PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Sunny and 70...

Mtnbiker
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Had a great trip down south last weekend when the weather great, and I thought right about now would be a good time to see some blue sky and sunny pictures.

The first are of course Gooseberry which you've all seen before but the second bunch are from the City Creek/Owen's trail/turtle Hill loop that seems to fly under most people's radar. Haven't heard much about these. It's a great trail system just on the north skirts of St. George that has some great slickrock and desert singletrack.

These photos are all courtesy of our friend Scott from St. George.

Sombeech
02-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Excellent shots. Sounds like a riot. So, you met up with Scott too, huh? Nice. Scott's getting all of the northern traffic.
:lol8:

Very cool shots. Thanks.

Mtnbiker
02-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Yep he's made a name for himself in the Utah Mountain biking scene aparently.. :mrgreen:

Funny story is we knew each other through a common friend back in Michigan a few years ago, and he's since moved to St. George and now we're riding together again 2000 miles away :2thumbs:

Sombeech
02-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Funny story is we knew each other through a common friend back in Michigan a few years ago, and he's since moved to St. George and now we're riding together again 2000 miles away :2thumbs:

Oh yeah, I now remember talking to him about knowing you guys.

live2ride
02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I have to say that I am just Jealous about these pics, the riding and the nice weather you had! I am going to go down south next weekend even if I go by myself!! I am ready to RIDE.

Apart from being jealous, those are some great pics, and the trails looked great

nefarious
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
If it makes you peeps north of the Mason/Dixon feel any better, it snowed down here this morning.

shagster
03-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Well I hope it is all melted and gone by Saturday. I am going to be down there for my buddies race. We plan on riding a little while we are there. Make sure the snow is gone and it is back in the 60's!! :2thumbs:

nefarious
03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping that it melts down enough I can at least ride on the pavement in a few weeks or so. It has just been so dark, cold, and windy lately down here in St. George.

pssst. just between us it's right back to T-shirt weather today, the snow only stayed on the ground for an hour or so. Today it is sunny and warm warm warm as usual. Don't tell your northern friends though, no reason to depress 'em.

So anyway, what's this race your friend is riding in?

shagster
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
So anyway, what's this race your friend is riding in?

I am not sure what it is called. All I know is that it is Sat. afternoon starting at 12 somewhere over by Green Valley. I will have to see if I can find out any details. We are heading down tomorrow afternoon. :2thumbs:

Scott
03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Yep he's made a name for himself in the Utah Mountain biking scene aparently.. :mrgreen:

Yep. Vagabond Touring, Southwest Division here. :ride: Good to see you guys. Definitely had some good weather and rides those last couple of weekends.

Hope to be over at the race this weekend pre riding, taking some pics and hanging out. Maybe I'll see you guys over there.

Weathers looking good after that terrible winter blast that lasted a couple of hours. I thought it would never end. :cold:

tmb
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey!! I am that common friend. :nod:

Since all my friends moved to Utah and left me in the midwest I guess I'll have to start hangin' out on this bb.

Can't wait to see what Vagabond Tours has in store for me this year. :2thumbs:

T

TreeHugger
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Yep. Vagabond Touring, Southwest Division here. :ride: Good to see you guys. Definitely had some good weather and rides those last couple of weekends.

Hope to be over at the race this weekend pre riding, taking some pics and hanging out. Maybe I'll see you guys over there.

Weathers looking good after that terrible winter blast that lasted a couple of hours. I thought it would never end. :cold:

Is this the Scott I know??? Who's house I stayed at with Jody???

(Karen)

Sombeech
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM

Since all my friends moved to Utah and left me in the midwest I guess I'll have to start hangin' out on this bb.

T

Welcome to the forum. :2thumbs:

Scott
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM

T

Hey T. welcome to the board. You know you have had more than one invitation to join us out here. :cool2: Maybe someday.

Gotta go ride and contemplate the 2006 Vagabond tour some more. :mrgreen:

Scott
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Is this the Scott I know??? Who's house I stayed at with Jody???

(Karen)

Si senorita. How have you been? I still have not been able to get the link to the pics to work. :frustrated: I still have to try a couple of things.

I still have not been able to get any of my pics around because I keep having good weather that seems to keep me off the computer. Here is one of the Jode at the JEM.

TreeHugger
03-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Well good to hear from ya! :nod: I'll see if I can link those pics some other way.... least ways I'll email ya some. Nice to see you're getting out and getting some good riding in....

tmb
03-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Someday, Scooter. For now I'll have to be content with yearly visits. Four more years then the girls will be out of school...... Then I'm outta here.

Sombeech- Thanks for the friendly welcome. Actually I'd followed a link of your's here from the MMBA bb before Scott or Ian started posting here. Small world, huh? Very cool site you guys got here, filled with positive energy. I think I'll like hangin' here.

T

tanya
03-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the Group :2thumbs:

Mtnman1830
03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
wow. almost makes me want to get a bike...

Tumbleweed
03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Nice shots Ian...looks like a great place! Looking forward to some more rides with you guys this upcoming year. Need to get my bikes all tuned up.

Beau