumatic event that set me off on it. I backed out of my buddies driveway and my truck scraped. IT SCRAPED!!! It hurt my ego pretty bad. I would just put bigger tires under there but I don't know if they will fit. I have 265/65/17 on there. Is there somewhere I can look up to see how big I can go?

Sombeech
03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Is there somewhere I can look up to see how big I can go?

Most of the tire shops will know pretty well.

JP
03-10-2007, 06:04 AM
I don't know much but I don't wanna screw up my truck by putting a cheap lift on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ahhh, smart guy. You do get what you pay for. I understand that stock look just doesn't cut it. It needs a little more visual beef.

My suggestion is to start looking for some Toyota forums. Quietly skim through the lift sections and see what others have and any bad luck or not so happy customers. Stay away from people bad mouthing a certain lift that they themselves never had any experience with.

Look into Rancho, Superlift, Rough Country, etc. and see what each kit offers. Some kits may not offer a part that would realign the steering, but others may. Just pay close attention to detail and see what is offered.

This site is pretty much dedicated to aftermarket Toy stuff:

ALL PRO OFF ROAD (http://www.allprooffroad.com/)

Take a look through it and begin investigating these companies and what they have to offer you.

greyhair biker
03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
:ne_nau: I just started studying Petersens'4X4 and every other mag I could get hold of & kept looking for guys who owned the same truck to see how they lifted it to determine what look/ flex I liked...or to be more accurate, what I could afford. I am not nor do I claim to be an expert but it seems that the jump from 4" to 6" is a big cost difference - a $1000 or more - so for now I stayed with a 3.5",which on a solid axle does a good job. Independent suspension lifts are pricey so good luck :2thumbs:

DaveOU812
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Thats what I'm thinkin is 3". I know I'm not gonna be able to do it myself so I'm gonna take it in somewhere. I just have to find out who to take it to first.

fourtycal
03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats what I'm thinkin is 3". I know I'm not gonna be able to do it myself so I'm gonna take it in somewhere. I just have to find out who to take it to first.

Just a leveling kit and you can fit a 32" tire :2thumbs:
I always liked these guys http://www.jackit.com/ in West Valley, They seem to be reasonable and know what they are doing. Tire stores are going to tell you what the manufacturer suggests is the largest tire that can fit, these guys will tell you what will fit, rim offset, lift options, tires etc..
That is one sweet truck and deserves the "look" :cool2:

DaveOU812
03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks Fourty. Thats what I was lookin for. A descent shop whos not gonna rip me off and they got my buisness.