PDA

View Full Version : It's about time...........

jfeiro
03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Well you've probably all have seen me on here pretty often and haven't posted much, really haven't had much to say or add. First off i've been in Utah for about 20 yrs. and up until about 6 years ago, although i do love the outdoors, I haven't had a lot of time to do anything because I was an over the road truck driver. Now that I've been local the last 7 years I've tried to make up for lost time.

I really love to mountain bike, mostly up around Park City, i did make it to Sun Valley 2 years ago and loved every minute of it. The place is just awesome to ride, although my wife can't figure out why I;d travel that far just to ride a bike, I just turned and walked away.I also love to camp and hike and backpack. Discovered the swell last year and can't get enough of that place. I also did some kayaking last year on the Snake, Green and Colorado rivers last year and fell in love with that, I hope to get out and do some more this year.

I was born and raised in Northern Minnesota, Duluth to be exact and love to do some snowshoeing in the winter.I also took up hunting a couple of years ago and have been elk hunting the last 2 years and got out for a little deer hunting this year. I've tried a little duck and goose hunting but think i'm going to concentrate a little more on pheasant hunting as soon as I can train my dog what to do when he see's one. Took him to a rooster club in November for grouse and pheasant and he'd rather play with them. In all fairness though he was only 6 months old at the time, his names Harley and he's pure bred yellow lab. I also like to do some geocaching when i'm out and about.

I guess if I had to describe myself and a perfect weekend or vacation would be to load up my pickup with my tent, sleeping bag, bike,kayak and just fade away. The on;y bad part about any tip is coming home.

Oh and I also bought a motorcycle last year, It's a Harley Davidson, only a sportster for now, gonna go for a wide glide when I upgrade, but right now it works. Just want to say that this sight rocks and have spent many times reading , laughing and day dreaming along with everyone else on here and hope to meet some of you out on the trails or where ever one of these days.

DiscGo
03-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Belated Welcome! Obviously you are familiar with the site, so I'm hoping that you already enjoy it. Hopefully now that you have made yourself "official" you'll start posting more.

greyhair biker
03-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the show! Deer Valley is AWESOME to ride! You'll have to hook up with the boys when Fourtycal gets the Tuesday rides a going again. Lots of riding to do down there! :ride:

Sombeech
03-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Hey heyyyyyyy! :cool2:

Mtnman1830
03-05-2007, 09:07 AM
welcome. I also 'discovered' the Swell last year. Amazing place.

RugerShooter
03-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the site

accadacca
03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Yup, we have seen you around for some time. I like yer avatar too. :2thumbs: