PDA

View Full Version : Hunters Safety

Iceaxe
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm taking my kids (ages 9 and 11) through Hunters Safety... class starts March 12 through Sandy Parks and Rec if anyone else is interested.

Class is $10 and more info is avaiable by calling 801-568-2900. Six classes total given on Monday and Tuesday.

This is a good class to have if your kids are around firearm, even if they are not hunters

:rifle:

JP
03-06-2007, 05:22 PM
This is a good class to have if your kids are around firearm, even if they are not hunters
Yes it is :2thumbs:

shagster
03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I couldn't agree with you more :2thumbs:

accadacca
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Whats hunters safety? :crazy: :lol8:

jumar
03-07-2007, 06:53 AM
How old does one have to be to attend?

DAA
03-07-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm not positive, but I think the instructors have some leeway in deciding how young of kids they will take. My Son took his when he was 8, and the instructor warned me that sometimes kids that young had a hard time paying attention and he had to fail them. Of course my 8 year old got 100% on the written and smoked the shooting test too :haha: .

- DAA

shagster
03-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm not positive, but I think the instructors have some leeway in deciding how young of kids they will take. My Son took his when he was 8, and the instructor warned me that sometimes kids that young had a hard time paying attention and he had to fail them. Of course my 8 year old got 100% on the written and smoked the shooting test too :haha: .

- DAA

I believe you are correct. I don't think there is a set age limit that you can take the course. As long as the kids can handle a gun safely and shoot decent they should not have a problem. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
03-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Sweet.... finally got my kids through hunters safety. I feel much better and safer shooting with the kids now. My 11 y/o blew through the class with no problem. My 9 y/o, who is small for her age was having problems with the shooting portion. Mostly because she is small and all my guns were much to big for her. Anyhoo.... we went out and bought her a Cricket .22 Rifle and now she shoots with the best of them. The Crickett is really a sweet gun and I would highly recommend it to those with really small shooters.

Crickett .22 Rifle
http://www.crickett.com/TheStore/Rifles/rifles.html

http://www.crickett.com/CrickettRifle/m300/300b.jpg

jumar
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I'll second the recommendation for a Crickett. Got my nephew one, good rifle to learn on.

Jaxx
03-29-2007, 04:13 PM
I was in Richfield the other day at Jorgensens Honda. We were actually there at the bowling alley but I wandered into their Honda showroom/outdoor store all in one. Anyway... They had a pink crickett that I wanted to buy for my girls. I didn't though.

Iceaxe
03-29-2007, 04:28 PM
They had a pink crickett that I wanted to buy for my girls. I didn't though.

Sportsman's Warehouse in Midvale has a Pink Crickett in stock. If I remember correctly it was $129.

:popcorn:

jumar
03-30-2007, 06:54 AM
If I had a little girl, I'd totally get her the pink one. I've considered getting one now for when/if we have a girl. LOL

I have a colt .22 rifle I could sell...might be able to get enough to get a couple of these little cricketts for my kids when they get older. :2thumbs: