PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Dune running video

MTpockets
02-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Just in case you are not tired of me posting stuff from Little Sahara, here is my latest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvlcbmewaRQ

enjoy.

MTpockets

MTpockets
02-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Here are a couple pics showing how I captured some of the video.

RugerShooter
02-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Thats a nice setup

Sombeech
02-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Just in case you are not tired of me posting stuff from Little Sahara

Never! Keep em coming. Don't cha love that camera mount? I do.

MTpockets
02-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey thanks. What is not shown in the vid cam/tripod mount picture is the LANC cable control. This helped me turn the camera on/off and to go from STBY to REC on the video camera without touching the camera.

RugerShooter
02-21-2007, 10:21 AM
were did you get the super clamp camera mount and what do they run?

accadacca
02-21-2007, 11:10 AM
SWEET VIDEO!! I love the sand mountain stuff and the jumps. I love the sound of a four stroke too...music to my ears...

MTpockets
02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I was introduced to the Super Clamp during a conference I attended in Vancouver a couple years ago. I finally purchased mine from B&H Photo for about $27. You will notice the tripod head which I purchased from Wasatch PHoto in Salt Lake for about $50 and the detachable camera plate was another purchase. I think Sombeech uses a similar setup for his videos.

Meanwhile I have a few more mount ideas cooking and I'll write about them when I can.

Great thing about my mount setup is that is is solid, as opposed to flimsy, providing some comfort that my video camera isn't going to come off while riding. Another benefit is that I can concentrate on the driving and obstacle avoidance.

MTpockets

MTpockets
02-21-2007, 11:32 AM
SWEET VIDEO!! I love the sand mountain stuff and the jumps. I love the sound of a four stroke too...music to my ears...

While I was out riding I saw what looked like a large family having some fun. Dad was crouching near a landing zone and his kids were riding up on their quads and motocycles jumping. Some of the kids were pretty young and we stopped and watched them have fun jumping.

MTpockets.