PDA

View Full Version : My fugly bike...

Joe Gardner
02-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Ugly as sin, but gets me where I want to go, with all the comforts of home:

She holds two weeks worth of food and gear, gets 60mpg fully loaded... that somewhat helps with the fuglyness factor...

accadacca
02-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Yup, a nice looking biznatch Joe. I washed and shined up my GS yesterday. I am hoping to ride everyday next week (except the holiday/storm) and I am hoping the riding days are coming sooner than later. We definitely need to get together for some rides this year. What do you have planned?

double moo
02-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Nice fugly ride. Loaded down my GS could give it a run for it's money on the fugly front. GSs are like new babies - to everyone else they all look the same - to the parent they are simply beautiful.

Fano posted a ride report in ADV for his run out on the Pony Express trail yesterday (look in the regional/rockies forum). Conditions look better than I would have thought. Today screwed it up a bit though.

marc olivares
02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
i'm diggin' it Joe, very cool.

i see a UUTAH summer ADV ride this summer..... :cool2:

Joe Gardner
02-20-2007, 10:25 AM
No big rides planed yet, trying to figure out the logistics of a June Alaska trip, not looking so good right now. :(

A UUtah ADV ride sounds great... :D

double moo
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
A UUtah ADV ride sounds great... :D[/quote]

If it's anything like planning a monthly lunch spot... we better start talking now!

Acca to the white courtesty phone.... Acca....

accadacca
02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
And the warm weather is almost here too. I am waiting for the "planners" to plan an awesome multi state, multi day ride. Perhaps take off for a week or so. Its coming tho.... :five:

accadacca
02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
And the warm weather is almost here too. I am waiting for the "planners" to plan an awesome multi state, multi day ride. Perhaps take off for a week or so. Its coming tho.... :five:
Is that lame or what? :ne_nau: :lol8:

double moo
02-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Acca,

Capo said we need a new trip leader! Which must indicate I wasn't up for the job... so have at it... I'm all ears.

Would like to hit the PNW and push into BC a bit before heading east and home. Bring your tent... and good rain gear!

Sounds like you, Capo, and I need to do lunch.

(still working on Baja for Nov - any interest?)

Joe Gardner
02-21-2007, 01:12 PM
The PNW would be fun, I'd love to spend some quality days in the Canadian Rockies as well... Return trip could be made off road in No. Idaho and W. Montana... *drool*

I took this picture on Highway 1 in So. Oregon, the fog would have been about 6" above my helmet if I was on my bike... prefect temperature's, no traffic, amazing views and vistas... I was wishing I was on my bike for most of that trip. :D

accadacca
02-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Thats beautiful Joe. :eek2:

I am all ears for anything and its all sounding good... :ear:

We do need to do lunch...

double moo
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
How 'bout we buzz up to SE Montana and cut across Idaho on the McGruder corridor! Drop through Hell's Canyon and mozey on back through another direction. Looked at it last year to do in June - Ranger noted we were welcome to try... but the 14' snowdrifts could be problematic! Best time to go is late Aug.

So what do we do in the meantime!

accadacca
02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
In the meantime we head south... :cool2:

double moo
02-21-2007, 06:40 PM
get out the maps... and pick a spot for lunch....

accadacca
02-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Joe already has his bike loaded... :five:

Joe Gardner
02-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I wouldnt mind hitting up the white rim trail before it gets too hot...

caburt
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
This is last summer on my V Star. If anyone is planning a shorter ride (as in not the iron butt) let me know! I'm dying to go on a group ride. The most I've managed to get together was 2 other riders!

accadacca
02-22-2007, 10:35 PM
This is last summer on my V Star. If anyone is planning a shorter ride (as in not the iron butt) let me know! I'm dying to go on a group ride. The most I've managed to get together was 2 other riders!
Ahhh yeah...big pimpin'! Yeah, we WILL get together for some rides this summer. We do some shorter rides too. Like ride up to Bear Lake for a shake and then back. Or jet through a few canyons and hit breakfast somewhere. Double moo likes a good omelet with salsa...I do know that. :lol8:

Joonjoe and I did this ride last summer: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3398

double moo
02-23-2007, 08:26 AM

I have a spare helmet....

just sayin'....

ATGATT....

caburt
02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Haha. Thanks. I swear I have one and always wear it. I took it off just for the picture :nod: