PDA

View Full Version : New to board but not new to Utah

RedRoxx
01-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey all, lurked here a while and decided to make it official!!
I've been hiking and backpacking in utah for about 14 years usually in spring and fall. Had my first summer trip this past year to the Uintas which was very nice.

I've been based in southern Cali and now Tucson Az and enjoy all the desert hiking, but Utah is my favorite. Like the more out of the way places best. Remember when Coyote Gulch was not "well known" and went for the first time to the Wave, when there was not a permit system in place. I guess people like me make it change--

Stats-- I am single, female, almost 50 years old, have currently an under 40 year old boyfriend, started caving almost 2 years ago and now pretty good with the vertical stuff, haven't done any tech canyoneering yet but may be on the list depending on if I exhaust all my other opprotunities.
I'm primarily a solo hiker/backpacker--my last long trip was a 66 mile 7 day trek in the Gila River forks in New Mexico.

So far find this site informative and humerous and some dang good photos.

Keep it up :2thumbs:

Sombeech
01-07-2007, 10:06 AM
my last long trip was a 66 mile 7 day trek in the Gila River forks in New Mexico.

Wow! We'd love to see some pictures of that one. :nod:

And which part of the Uintas did you visit? Welcome to the forum. :cool2:

desertrat222
01-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Welcome NEWBIE thanks for joining :2thumbs:

RedRoxx
01-07-2007, 02:47 PM
The Uintas was a quick few days out of Christmas Meadow to Amethyst, Ryder and Kermsuh lakes and their respective basins. Not a lot of people surprisingly, I had Kermsuh to myself overnight.

I've been lazy updating Webshots so the Gila Pics are up on an Arizona hiking website I fequently post on:
http://www.arizonahikers.com/board/modules.php?set_albumName=albvi85&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

I have the Uintas pics posted on there too but can't find that address right now. I'm sure ya'll have plenty of photos of that area--maybe a pic or two will do

accadacca
01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the group RedRoxx. I am hoping your username has a double meaning, referring to University of Utah sports. :lol8:

Awesome photos! You should fit in nicely here at uutah.com. :cool2:

Sombeech
01-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Those photos are very good! Thanks.

rockgremlin
01-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Image bar candidate here -- very nice pic!

http://uutah.com/forum/files/222_226.jpg

Iceaxe
01-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I am single, female, almost 50 years old, have currently an under 40 year old boyfriend

Ya got to love that..... a hot young stripper BF :lol8:

Welcome :2thumbs:

Win
01-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the Forum. I think I see your posts over at AZ Hikers, where I do some lurking. LOL. Your photos are terrific, you're definetly an asset.

Win

Heather
01-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Welcome!!! Beautiful pics!!! :D