PDA

View Full Version : Boise State

DiscGo
01-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey Iceaxe. I just wanted you to know that I put huge points on Boise State for my bowl tournament bracket selection. I am rooting for them and I thought I should tell you so you know that I think they are a real team.

accadacca
01-01-2007, 07:48 PM
They came out blazing and popped OU in the chops. Keep is goin'... :2thumbs:

KillEmAll
01-01-2007, 08:13 PM
OU is done. Interception returned for TD makes it 28 - 10 in the 3rd.

:flamer:

DiscGo
01-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm so excited! I'm watching this in Ohio where most football from the West doesn't get respect and BSU looks great! I can't believe how well this is going. I hated to see Michigan lose but I was happy to see a Pac-10 team show my in-laws that there are strong teams in the West, and now BSU is looking even better.

accadacca
01-01-2007, 09:27 PM
BSU went conservative....they just got F*$#ed!!! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

accadacca
01-01-2007, 09:35 PM
This game is frickin' ridiculous.... :dropmouth:

accadacca
01-01-2007, 09:57 PM
That was one of the best games that I have ever seen. Shades of Utah's 2004 offense. The lateral, then the guts to make the fake and go for the WIN. And how about that fake, awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! :five: :popcorn: :2thumbs: :lol8: :bootyshake: :cool2: :nono: :naughty: :eek2: :rockon:

DiscGo
01-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Holy Cow! The play they used to score and the trick play to get them in the end zone was just awesome! This was by far the best game of the bowl season. I honestly just watched 13 hours of straight football and that was the most exciting game of all.

That was just so awesome!

I really wish that Boise State could have a scrimmage against OSU after the National Title game. Undefeated teams should play each other. I understand OSU not wanting to put the title on the line... but they should at least have a scrimmage.

There really does need to be a tournament.

shanehadman
01-02-2007, 06:57 AM
That was the Best BCS game I've ever seen...

Boise State deserved to win :2thumbs: :rockon:

DiscGo
01-02-2007, 07:49 AM
I still can't believe how much I enjoyed that game. Boise State looked so good. That was definitely one of the best game I have ever seen.

Iceaxe
01-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Iceaxe. I just wanted you to know that I put huge points on Boise State for my bowl tournament bracket selection. I am rooting for them and I thought I should tell you so you know that I think they are a real team.

I was thinking of you while watching Michigan get beat like a red-headed step child. :lol8:

I would have to say the Boise State game was one of the best games I have ever watched.

The commentators SUCKED.... all I kept hearing from them was how Boise would have to do this and do that to hang with the team speed of OU. After watching that game I thought Boise owned the title of team speed. It was also nice to see Boise shut down the OU running game like they did.

I'm really looking forward to the Ohio - Florida game. Three of my employee's went to Ohio State. I'm a big Urban Meyer fan after what he did at Utah.

Should be fun :2thumbs:

Scott Card
01-02-2007, 10:33 AM
WOW, what a game. One of the best ever. As much as I dislike the Florida schools, I just be came a Florida fan for one game for the sole purpose of screwing up the BCS. Then Boise could really be screaming for the title. We need a playoff!!!

Iceaxe
01-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I just be came a Florida fan for one game for the sole purpose of screwing up the BCS. Then Boise could really be screaming for the title. We need a playoff!!!

I cheer for anything that screws the BCS :2thumbs:

Damn... a playoff would be exciting. Just imagine if Boise was playing USC next week to see who would represent the west in the National Championship game.

:popcorn:

DiscGo
01-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I just want to say I can't believe what happened to Michigan. I kept thinking they would step it up and they didn't. I was shocked to see them lose.

I still think OSU will win on Monday, but now I am worried and on Sunday, I wasn't. Either way I would really like to see Boise State play OSU. Boise State definitely proved they are a real team yesterday. They looked awesome. I was impressed with the whole team, but especially the QB maintaining his composure after mistakes and the brilliant play calls by the coaches.

Iceaxe
01-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I still think OSU will win on Monday, but now I am worried and on Sunday, I wasn't.

I would be very worried if I was an OSU fan.

Personally I don't see Urban Meyer losing this game. A National Championship has been his dream and I just don't see him letting it slip through his grasp when he is this close. That guy was a burning desire I have seen in very few others.

Meyer will have his team well prepared and ready to play.

accadacca
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTguLmX-0Is&NR

accadacca
01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENwDDB0dlRk&NR

Iceaxe
01-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Nice find...

accadacca
01-02-2007, 03:00 PM
I love the looks on those OU fans. I was laughing at that the whole game. Those commentators were big time OU homers. The one guy kept saying "we" when he was talking about OU. Boise freakin' bent them over with their trickery....luv it....just awesome. :lol8: I couldn't sleep after watching that game... :popcorn:

Iceaxe
01-02-2007, 03:05 PM
The one guy kept saying "we" when he was talking about OU.

That was Barry Switzer. he was OU Head football coach from 1973-1989 so I think I can forgive him for being a homer.

And I really don't care if a commentator is a homer.... just don't try and pretend you are impartial. I always thought Hot Rod did a great job of managing both sides of the coin.

:nod:

accadacca
01-02-2007, 03:06 PM
.....and Bob Stoops shaking his head.... :roflol:

Iceaxe
01-02-2007, 03:14 PM
And for what it's worth.... Oklahoma head coach Barry Switzer was one of the most out spoken detractors when BYU won the mythical 1984 National Championship. Many people - especially Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer - were politicking for the one-loss Sooners to be voted the national champions if they won the Orange Bowl and not unbeaten BYU. Switzer's main cry was the Cougars didn't play as tough a schedule as OU.

Scott Card
01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
I rember Switzer the .... :frustrated: I just got back from trying to work off a couple of Christmas goodies and while on a treadmill I was watching ESPN. Their argument was that because of the Boise game there should not be a playoff. HUH???? Here is the logic. The two point conversion proved that Boise coaching staff knew that they could not keep up the the OU offense any more particularly the running back. that is why the two point conversion and the trickery. This would happen week in and week out (the not keeping up thing). Therefore, they couldn't handle a tournament game in and game out against the big schools. Utah was mentioned in the argument. Un-said conclusion. The "premier" teams are super human and better, stronger and faster. :lame: They were even trying to place the Texas/USC 2006 championship game in the same league of exciting games. Seems to me OU had as much prep time as Boise. Thought you may get a kick out of the gurus at ESPN and their logic. WE WILL NEVER KNOW TILL THERE IS A PLAYOFF IDIOTS (at ESPN that is) The final comment from ESPN sounded a lot like the Oregon coach who said that the mid majors wouldn't even compete in the big conferences. We will never know will we..... :popcorn:

DiscGo
01-02-2007, 05:19 PM
There really does need to be a tournament. A lot of schools didn't want one originally because of the amount of football, but there are so many bowl games now, that there really wouldn't be that much of an increase in games.

Anyway, a tournament is the only way to fairly decide who is the best.

Iceaxe
01-02-2007, 05:54 PM
They were even trying to place the Texas/USC 2006 championship game in the same league of exciting games.

I consider the 2006 Texas/USC game to be in the same class as last nights Feista Bowl. Both were great games to watch, both were a rollor coaster of emotion, both had a great comeback. Watching Vince Young in that game was special, maybe one of the greatest indivual preformaces of all time.

:2thumbs:

One item I see overlooked by the ESPN guru's..... if all schools were placed on equal footing in regards to a National Championship it would probably help the recruiting of teams like Boise/TCU/Utah/BYU/Fresno and create a more level playing field.

Scott Card
01-03-2007, 10:36 AM
I consider the 2006 Texas/USC game to be in the same class as last nights Feista Bowl. Both were great games to watch, both were a rollor coaster of emotion, both had a great comeback. Watching Vince Young in that game was special, maybe one of the greatest indivual preformaces of all time.

:2thumbs:

You are right about USC/Texas being a very good game and Vince Young was incredible. Perhaps I wasn't as invested in the outcome as I was in the Boise game. My subjective opinion I guess.