PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into Archery?

Joe Gardner
01-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm looking for a good shop in the SLC area. What about indoor ranges in the SL valley?

shagster
01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Here are a couple of places you could try

Salt Lake Archery & Sporting Goods Company
1130 Wilmington Ave
Salt Lake City, UT 84106

or

Sportsmans Archery
9352 S 670 W
Sandy, UT 84070

(801) 562-0093

The shop that I know of is here in Layton is Wilde Arrow. It is a great shop with a range. My little Bro. shoots there all the time.

mrabe1979
01-12-2007, 04:25 PM
There is a new shop in west jordan a 7800 south 3200 west. It has a nice indoor range. I can't remember the name right now I will post the name when I remember.

DAA
01-16-2007, 01:21 PM
The shop that I know of is here in Layton is Wilde Arrow. It is a great shop with a range. My little Bro. shoots there all the time.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if Wilde Arrow carries the Bowtech line would you? My old bow (Hoyt) is getting retired, so I'm in the market for a new one as soon as the tax refund is here. Got a bad case of the hot running wants for the new Bowtech Guardian - but I don't want to buy one without shooting it first. And would rather buy it from someone who knows their stuff and could help me get it setup and dialed in.

- DAA

REDFOX
01-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Sportsmans Warehouse was carrying the Bowtech line last year. I am still assuming that they are still stocking them.

DAA
01-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Sportsmans Warehouse was carrying the Bowtech line last year. I am still assuming that they are still stocking them.

You're right, they do carry Bowtech. But I don't want to buy it there. They don't have much of a place to shoot before I buy (not sure if they will even let me?), and based on my experience with them, I wouldn't let them setup MY new bow (they tried to sell me a DACRON string for my bow last year, LOL!). And I'm planning on so many changes with this new one, that I really will need an experienced hand to help with some of the setup issues. So, I need to find more of a pro shop type place that carries Bowtech. Wilde isn't too far from where I live, that's why I was asking about them. I probably ought to just give them a call.

- DAA