PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Road

moabfool
01-18-2007, 03:53 PM
At first I thought the guy in the SUV was on a rampage. This is a crazy slick road.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=21556

JP
01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I wonder where the plow trucks were? The city trying to save some money by not getting the sand down on the roads?

accadacca
01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Not to laugh...but thats just damn funny. :roflol:

moabfool
01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I wonder where the plow trucks were? The city trying to save some money by not getting the sand down on the roads?

From what I gather this is in Portland, OR. It never snows (except for when it does aparently) so they don't have snow removal equipment. Still, they should keep a stockpile of salt and sand for emergencies like this.

When I was a little little kid I remember the city dump truck would drive around with salt in the back. No spreader, just the dump bed. They'd have a guy in the back with a shovel throwing salt out the back. He did a darn good job, but that gig must have sucked. BTW, they drove really slow FWIW.

JP
01-18-2007, 05:27 PM
From what I gather this is in Portland, OR. It never snows (except for when it does aparently) so they don't have snow removal equipment.
The funny part is that they spoke of having this exact same problem before. Since it has happened in the past, the city should have something up its sleeve to prevent citizen injury and property damage for a reoccurring problem :haha:

Sombeech
01-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Shake and Bake.

The funniest part is, people will just stand on the brake pedal, and wonder why they're still sliding.

Hint: Don't brake on ice. Keep the wheels turning for traction. Braking turns the wheels into tiny black sleds.

Scott Card
01-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Part of this video was on Letterman last night. It was prefaced with the comment that he (Letterman) had video of Lindsay Lohan driving to her rehab.... :haha:

Sombeech
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Part of this video was on Letterman last night. It was prefaced with the comment that he (Letterman) had video of Lindsay Lohan driving to her rehab.... :haha: :roflol: