PDA

View Full Version : .

Tucker
12-28-2006, 11:23 AM

Sombeech
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Wasatch Crest
Mueller Park (from North Canyon)

...and, I'm out. I don't do much riding in SLC.

Tucker
12-28-2006, 12:16 PM

TreeHugger
12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi Tucker!

I would say, Crest Trail, (which you've done), The whole Mid-mountain (which you've done part), Round Mountain & Prospector (easy but really fun - in Park City), Trail 57 around Timp (I think that's the name of it, there are a bunch up there that are awesome), Tour de Suds (in Park City), Solitude (short but sweet), and I hear there are some great trails out near Vernal - Tammy and Ian rode out there this summer and said it was really fun. Mueller Park is fun, too, but do it in a loop not out and back, and never on a weekend.

Rich has tied together some really great, long rides from SLC to PC and around, he could show you some super fun stuff, too.

Peace!

accadacca
12-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Another related post: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2566

My top 3 within and hour. Hmmm...so hard.

1. The Crest

2. Tibble Fork via Pine Hollow Loop or "157"

There could be several listed at 3.

3. I would agree on Solitude, don't miss it. Several in Park City too. You can actually hook up with these from the Crest.

Sombeech
12-28-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Bonneville Shoreline trail in Ogden. I could ride that every time. It's got decent views, and it's a simple out and back, climb and descend. It crosses 2 decent sized streams, and it's very easy to get to.

fourtycal
12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
my 5 favorite salt lake valley trails

1 - Crest
2 - Yellow Fork
3 - Solitude
4 - Dog Lake
5 - Little cottonwood(quarry trail)

greyhair biker
12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
my 5 favorite salt lake valley trails

1 - Crest
2 - Yellow Fork
3 - Solitude
4 - Dog Lake
5 - Little cottonwood(quarry trail)
I have to agree with you on these...even it that order!

TreeHugger
12-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Is Yellow Fork down near Herriman, over there somewhere? I think I rode there once....

greyhair biker
12-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Is Yellow Fork down near Herriman, over there somewhere? I think I rode there once....
yeah - I have only ridden it once too - with Acca & Fourtycal...a cool little trail! The downhill section is fast and tight, winding through the brush and trees...and it flows SO well! I rode it on my downhill rig just because I wanted to BOMB the downhill but I was killing myself on the climb up - the dowhil was worth it though! I could get to it again to ride but I'd have a hard time explaining to someone just what roads to take to get there...Fourtycal has ridden it alot -

PunchKing
12-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Fourtycal has ridden it a lot -

Don't call your Mom it that is just rude!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow fork is a good trail if you don't mind avoiding and breathing the sweet odor and aroma of horse leftovers! That and in the summer it gets pretty darn dusty.

greyhair biker
12-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Fourtycal has ridden it a lot -

Don't call your Mom it that is just rude!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow fork is a good trail if you don't mind avoiding and breathing the sweet odor and aroma of horse leftovers! That and in the summer it gets pretty darn dusty.
'Momma' is gonna ride circles around you BOY :lol8: ..and we never ride in the back to EAT the dust! :roflol:

chromehead58
12-29-2006, 11:28 AM
If you don't mind the drive to Ogden, the thing i have found about he trails in the Ogden area are they are a lot less crowded the the ones around SLC. One short but fun trail is the "Mormon trail" which is just east of SLC. In the Ogden area, there are lots of trails, my favorites are,
1. skyline north
2. wheeler canyon to art nord by way of ice box, to needles to green pond and back to wheeler (up by snow basin)
3. Bonneville trial
4. any of the trails at snow basin
5. sky line from north Ogden divide to Ogden canyon.
if you are interested i can get you more details or just let me know when you are going to be in town, would love to show you a few of these trails.

greyhair biker
12-29-2006, 02:14 PM
If you don't mind the drive to Ogden, the thing i have found about he trails in the Ogden area are they are a lot less crowded the the ones around SLC. One short but fun trail is the "Mormon trail" which is just east of SLC. In the Ogden area, there are lots of trails, my favorites are,
1. skyline north
2. wheeler canyon to art nord by way of ice box, to needles to green pond and back to wheeler (up by snow basin)
3. Bonneville trial
if you are interested i can get you more details or just let me know when you are going to be in town, would love to show you a few of these trails.
Im up for any riding you all want to line up - this spring/summer looks like Ill be spending more time in Utah :2thumbs:

Tucker
12-30-2006, 12:18 PM

live2ride
12-31-2006, 01:26 PM
1. skyline north
3. Bonneville trial

That pretty much sums up my fav's also. I frequent these trails a ton in the warm months, Chrmomeheade we need to get out for a ride sometime since I am usually solo when I hit these rides! Also I want to camp out on Ben Lomond this year with the bike.

chromehead58
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
hey greyhair...just let me know when you are around and want to go, i can show all the trails here in the ogden area..

greyhair biker
01-03-2007, 06:36 AM
:2thumbs: sounds good to me! Just have to get rid of the snow and the cold :haha: Im sure we can get a bunch together for a ride!

chromehead58
01-03-2007, 10:01 AM
That pretty much sums up my fav's also. I frequent these trails a ton in the warm months, Chrmomeheade we need to get out for a ride sometime since I am usually solo when I hit these rides! Also I want to camp out on Ben Lomond this year with the bike.

that sums up my summer...so lets plan on a few rides this coming summer.

ogdmfg
01-03-2007, 12:02 PM
hey greyhair, if you come give me a call, give you the two cent tour of the shop.

ogd

greyhair biker
01-03-2007, 03:00 PM
hey greyhair, if you come give me a call, give you the two cent tour of the shop.

ogd
Jeremy - Cool! Hey, hows the framebuilding going? Yeah - it's time to get a ride together... :ride: :2thumbs:

ogdmfg
01-04-2007, 06:45 AM
busy, still working on that trailbike, and a few other projects-littlle kids downhill bike"20 inch wheeled", what do have planned for the middle of Feb.?

tallsteve
01-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Since I don't get up to ride much in SLC and since American Fork Canyon is a two minute drive from my house (literally!) here's my Utah County Favorite rides:

1- Ridge Trail #157- this trail can count as multiple trails depending on where you want to begin or end. I usually start on the Timpooneke Trail either at the Timp trailhead parking lot or up the road a bit. Ridge Trail to Southfork Deercreek back to Ridge back to Timpooneke. At the tail end you can also take off on the newer Horse Flat Trail. Or, from Ridge, take off down the Tibble Fork Trail. So many ways to ride this trail and I never get tired of it.
4- Payson Canyon and the trails around Blackhawk Campground.
5- For late fall, early spring riding it would be Lambert Park or 5-Mile Pass.

greyhair biker
01-05-2007, 12:35 PM
busy, still working on that trailbike, and a few other projects-littlle kids downhill bike"20 inch wheeled", what do have planned for the middle of Feb.?
..WORK, unfortunately...BUT there's always days off. I can ttake any vacation in Feb or Mar because of the mines' upcoming longwall move - I have to run a crew those months but we'll have to see 'cause I can come down on days off - i get 4 or 5 together..in a row...- so lets see ...checking my schedule, I have the 12,13,14 off and 20 - 23rd off...if that works.:2thumbs:

Ross
01-05-2007, 11:52 PM
I like the SLC BST, just cause its a minute away from me.

Everything else has been mentioned.