PDA

View Full Version : Where would you most like to visit?

DiscGo
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
If you could go anywhere in the world, to which you have never been before, where would you go?

I think I would go to the Middle East. I have always wanted to see the pyramids, Jordan, & Jerusalem. I went on a cruise that was supposed to visit all of those destinations but it was two weeks after 9/11 and those ports were canceled.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/DiscGolfDiver/Khazneh.jpg

My wife and I are planning a trip for this fall, and right now we are planning on going in anywhere (for about 2 weeks). Due to security risks, we will most likely still not be traveling to the Middle East (we'll probably go back to China for her). I'd be curious where you guys would like to go.

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Definitely Europe, particularly Germany and Poland..the old country as my Dad calls it. We have family and land over there & I ve never seen either one...just in emails and letters. Id like to go to the Highlands of Scotland too...cool stuff!

R
03-05-2007, 11:59 AM
-The Maze
-Yellowstone
-Yosemite
-Antarctica
-Denali

I dream of going to all these places and more in my own Cirrus SR-22 one day. It looks a lot like this, only with me driving...

http://www.pilotjournal.com/content/2004/septoct/images/cirrus_01.jpg

-Richard :nod:

Scott P
03-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I would go to Antarctica because it is the only continent I haven't been to.

My other choices would be to climb Muztag Ata, Ama Dablam, or Xixabangma/Shisha Pangma.

gonzo
03-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Alaska. I don't know exactly where in Alaska, but I imagine it doesn't really matter.

TreeHugger
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
No, it' doesnt matter, Kris - Alaska is amazing.

For me.... Nepal. I long to stand in the shadow of Everest and experience the culture and people.

Iceaxe
03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
I think I'm about ready for a couple weeks on a tropical South Sea Island beech.

shanehadman
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Machi Pichu in PERU :2thumbs:

Scott P
03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I think I'm about ready for a couple weeks on a tropical South Sea Island beech.

Sand slogging? :naughty:

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Sand slogging? :naughty:
AHHH! anytime someone talks about the beaches my sensors go into high alert!! I need a warm beach so bad my teeth itch! :bootyshake: :five:

Mtnman1830
03-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Scotland Ireland
Maybe the Netherlands :naughty:

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Eric Bana's bedroom :naughty:

sparker1
03-05-2007, 03:04 PM

Yeah, but would it be a vacation for him? :roll:

sparker1
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Italy might be top of the list, but other European countries also in the running. The Far East would be nice, also Australia. Thing is, I don't wish to fly under current conditions. Last flight (Turkey/Greece) took 24 hours each way. Never again.

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Isnt that the Incredible Hulk??- oh, but Im sure you already knew that - or is it hunk? :lol8:

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
OK......as far as "real" places go, I would love to spend about 3 months island hopping thru the Greek Islands. Staying in whitewashed villas that overlook the sea....sitting on my private veranda watching the sunset every evening.......Paradise! :cool2:

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Yeah, but would it be a vacation for him? :roll:

Who cares? :lol8: But the answer is YES, it would be.

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 03:19 PM
OK......as far as "real" places go, I would love to spend about 3 months island hopping thru the Greek Islands. Staying in whitewashed villas that overlook the sea....sitting on my private veranda watching the sunset every evening.......Paradise! :cool2:
OH my! A girl after my own heart! When does the plane leave?! :ne_nau:

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Isnt that the Incredible Hulk??- oh, but Im sure you already knew that - or is it hunk? :lol8:

Did he play the Hulk in the remake? I haven't seen it. The first movie I really remember him from was Troy. He was Hector - brother to Paris (Orlando Bloom).

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Did he play the Hulk in the remake? I haven't seen it. The first movie I really remember him from was Troy. He was Hector - brother to Paris (Orlando Bloom).
I didnt get to see Troy - wish I did...Im sure I had to work or something....but yes, the remake of the Hulk - him and Jennifer Connely....lots of semi good acting and special effects.

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM

This is my ultimate dream vacation. I will do it before I die. :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM

This is my ultimate dream vacation. I will do it before I die. :2thumbs:
Do like I do : Goal - two years to countdown(or whenever you want to go)
Cost -$3000 to $5000
how long? - who cares
...and then start saving.
AND...plan for two people no matter what :naughty:

DiscGo
03-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Machi Pichu in PERU :2thumbs:

I have always wanted to go to Machu Pichu.

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Do like I do : Goal - two years to countdown (or whenever you want to go) Cost -$3000 to $5000 how long? - who cares
...and then start saving. AND...plan for two people no matter what :naughty:

This would be the kind of trip that you would only make with your honey. :five:

DirkHammergate
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I want to do the Eastern Coast of Austrialia, the wine....

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Do like I do : Goal - two years to countdown (or whenever you want to go) Cost -$3000 to $5000 how long? - who cares

...ahhh(~sigh~) so true...but a body can dream cant he? :ne_nau: :haha:

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 07:36 PM

I do all the time where you're concerned darlin'. :naughty:

:haha:

My my......that's rather "Tanya-esque" isn't it? :five:

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM

I do all the time where you're concerned darlin'. :naughty:

:haha:

My my......that's rather "Tanya-esque" isn't it? :five:
Oh yes!...and now youre gonna make me blush just thinking about it :oops: :naughty:

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh yes!...and now youre gonna make me blush just thinking about it :oops: :naughty:

It ain't easy making a MAN blush! :haha: I love it! :five:

RugerShooter
03-05-2007, 07:51 PM
My choice would have to be Australia

JP
03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Still too many places to see right here in the Good Ole USA to even think about other countries :2thumbs:

DiscGo
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Still too many places to see right here in the Good Ole USA to even think about other countries :2thumbs:

I asked my parents this same question tonight, and they said the same thing. Followed by "Havasupai" (my Mom really wants to hit Havasupai this year).

stefan
03-05-2007, 08:28 PM

ahh ... very nice. i'll be there in august :nod:

umm, where would i like to go? hmmm.

i guess my immediate choice (which i hope i get to do) is to visit two of my very best friends in cambridge, england. they just moved there for a short period of time. i've never been to england. they've been sending me endless photos ... wonderful.

i'll have to think about what i "dream" of some more though.

savanna3313
03-05-2007, 09:22 PM

ahh ... very nice. i'll be there in august :nod:

I am green with envy! :mrgreen: I want to see TONS of photos!!! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I'd like to go back to London.

Cirrus2000
03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
I wanna buy half of Richard's Cirrus (note the name) and fly it when he isn't. Beats a clapped out old rental 172.

I loved England. My wife and I spent a couple of weeks there just after we were married (then 4 more weeks around Europe). We traveled the countryside, ate ploughman's lunches at local pubs, and learned to drive right-hand. Next, I think, is Ireland and Scotland. We'd like to take the kids there (all of the isles) in a couple of years.

I'm not so into the tropical places, but one day I will stay somewhere with a swim-up bar. Anywhere, doesn't matter.

Machu Picchu is fairly high for me - possibly including the Inca Trail hike in.

Hong Kong.

Small doses of Southeast Asia. Angkor Wat, that kind of thing. None of the "2 months in Thailand" thing for me, though. See my comments on "tropical".

Nepal is high on the list - just trekking about.

New Zealand.

I have to get to Newfoundland one day. The people are, without a doubt, the best I've met, bar none. Salt of the earth, shirts off their back types. I was in ATC training with a bunch of them. Got to get to "The Rock" and see what makes 'em that way. (Say, for a quick lesson in Newfie speak, say the following in quick succession: "Whale. Oil. Beef. Hooked." Repeat. Faster.)(if you

sparker1
03-06-2007, 06:24 AM
New Zealand.

I have to get to Newfoundland one day.

Have been to both, and they are delightful. There's something about visiting island countries, tropical or not. Spent 27 days in Newfoundland last summer.

Cirrus2000
03-06-2007, 06:54 AM
New Zealand.

I have to get to Newfoundland one day.

Have been to both, and they are delightful. There's something about visiting island countries, tropical or not. Spent 27 days in Newfoundland last summer.

They get summer there? Or the 27 days was summer...:five: :haha:

Sounds very nice. One day...

R
03-06-2007, 07:30 AM
I wanna buy half of Richard's Cirrus (note the name) and fly it when he isn't. Beats a clapped out old rental 172.

I used to rent a clapped-out 172 here in Ada. Even had a girlfriend throw up in it once. (The next time I saw her I pinned captain's bars on her collar and told her she'd been promoted to Captain Ralph Blowchowski.) About five years ago the plane was bought by the FBO and they pimped it out with new interior, 3-axis autopilot, GPS, flap seals, the works. When it came out of the shop with those improvements, rent for it was twice what it had been before.

What I need is a ratty 150. :2thumbs:

americanhero
03-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I would like to do the hike to the top of Kilimanjaro, maybe next year.
Then I also want to visit Alaska, Antarctica. Nepal for trekking would be nice.
And then there are so many things on my list I wanna see in the US, especially in the Southwest.
I wanna do the subway, Paria Canyon, some hikes in the Swell as well as a rim to rim hike in Grand Canyon(I only did it to Plateau Point) and Half Dome in Yosemite.
That's a lot of stuff, isn't it? :mrgreen:

DiscGo
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I would like to do the hike to the top of Kilimanjaro, maybe next year.
Then I also want to visit Alaska, Antarctica. Nepal for trekking would be nice.
And then there are so many things on my list I wanna see in the US, especially in the Southwest.
I wanna do the subway, Paria Canyon, some hikes in the Swell as well as a rim to rim hike in Grand Canyon(I only did it to Plateau Point) and Half Dome in Yosemite.

The world is just too cool to do it all!

americanhero
03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
The world is just too cool to do it all!

I think I won't be able to do all of it :cry: But I will try.

DiscGo
03-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I think I won't be able to do all of it :cry: But I will try.

That is a good attidute. I think I'll try too :).