PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Sucks!

asdf
02-21-2007, 06:09 AM
The LCD on my camera stopped working this weekend so I figured I should put the 4 year warranty to use. Ha, yeah right.
I paid $55 for a 4 year extended warranty that takes 4-6 weeks to determine if my camera is "fixable" ... After that time they say they will most likely give me store credit for a new camera... no joke... this is how it works at Best Buy. I explained to the customer service person that I have a 2 week old baby and want to be able to take pictures of him over the next month of his life. But they didn't care, so it looks like i am off to buy a new camera someplace else.

RugerShooter
02-21-2007, 06:15 AM
That's not a surprise, extended warranties suck and are a waste of money

DiscGo
02-21-2007, 06:56 AM
I always buy my cameras online. So any customer service I experience is always straight with the manufacturer instead of the company that sold it to me. I'm used to things taking a while, but I always get a great price.

R
02-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Best Buy Can Byte Me...

http://consumerist.com/consumer/best-buy/best-buy-profiles-customers-221995.php

Alex
02-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Same thing here, I always go for the lowest price online or buy it from Costco, who doesn't need extended warranty to take broken stuff back.

You need an upgrade anyways, bud. Four year old camera....eek....get something newer that takes good movies and pics. I use Canon S2 IS that I bought for about $230, which has a huge 12x optical zoom, takes 640x480 videos at 30fps and is fast enough to keep up with my 3 year old.

When you pick a camera for a baby, make sure the operation speed is high enough. Most of the P&S cameras I had weren't quick for my kid and I missed a lot of cool moments.

shagster
02-21-2007, 07:57 AM
That's not a surprise, extended warranties suck and are a waste of money

I couldn't agree more. I had the same experience with Circuit city. Camera broke and I had the extended warranty, but they would not do anything. I have really good luck with costcos electronics. Any problems they will replace it for free. In fact I have an aunt who is very anal when it comes to electronics. She had a Dvd player she bought at costco that was 4 yrs. old, well it broke and they still tok it back and gave her a new one. :nod: Now that's customer service. :2thumbs:

Joe Gardner
02-21-2007, 09:13 AM
BestBuy screwed me over on a broken laptop less then a month after purchase. Sadly, I paid by check, so it was a total loss on my part... I simply wont buy anything from them in the future. I can't stand that place.

I now buy all my electronics or anything that needs a warranty online, and use my AmEx CC. I'm not sure of AmEx's 'buyers assurance' would help on a 4yr old device...

Win
02-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Another anti-Best Buy. They screwed me over on some credits we had earned. Best Buy will get no more of my money!

Win

asdf
02-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I had the same experience with Circuit city.

How long ago was this? From what I have heard they recently revamped their return/warranty policies.
I got an extended warranty on my xbox 360 2 months ago and there was problem with the HD after a few weeks. They took it back with out even opening the box and they even gave me a free game.
I was pertty stoked on this so I got a new mp3 player (not an IPUD) for the wife with the full damage protection. They say I can smash it with a hammer and the will replaced it as long as I have most of the peices of it.

shagster
02-21-2007, 09:49 AM
How long ago was this?

I think it has been at least two years. This may have been when they had thier old policy. I am glad that you had good luck with them. I still like Costco for all my electronics.

asdf
02-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I still like Costco for all my electronics.

Costco does rule!
I had my Gigabeat f40 in my pocket and took a nasty spill on my DH bike. I cracked the LCD and smashed the case. Costco took it back and gave me a cash refund :2thumbs:

Alex
02-21-2007, 10:09 AM
You pay a little more for Costco electronics but their return policy does rule.

Another :2thumbs: for Costco!

JP
02-21-2007, 04:10 PM
WooooHooooo.................WAL-MART :2thumbs: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

When you guys start looking into camera's, give B&H PHOTO (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/) a look. They have some of the best prices around and good customer service :2thumbs: