PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report MANTUA/AVON RIDE

shanehadman
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
My brothers and I went for a little 4-wheeler ride last Saturday up to Mantua and on the backside of Avon.... with all the new snow last Friday we got stuck quite a few times, but we had a fun ride. My brother tipped his Polaris 500(green 4-wheeler) over on him, but was ok. My other brother is riding the red Polaris 600 and I am on the Arctic Cat 700 :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Good Times :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Sombeech
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Cool. Blake didn't go, did he? :roflol:

shanehadman
01-08-2007, 02:36 PM
He wrecked his 4-wheeler remember??? He couldn't handle our riding anyways!!!

Sombeech
01-08-2007, 10:16 PM
As Rev. Coyote would say, "You're all fat!"

scoutabout
01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
As Rev. Coyote would say, "You're all fat!"

Exactly. Meanwhile, he's writing checks to get motorized access removed from public lands. Seems like there are quite a few anti-access haters on this site.

Looks like a fun ride.

Nick Danger
01-09-2007, 09:23 AM
My brothers and I went for a little 4-wheeler ride last Saturday up to Mantua and on the backside of Avon....

Y'all might want to check with the Ogden Ranger District of the Wasatch-Cache National Forest regarding the route you took and the current OHV travel restrictions. The number is 801-625-5112, ask for Chip Sibbernsen or Rick Vallejos.

You may also want to ask where you can get a current Travel Map (the Revised Travel Plan is still on-hold pending an SEIS to further address cumulative effects). Or you can download a scanned & PDF'd low-res version from:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/wcnf/maps/travel/summer/Ogden-Logan-TVL_dist_smaller.pdf