PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Zion / The Wave in December

brettyb
12-30-2006, 11:44 AM
We headed down during the quiet time b/w Thanksgiving and New Year's. Stayed in Springdale. Getting a permit for the Wave on Monday, Dec 18th was no problem at all, and we caught a nice break in weather between storms.

The Zion pictures were taken on the Sand Bench Trail, and along the highway heading out the east entrance.

tanya
12-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Wow!!!! Those are awesome shots and that's one adorable baby girl!!! :2thumbs:

I guess since you took a baby to the Wave, there is not reason to ask if you saw Melody and Top Arches, but did you see the Dino Tracks?

http://www.zionnational-park.com/coyote-buttes-paria.htm

Did you do any trails while in Zion? Those road shots are impressive! I love stormy shots.

brettyb
12-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm afraid we didn't see the dino tracks nor any of the arches. I should've printed your decription before heading down! We were worried about the little one getting cold anyway, though, and we were out for a while as it was...

And we did do the Sand Bench hike in Zion. A few of the pix are taken there. We had the trail entirely to ourselves, it was a real treat to hike it in that weather.

tanya
12-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm afraid we didn't see the dino tracks nor any of the arches. I should've printed your decription before heading down! We were worried about the little one getting cold anyway, though, and we were out for a while as it was...

And we did do the Sand Bench hike in Zion. A few of the pix are taken there. We had the trail entirely to ourselves, it was a real treat to hike it in that weather.

:2thumbs: Yeah... it's a detour to get to the dino tracks, but not too bad. I would not do it with a baby in tow in December either! Sand Bench does offer some great views and the winter shots can be hot.

accadacca
12-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Very nice work!!! :2thumbs:

asdf
12-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Win
01-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Looks you had a great time, thanks for sharing the photos. Zion is awesome in the snow.

Win

Scott Card
01-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Great shots of Zion particularly. Some ought to go to Tanya's photo contest.

tanya
01-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Great shots of Zion particularly. Some ought to go to Tanya's photo contest.

Yes!!!!!! :2thumbs:

http://www.eastziontourismcouncil.org/photo.htm