PDA

View Full Version : Moab Sport Climbing - Help

price1869
02-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm going to go to REI and get a book, but thought I'd get the crew's suggestions.

I know most of wallstreet is trad/mixed, does anyone have some good beta?

Brian in SLC
02-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm going to go to REI and get a book, but thought I'd get the crew's suggestions.

I know most of wallstreet is trad/mixed, does anyone have some good beta?

There's a fair bit of sport climbing at Wall Street, but, its "sporty" climbing too, as the bolts were mostly put up on lead, methinks. Some classic rotues, but, not your standard sport climbing affair. And, I'll admit that I kinda hate the venue.

There just isn't much sport climbing in or near Moab. Some in the Swell, but, not much there either. Best bet for Utah desert sport is the St. George area.

-Brian in SLC

mrbrejcha
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
There are a few bolted lines at wall street, Nervous in Suburbia is the best, 4(?) drilled angles in about 80 feet, 5.10a ish. There are a few bolted lines near the road in Kane Creek, just keep your eyes open, there are a few in the ice cream parlor ( three i can think of [one is 5.7 slabbin, another is 5.8 and one is 5.11r] from the 5.7 slab you can set top ropes on a lot of stuff), if you're a badass there is exocommunication (5.13 something (3?) pitches), also there is a sport climb up one of the Nuns i think it's called holier than thou, 3 pitches mid-5.11, all bolts I think.

jumar
02-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Same topic on the rockclimbing.com forum. Do you go by Too High on that forum?
http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1545303;sb=post_latest_reply;so=AS C;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unr ead

price1869
05-31-2007, 07:51 PM
bump

Can I get the info on Millcreek that I was so kindly given b4? I'm heading down this weekend, and guessing that it's going to be rather hot.

Price

price1869
06-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Gracias. :nod: