PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Jazz Player To Reveal He's Gay, Blasts Sloan

accadacca
02-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh HELL!!

In the book and in his interview, Amaechi called Jazz owner Larry Miller a "bigot," said former teammate Karl Malone was a xenophobe and said coach Jerry Sloan "hated" him.

But Amaechi also spoke fondly of former teammate Greg Ostertag, who he said was the only player ever to ask him if he was gay (Amaechi answered: "You have nothing to worry about, Greg"), as well as another former teammate he calls "Malinka" (Russian for "little one") who Amaechi felt was aware and accepting of the fact he was gay. Amaechi's publicist, Howard Bragman, confirmed to ESPN.com that the player was Andrei Kirilenko.

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_038130333.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2757105

shanehadman
02-08-2007, 06:53 AM
I think this whole Amechi coming out of the closet is hilarious. He probably said all that stuff about Miller, Malone , and Sloan because they all rejected Amechi's gay ass :haha: :haha:

DiscGo
02-08-2007, 08:26 AM
This was on the front page of Yahoo. I heard it on CNN, ESPN, Fox News... I just don't get it. I don't really understand why him being gay is such big news?

shanehadman
02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't really understand why him being gay is such big news?

I agree... I mean he only played in the NBA for 5 years and they weren't even consecutive years. He probably didn't average more than 5 PTS a game if that

Instead of talking more about the JAZZ and giving them some respect for their great season so far, the main headline is Jon Ameachi being gay...WHO CARES????

rockgremlin
02-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Ostertag is heterosexual, and the Utah Jazz got rid of him...hmmm, maybe that should be headline news too? :roll: :roll: :roll:

The gay issue is big news because the gay community continues to make a big deal about it.

shanehadman
02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I heard from someone the Amaechi's favorite line in the locker room was:

"I pack the Fudge"

rockgremlin
02-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I heard from someone the Amaechi's favorite line in the locker room was:

"I pack the Fudge"

I heard it was..."I shoot the rim"