PDA

View Full Version : They're Shutting Off My Power!

moabfool
01-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Okay not forever, just between 8:30 AM and 1:00 PM on Saturday. Seems they're doing some repair work on the system in my area. I found a notice on my door when I got home last night. I'm just curious, did anybody else get one of these tags?

Iceaxe
01-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Nope.... I pay my bills :lol8:

moabfool
01-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Go ahead. Take your shot. I opened myself open for that one. :kicknuts:

:haha:

If the weather wasn't supposed to be so bad it would be a good time to trim my trees. Heck, if I'm lucky that's why the power's getting cut off. If I'm even more lucky I'll get the bill for it :ne_nau: .

DiscGo
01-11-2007, 10:41 AM
That happened to me once a couple of years ago when I was living in Orem. I remember being really worried about it and it ended up not being a big deal. I think I had my power back earlier than promised as well.

Just make sure you eat any ice cream in your freezer before hand. I hate wasted ice cream. I know FEMA would say that wasted ice cream is a sign from God about the treatment of cows, but I think it is just sad.

moabfool
01-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm just trying to figure out if they're doing substation work or just replacing the transformer on the pole behind my house. I guess I could just call RMP, but, as evidenced by so many threads on the interweb, conjecture, supposition, and assumption are so much more fun than the facts.

Iceaxe
01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Actually I had the same deal about a year ago. They were putting in a pipeline near my house and had to cut/move the cables. The notice said I could expect power out for something like 12 hours, but our power was actually out for only about 1 hour.

FWIW: The power was shut off exactly at the appointed hour. It was turned back on the minute repairs were complete.

:popcorn:

It's a good time to have sex with the wife since you can't watch TV.

:roflol:

JP
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Four hours in the cold is a long time, hopefully it's kind of warm out for ya :nod: