PDA

View Full Version : Renegade Sports is a rip off

nsb
12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Rotten Customer Service Lost My Business and Yours Too,
I purchased a snowmobile at Renegade Sports on Dec. 21, 2006. Ten minutes after I purchased the machine, I found out that my wife had already bought a snowmobile for me and was going to give it to me for Christmas. I quickly returned to Renegade Sports and I told the owner of the store my situation and that I needed to return the Snowmobile. He told me that they would not take it back. I negotiated with them for four hours and they finally agreed to take the Snowmobile back if I paid them $500.00 cash. I thought that was quite unfair and unethical. When I told the manager that I thought that they were being unfair and unethical, he was mad and started yelling and cussing at me using every offensive word in the book. Nobody ever deserves to be treated like that. At this point I decided to get my Snowmobile and get out of there. I can

Sombeech
12-28-2006, 01:25 PM
That freakin sux man. I'm going to get my camcorder out, put the phone on speaker, and record the call when I talk to them.

I'm just deciding how to lead them on. I'll act like I'm looking for the same model or something.

Sombeech
12-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Looks like I've got an email address for a Cody.

cody@renegadesports.us

So, since Todd is the real jerk, I'm gonna guess it's todd@renegadesports.us

RedMan
12-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Looks like Renegade is going to get a Million dollars of publicity for $500.

Good move!

marc olivares
12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
though i feel for your situation, i'm finding it hard to take your side.

why is it the business owners fault that you dont communicate w/ your wife before you make a sizable purchase?

i'm guessing that had discussed this with your wife, and she'd already purchased your snowmobile, i'm guessing she would have said something to you like "maybe you should wait" or "why don't you wait until after christmas"

if in fact you did have this discourse and you chose to buy the snowmobile anyway, well, then it just sucks for you and isnt the business' fault.

it's one thing to smear a business if they out right **** you, but i'm failing to see any ****ing going on.... you purchased an item, and got buyers remorse (for whatever reason) and they wont let you return it.
but it even sounds like they will let you return it, if you pay them $500
which i imagine barely covers their time they spent dealing w/ you.

sorry bud, i'm not getting it.

why are you pissed at them, from where i'm seeing it, you should be pissed at yourself... ymmv

Scott Card
12-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Marc, are you serious? I do see NSB's point. Without the contract in front of me I can't say if there is a no return policy and contractually you may be right but this is just horrible customer service and stupid for the business. I don't live in Logan but if I did my friends would hear about it. Having been the attempted victim of a car dealer's bait and switch routine, (I didn't lose any money) I sent letters to the salesman, the manager, the owner, KSL who advertised them, Lavell Edwards who used to be their spokesperson, the regional director and corporate head quarters. Heard from just about all of them and they were very apologetic. They asked if there was anything they could do to make it up, I said nope, cause I bought the same vehicle for less at another dealer. BTW, The company that tried to jerk me around is no longer in business.

Human decency and customer relations dictate business, particularly small business. NSB was not trying to pull a fast one or screw them on anything. He never used the product. And 500 bucks for their time??? Most auto, motorsport/ rv sales are on commission right? $100 bucks for their time or paperwork maybe if 100 bucks is worth the negative publicity and hard feelings. But $500.00 seems a bit extreme and 5 times more stupid that asking for $100.00. Sorry, but in a sense of decency and fairness I side with NSB. If I were advising the business I would have told them to make the return and give NSB a box of chocolates to have him come back for all the extras and future business. Renegade may be right but they are stupid.

Signed,

One who depends on word of mouth and quality work to earn a living.

P.S. Hey, NSB or any one else out there with a similar experience, next time post this in the general section. I by chance clicked on this thread.

Sombeech
12-29-2006, 01:09 PM
P.S. Hey, NSB or any one else out there with a similar experience, next time post this in the general section. I by chance clicked on this thread.

Good idea. I'll move it there.

Sombeech
12-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Also, the sled wasn't even taken out of his truck. He returned 10 minutes later, and these guys couldn't sympathize with him, eventually cursing the CUSTOMER on the phone.

Customer Service 101. That's a no no.

marc olivares
12-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Marc, are you serious? I do see NSB's point. Without the contract in front of me I can't say if there is a no return policy and contractually you may be right but this is just horrible customer service and stupid for the business....

LOL... Scott, i am absolutely serious.

from where i'm sitting, this troll, made a purchase that he now regrets and he is now on a smear campaign.

i never said that it wasn't horrible customer service, but as i read it, the guy acts as if he's entitled to return his product after purchase due to "poor communication w/ the wife."

and yeah without viewing the contract, how can you/us make assumptions based on anything other that what he produced here.

he said he purchased, changed his mind (why is irrelevant) and they would not return. sucks for him, but it's his fault, in my opinion.
:ne_nau:

i sure as hell wouldnt run out a buy a pair of socks let alone a snowmobile with out getting the ok from my wife...lol

Sombeech
12-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Well, I wouldn't say he's a troll.

He got caught in a desperate situation. Did you think HE might want to surprise his wife, like she did him? I think we've kept purchases secret before, for the element of surprise.

And in his situation, TEN MINUTES LATER, they treated him like crap.

marc olivares
12-29-2006, 01:28 PM

Hmmm.... first post on the forum and it's to slam business.
if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

wonder how many other forums this post or similar, are on?

Sombeech
12-29-2006, 01:35 PM

Hmmm.... first post on the forum and it's to slam business.
if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

wonder how many other forums this post or similar, are on?

I happen to know this is his second username, because he forgot his original password.

Nevertheless, it's just a sad situation where husband and wife tried to surprise each other with a new sled, and they couldn't afford both.

Imagine if Renegade Sports would have helped him out. He'd probably spread the good word to anybody looking for a sled.

marc olivares
12-29-2006, 01:43 PM
sorry Beech... i'm still not buying it.

i'm thinking there's more to the story than what he's putting up.

Sombeech
12-29-2006, 01:45 PM
sorry Beech... i'm still not buying it.

i'm thinking there's more to the story than what he's putting up.

No, that's it. This is actually my brother in law.

Iceaxe
12-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I worked in motorcycle/snowmobile shops for years.... If you bought or rode a Yamaha or Arctic Cat in the late 70's you probably dealt with me at some time. We were always taking bikes and sleds back. You would be amazed the number of guys who buy a bike/sled and their wife makes them return it.... pretty damn funny really :haha:

I'm guessing the "my wife already bought me one" is really "my wife is making me take it back".

Next item.... I think this is a troll... guys first post and it is to bitch about a dealer......

And from of the dealers point of view.... some people you can not make happy no matter what you do. I swear I could give some people a new bike/sled and free service and they would still bitch.

However, their are several major sleeve balls in the bike/sled business..... think stereotype used car salesman and you get the picture..... It would be interesting to hear the other side of this story.

I'm with holding judgement until I hear more info.

:popcorn:

Sombeech
12-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I worked in motorcycle/snowmobile shops for years.... If you bought or rode a Yamaha or Arctic Cat in the late 70's you probably dealt with me at some time.

That would have been a cool job. I'd actually love to work in a chop shop, and make custom bikes.

....besides, that's what people think I do anyways. :afro:

Iceaxe
12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
That would have been a cool job.

Probably the funniest job I ever had, but there is no money working in a bike shop unless you own the joint.

At the time I was bike crazy and also racing Motocross professionally (National #3). I was around bikes 24/7 and still could not get enough.

:ride:

R
12-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Troll or not, here is the word:

If you buy something with a credit card, you can contest the purchase within a year. Call the retailer, tell them you are contesting the sale, and that you can discuss it before a judge. I also urge you to hang up at that point, offers or apologies notwithstanding. Have your lawyer (you do all have lawyers, right?) call the retailer a few hours later. Chances are at that point, the full refund will be in place, as well as an apology, probably from someone higher up in the retailer's chain.

-R

Iceaxe
12-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey Beech.... If you want to have some fun call the sled shop and tell them you are a reporter working for Uutah and you would like to get their comment on the subject before writing your story.

A lot of this guys story just does not pan out.... like why not just stop payment on the check or contest the credit charge? All my years around bikes and the only guys who paid cash were drug dealers.

:nod:

chickenlicken
12-30-2006, 06:51 AM
I've bought 2 wheelers from Renegade. I always felt treated well. They service my machines as well and I also haven't had any problems with their service department. But I also heard that a previous boss of mine had a similar problems with a used motorcycle that his son bought, without dad knowing, and it seems like it was $500 or so to reneg the deal as well.

Nick Danger
12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey Beech.... If you want to have some fun call the sled shop and tell them you are a reporter working for Uutah and you would like to get their comment on the subject before writing your story.

... and you could use hair-aldo as a pseudonym.

Nick Danger, Third Eye

Iceaxe
12-30-2006, 12:07 PM
... and you could use hair-aldo as a pseudonym.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

nsb
01-02-2007, 08:44 AM
You can say what what you want, But the facts are there. I tried to return the snowmobile becuase I don't need two. My wife and I already agreed upon the purchase of a snowmobile. But that is beside the point, I have talked to other dealers and they said that they would have gladly taken the purchase back. I can't believe that they were willing to give up future sales for over one purchase. When the manager cussed me out for wanting to talk it over a little more, well thats just stupid customer service. I am a salesman and I know what it takes to keep customers happy, thats not the way to do it. I appreciate everyones support for this one, for the rest of you that don't like it, well I'm sorry that you can't see things for what they are. But I warned you so suit yourself. I can't waste any more time on this I'm going snowmobiling. Any body want to come with me? I have an extra sled!

nsb

Sombeech
01-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I can't waste any more time on this I'm going snowmobiling. Any body want to come with me? I have an extra sled!

nsb

I wish I could, bro. Take some pictures! I've told you to borrow my helmetcam, so the offer's still there.

derstuka
01-02-2007, 09:26 AM
The manager cursing was unprofessional, and uncalled for, however, what was your demeanor with him? If you were nice, then he was wrong to do so.

However, I would have to side with the dealership based upon the information provided. Why should it be their problem that you did not research this issue with your wife/family? As soon as you drive a car off the lot, it is considered used, and cannot be listed as new. If you had a problem with the sled (it was a lemon) then fine, but some research should have been done for such a large purchase.

Having said that, hope you enjoy the sleds...two make better than one anyways!!!! :ride: :ride:

tanya
01-02-2007, 09:29 AM
:ride: :ride:

On another short.. off spur topic..... I saw your cycle shots. That is you in your avatar! I thought it was just some picture off the net. :mrgreen:

derstuka
01-02-2007, 09:37 AM
:ride: :ride:

On another short.. off spur topic..... I saw your cycle shots. That is you in your avatar! I thought it was just some picture off the net. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that picture was taken at Laguna Seca Raceway (Monterey, CA) in July 2005 for the MotoGP (first one in 11 years in the US) race. What a fun time! Those were just two chicks standing around for a vendor, advertising themselves I guess, so I figured that a picture was in order... :naughty:

Check out this link for more insight... :2thumbs:

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636&highlight=laguna+seca

Sombeech
01-02-2007, 10:26 AM
That is you in your avatar!

derstuka is the man!