PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Video: Kane Creek Trail - Moab

RedMan
01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
This video was shot along the Kane Creek Trail in Moab Utah.
This trail is moderate 90% of the way. Some of the obstacles, like the rock wall where I hit the "Off" button on the camera, have alternate routes around them.

My mother, father, and two of their friends were with us. They had no problems over 90% of this trail. Mom does not like the nasty stuff and she enjoyed this trail.

There is a hill at the end that is NOT easy.
UNFORTUNATELY I had technical difficulty and did not get video of the struggle I had
on that particular hill. I lost the box off the back of my quad, and pretty much wheelied up, hopping rock to rock. In retrospect it was not a smart choice and I would probably not do it again alone. The rest of my group opted to wait for me at the bottom.

The last 4 minutes of this video is from the top of that hill around the bottom two track and returning to my group.

If you are wondering where exactly this hill is located, rest assured that you will know for certain when you get there. Hard to miss and the trail along the bottom ,where this video ends, turns off at the bottom of this hill.

If you take this lower trail you might need some help on a few spots. This video is sort of deceiving and makes a few spots look easier than they are. You can tell by the way I am essentially looking at my headlights in a few shots trying to keep the front end on the rock.

You must turn around and go back the same way you came when you get to the end
unless you plan to have someone pick you up on the highway south of Moab.

This is a large 40MB file, and runs about 17 minutes.
www.atvutah.com/video/KaneCreek.mov

MTpockets
02-23-2007, 10:07 AM
That was a great video Redman. Thanks for sharing.

I did that trail several years ago with my CJ and a group from the RR4W during the jeep safari. I like that trail.

What did you record the video with? What program did you edit on and what settings did you use when exporting for the web?

MTpockets

accadacca
02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Ah the joys of video production RedMan. I think you and Sombeech could really relate. Its takes one guy that has to sacrifice for the better cause and the group. Good Stuff! :five: :popcorn: