PDA

View Full Version : New Too From St. George

nefarious
01-30-2007, 01:13 AM
New to the site, but not Utah. I wasn't actively looking for a site like this, I just followed a link from one of Sombeech's videos featured at youtube. I was actively searching for a video of the Bearclaw Poppy Trail--which he was kind enough to share with the public--because I wanted mom to be able to see it.

Anyway, I ride all over the place in the St. George area, but usually only on a couple of the more popular mountain bike trails (Bearclaw, Stucki Springs, Churchrocks). As a solitary adventurer, I'm too lazy to drive to trailheads that are of any distance. If I can't peddle to them from my front door, I usually don't bother. That's sad, I know, but I'm just being honest here. I tend to ride the paved bike paths as much as the off-road ones, and St. George is a great place to do it. There a miles and miles of great paved trails here. My fav. paved route goes from Bloomington Hills to the top of Snow Canyon.

I encounter quite the diversity of critters in my riding down here, everything from coyotes to quail to cottontails to roadrunners to tortoises to kit fox. I have some pics of a fox pup and his den that I discovered west of St. George. I'll have to post a few of them.

Even though I found this site by accident, I'm glad that I did. I look forward to learning more about Utah's outdoor offerings and I'll just have to work at being less lazy and check more of it out.

bp

DiscGo
01-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Welcome to the site! I can't tell you how much I have learned on this site. A lot of my friends consider me to be "outdoorsy" but I feel like I know so much less than a lot of people on this site. Anyway, you are going this site, if you enjoy the outdoors.

tanya
01-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the group! There are lots of bike riders in here for you to chat with! :2thumbs:

accadacca
01-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Yup, you stumbled upon the best Utah Outdoor website on the planet. Welcome! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
01-30-2007, 09:12 AM
I just followed a link from one of Sombeech's videos featured at youtube.

Booyah! :cool2:

Hey, we'll be in St George doing some biking in a week and a half. Maybe we'll have to meet up.

nefarious
01-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome ppl! :)

Iceaxe
01-31-2007, 05:23 PM
:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

stefan
01-31-2007, 06:29 PM
greetings :gents:

looking forward to your photos

greyhair biker
02-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the clan brah! Lots of good stuff here :2thumbs:

Alex
02-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the site, once you get in, it's hard to let uutah go :( Make sure you keep them TRs and photos coming! We sure love photos here.... :2thumbs: