PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 2007 Desert Rampage Mt. Bike Race- St. George

shagster
03-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Well I just got back from the nice weather down south and am now freezing. The 2007 Desert Rampage race was on Sat. March 3rd in St. George. I went down with Dan to watch him race. There were a lot of people that showed up for the race, including some clowns that won the best dress award. :2thumbs: After the race we went over and rode JEM trail. We were the only ones on the trail, it was great :2thumbs: other than I had a massive blowout on my rear tire. I ended up having to walk the lower section of the trail. :frustrated: Overall we had a great time. Here are a few pictures.. Enjoy.

Sombeech
03-05-2007, 02:21 PM
other than I had a massive blowout on my rear tire. I ended up having to walk the lower section of the trail. :frustrated:

That sux. What happened?

accadacca
03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
So how did Dan do? In the race and with his St. George hookup? :naughty:

shagster
03-05-2007, 03:08 PM
other than I had a massive blowout on my rear tire. I ended up having to walk the lower section of the trail. :frustrated:

That sux. What happened?

I was going through the rocky section just above where you cross the wash and head down to the canyons edge. I caught a rock that ripped my valve stem off. Instant flat. I had a spare tube, but I figured I was almost to the car so I just walked it.

I think Dan finished the race 15 min behind the leader. It ended up being 10th place or something like that. As far as the St. George hookup goes, he couldn't get a hold of her. He had a Cedar City hookup come down on Saturday night. :five:

Sombeech
03-05-2007, 04:05 PM
He had a Cedar City hookup come down on Saturday night. :five:

:roflol:

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 04:29 PM
What? NO major wrecks? Sounds like it was a fun race though. I am jeaolous of the nice weather :mrgreen:

nefarious
03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
What? NO major wrecks? Sounds like it was a fun race though. I am jeaolous of the nice weather :mrgreen:But an awesome blowout nonetheless. Check the photo, nothing left but a clean rim, tube and tire must have vaporized on impact! :haha: