PDA

View Full Version : Heaps makes the SL Tribune

Iceaxe
01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Heaps made it into the Out Takes section of today's Tribune.

Photo Caption:
Jon Johnson, of Provo, snapped this photo of Dave Jamison during an adventure in Heaps Canyon at Zion National Park over the summer. "It's one of my favorite ones. Maybe because it's a cool pic or maybe because [of] how hard it was to get there," he wrote.

The Tribune's Out Takes photo feature launches this week. Out Takes will run every other week in this spot on the Outdoors Insider page, alternating with Hike of the Week.

Send us your best outdoor adventure (anything from climbing to skiing to mountain biking) or wildlife-related picture with details on the location, any people in the shot and the date it was taken. Include a phone number for verification.
Photos submitted via e-mail must be high resolution.
Pictures can be sent by e-mail to brettp@sltrib.com with Out Takes as the subject or mail them to Brett Prettyman, Outdoors writer, The Salt Lake Tribune, 90 S. 400 West, Suite 700, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.

tanya
01-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Way cool!

Scott Card
01-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok, I must have been frozen or something but I do not remember that rap. Where is it?
:ne_nau:

ratagonia
01-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Ok, I must have been frozen or something but I do not remember that rap. Where is it?

It is right near the end. Not the last rappel that gets you to the *Final Corridor*, but not long before that. It might be the one with the really dodgy rappel anchor.

Tom

Scott Card
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Yep, I was frozen. :cold: Actually I wasn't cold but I just don't remember a thing about this rap. I am the anti-Ram when it comes to remembering details about canyons, particularly on my first descent. I get so focused on completing each obstacle and the canyon itself that I forget to take mental notes. I always remember the canyon way better after the second time through.

mrabe1979
01-12-2007, 02:54 PM

It is right near the end. Not the last rappel that gets you to the *Final Corridor*, but not long before that. It might be the one with the really dodgy rappel anchor.

Tom
I was not aware that ratagonia was a "rookie". Oh I get it now the more time a person spends on here posting the more experience you gain. :ne_nau:

accadacca
01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I was not aware that ratagonia was a "rookie". Oh I get it now the more time a person spends on here posting the more experience you gain. :ne_nau:
You got it! Posting on uutah.com = real world experience :2thumbs: :lol8:

mrabe1979
01-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I quess I had better get to work then! :popcorn:

Scott Card
01-12-2007, 04:22 PM
You see, I have been promoted to "Outdoorsman" and all by sitting at my computer. Ain't it great? :2thumbs: I think I am going to go to Cabela's and request a discount due to my elevated status. Perhaps I will seek to be on an Outdoors late night TV program and give meaningless.. I mean meaningful commentary. Or maybe I can start a guide service.... at the Golden Corral. :lol8: Ya right, Tom Jones a rookie :roflol: The audacity of calling the Emperor a rookie. :nono:

stefan
01-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I quess I had better get to work then! :popcorn:

on the other hand ... if you're a gamblin' man, you could play the uutah slots of fun with the rotating banner .... if you get the UUTAH poker hand, you could change your rank instantly!