PDA

View Full Version : What are you planning?

MTpockets
03-06-2007, 07:21 AM
It looks like the weather trend for the next little while is warming and dry. So I am wondering if anyone has plans to take their ATV's out and where.

I have a tentative plan to head out this coming weekend for Little Sahara and some dune running. (Might get co-opted by a Bday party for my 95 year old grandmother.)

So lets here about those plans.

MTpockets

Sombeech
03-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Still pondering an ATV purchase......

RugerShooter
03-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't know when but one of these days I am also going to go down to Little Sahra I can't wait to get there. :ride: :ride:

MTpockets
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
If you can give me some notice and I'll try and meet you down there for some joint wheeling.

MTpockets

RugerShooter
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
If you can give me some notice and I'll try and meet you down there for some joint wheeling.

MTpockets

Will do, we rarelyknow untill the day or day before.

MTpockets
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Most the time it's the same for me. I'll try and post in the forum when I plan a trip.

RugerShooter
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I will be watching, we normally only do day trips so maybe. If you do an overnighter I will meet up sunday morning.

MTpockets
03-07-2007, 06:13 AM
I'll post here and let you and anyone else interested just when I go again. The party for my 95 year old grandmother is Saturday afternoon so I'll probably not make it until the following weekend. Its also getting close to EJS so I might have to postpone any ATV trips until after Easter weekend.

chickenlicken
03-07-2007, 06:25 AM
We're heading down to Moab the weekend of the 23rd. We've already hit most of the hardest trails...steel bender, metal masher, pritchett canyon, cliff hanger, moab rim. We will probably do pritchett again this time. Any suggestions of some challenging trails we could try out?

RugerShooter
03-07-2007, 08:42 AM
I'll post here and let you and anyone else interested just when I go again. The party for my 95 year old grandmother is Saturday afternoon so I'll probably not make it until the following weekend. Its also getting close to EJS so I might have to postpone any ATV trips until after Easter weekend.

Easter Weekend, your nuts if your going to Little Sahra. That place is crazy that weekend. There are always a couple serious accidents and most of the time deaths that weekend, I have been a couple times over Easter, but never will again.

MTpockets
03-08-2007, 06:29 AM
We're heading down to Moab the weekend of the 23rd. We've already hit most of the hardest trails...steel bender, metal masher, pritchett canyon, cliff hanger, moab rim. We will probably do pritchett again this time. Any suggestions of some challenging trails we could try out?

When I read the above it got me thinking about some of my outings, trails and other vehicles. Like the ripped brake line on Pritchett. The friend who rolled his CJ7 on the rock pile on Pritchett. Or the time I had a tire pop a bead while coming down Moab Rim in the dark.

You didn't metion Hell's Revenge. Or Flat Iron Mesa which isn't all that hard but has some tricky obstacles near the canyon rim.

On my list to hit again are Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Behind the Rocks and Elephant Hill. I generally go more for the scenery.

I had a friend who built a BUMMER with his boys. He's been on a couple trails near Moab that pretty much required a winch. He told me it was a lot like the Rubicon. Since I haven't heard or read much about them lately I've been thinking they might be on private property or maybe be closed.

Try running you're trail in reverse.

Don't forget to post a trip report.

MTpockets
03-08-2007, 06:37 AM
[quote
Easter Weekend, your nuts if your going to Little Sahra. That place is crazy that weekend. There are always a couple serious accidents and most of the time deaths that weekend, I have been a couple times over Easter, but never will again.[/quote]

I am down with that. :roll:

Easter weekend is not the only weekend I avoid Little Sahara. I hate to see anyone get hurt but crowds of people acting irresponsibly is what you have. It's worse that Moab on the Friday night before super Saturday of the Easter Jeep Safari.

Which is why I generally do something else besides jeeping or ATV riding on that weekend.

chickenlicken
03-09-2007, 03:26 PM

When I read the above it got me thinking about some of my outings, trails and other vehicles. Like the ripped brake line on Pritchett. The friend who rolled his CJ7 on the rock pile on Pritchett. Or the time I had a tire pop a bead while coming down Moab Rim in the dark.

You didn't metion Hell's Revenge. Or Flat Iron Mesa which isn't all that hard but has some tricky obstacles near the canyon rim.

On my list to hit again are Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Behind the Rocks and Elephant Hill. I generally go more for the scenery.

I had a friend who built a BUMMER with his boys. He's been on a couple trails near Moab that pretty much required a winch. He told me it was a lot like the Rubicon. Since I haven't heard or read much about them lately I've been thinking they might be on private property or maybe be closed.

Try running you're trail in reverse.

Don't forget to post a trip report.

I didnt mention them since they don't seem nearly as hardcore as the others. I really enjoy hells revenge, lots of slick rock, not nearly as jolting as porcupine rim, and metal masher. Have you been out to strike ravine, or 10 mile wash? It seems like we must travel farther from center to keep hitting new trails. A year or so ago we did the new sovereign trail...I was really dissapointed. It had very little 4-wheeler trail, and alot of just dirt road.