PDA

View Full Version : PETA Trial in North Carolina

Big58cal
02-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I really don't know if this is the correct area for this topic, but for fear of really getting a bunch of people's underwear in a wad, I figured that I would post this here. If it's in the wrong area and someone wants to move it, have at it.

Anyway, I don't know if you guys/gals were aware of the recent trial that took place in NC against the two PETA employees who were caught killing dogs/cats and then pitching the carcasses in a dumpster. Below is a link to the PetaKillsAnimals web site that has the trial coverage. It's a long read, but very "enlightening". :eek2:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Sombeech
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
From July 1998 through the end of 2005, PETA killed over 14,400 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during 2005 alone.

Interesting.

The thing is, somebody who is emotionally invested with PETA will read this, say the numbers are skewed, start blaming politics, say the animals were suffering.... :blahblah:

Instead, if you really want the Ethical Treatment of Animals, you really don't need to defend PETA. You just treat animals right. That doesn't mean you have to be upset when PETA does something outrageous, just decide independently to treat animals right.

People need to stop going to war to defend PETA's honor. They're a political group with their own agenda. You don't need to support a group like this if you want to be a good pet owner.