PDA

View Full Version : New but not

igullberg
02-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Hello everyone. So I have been watching and reading this board for a long time now. I finally decided to join and contribute. I love the outdoors and since I got married and most of my friends moved away I have not done much of anything I love doing outdoors.

A little about me. I like to hike, climb, bike, snowboard, and will try just about anything once. I used to work at Rossmiller Photography at park city mountain resort as a ski photographer, so Photography has been a big part of my life and my activites. Currently I work a graveyard shift, which is no fun. I was riding my bike to work every day untill one fun day when I wrecked. I know you all love pictures so here is the result of that fun day. Pics (http://igullberg.googlepages.com/ivon'scrash) I still havent fixed my bike. Anyways I hope to meet some new people here and contribute what I can. Thats all about me for now. Feel free to ask questions.

PS- Helmets are a good thing :)

DiscGo
02-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Welcome to the site! I have noticed a lot of people being online here and not leaving messages, so it is fun to have you join the gang. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

DiscGo
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
P.S. When I said I look forward to seeing more of your pictures, I didn't mean biking accident pictures (I thought I'd clarify so you wouldn't think I were a sadist or something).

accadacca
02-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Welcome! Glad you joined. Looks like your link is not working, due to the apostrophe in the url. I saw your crash pictures...dang dood. Lots of bikers on this site.

BTW...you can see his crash pictures here: http://igullberg.googlepages.com/ or by clicking the "www" from his profile.

shagster
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the site, and by the way nice picts. Looks like it was a pretty nasty one. :2thumbs:

live2ride
02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the site, I look forward to seeing some of your pics!

stefan
02-25-2007, 09:40 PM
greetings :gents:

Sombeech
02-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeouch! Nice wreck!

That's when you need a helmetcam. :lol8:

Welcome to the forum.

tanya
02-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Oh no! You have been watching us! How are we ever going to pull off giving the newbie a hard time now? :lol8:

RugerShooter
02-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Welcome, I also can't wait to see some pics

greyhair biker
02-26-2007, 06:15 AM
wecome, and OUCH dude!

DiscGo
02-26-2007, 07:16 AM
I've gone back to look at the crash pictures a couple of times. It is like a train wreck and I just can't look away.

Alex
02-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Ouch...but hey, no pain no gain!

Welcome! :2thumbs:

igullberg
02-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Even though I have been reading the board for a long time feel free to treat me like a newbie. :wink:

Im getting some of my photos ready for posting here is a teaser :)

rockgremlin
02-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Hey dude! Do you happen to know an Ethan Millard? He also shot for Rossmiller up on the slopes of Park City. Ethan is a good friend of mine.

DiscGo
02-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Your snowbird picture is cool. My family believes that Utah is the most beautiful state and we love it. My in-laws view Utah as a desolate area with mountains. It is hard to see that picture and not see how beautiful Utah is.

Jaxx
02-26-2007, 11:01 AM
that crash looks bad. What did you cut your hand on that you need that many stitches? Was it part of your bike? and welcom.

igullberg
02-26-2007, 11:54 AM
DiscGolfDivers, Thanks. I have lived here in utah since I was five, Im now 26. I think it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Jaxx: So my crash was bad, but not that cool. I was on the way home after work. I was on the U campus heading down South campus drive. I was crossing over from the street to the side walk but missed the dip and hit the curb. :doh: I went over the handle bars. I dont remember much after that, got a nice concussion :dizzy: My gloves werent riped at all so Im guessing my hand just split when it got stuck in between the handlebars and breaks. I some how managed to call my wife and she then picked me up and took me to the ER. heh. Probably would have been better of a story if I was trying to do some neat trick or something like that. lol.

Alex
02-26-2007, 12:32 PM
... or if you were running from cops on a bike, or in a biking gang shootout, while you took out 4 guys and wounded 3 you tripped over a dead body and went over the handle bars taking out the last standing bad guy!

Now that's a story with those pictures....

JK! Thanks for sharing your story.

Jaxx
02-26-2007, 12:50 PM
axx: So my crash was bad, but not that cool.

Im sure it was cool, if there was a video I would probably laugh at it, but when I look at those pictures I get a knot in my stomach.

igullberg
02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey dude! Do you happen to know an Ethan Millard? He also shot for Rossmiller up on the slopes of Park City. Ethan is a good friend of mine.

I dont know him. I worked there for only three years 2000-2003. It was an awsome job. When did he work there?

Kazak: I think that would be a better story :haha: maybe I'll use that one from now on.

Jaxx: I wish there was a video of it....I would probably laugh also...

rockgremlin
02-26-2007, 01:08 PM

I dont know him. I worked there for only three years 2000-2003. It was an awsome job. When did he work there?

I think he started in 2003, and did it for two years. He probably took your spot after you left.