PDA

View Full Version : x.mas canyons

goofball
12-26-2006, 08:06 PM
not one to let a little gi bug deter me (much meds to dry me out more than the desert i was visiting helped), i got off to the powell area for a some fun.

the tell tale heart - 2a I. 1/2 dozen dc's. way photogenic. i had forgot how pleasant it is to see all sign of previous parties washed away so i can feel some false awe of discovery. until i hit the 1/2 buried ladder and pot-roglyph. you'll see what i mean if you go. that texaco on the west side of 276 north of bullfrog, right behind the last prefab south on the east side of 276 is this little cutie. head up canyon for uc's, or find your way to the head to descend. no climbs over 20' adn easy.

dave's not dead - i was hesitant to post this, but my visit was independent of any information or influence. after my plan was set i received bare bones info on rap lengths. last time i even show someone a map of what i have in mind... 3b II - III. take 200' rope and pull cord. nice canyon. good solid 5 on my meter. drive to the rim of good hope mesa at the end of the ticaboo road and right there in front of you it is. high clearance required ! this road sucks right now...

following are some lowlights.

full meal deals here -

http://community.webshots.com/album/556636634oxKeXq?vhost=community

http://community.webshots.com/album/556635619EShjED

Iceaxe
12-28-2006, 08:13 AM
i was hesitant to post this, but my visit was independent of any information or influence.

You must have us confused with "The Other Guys". We encourage sharing around this joint. :nod:

Thanks for posting the pics.

:2thumbs:

tanya
12-28-2006, 08:20 AM
not one to let a little gi bug deter me (much meds to dry me out more than the desert i was visiting helped), i got off to the powell area for a some fun.

the tell tale heart - 2a I. 1/2 dozen dc's. way photogenic. i had forgot how pleasant it is to see all sign of previous parties washed away so i can feel some false awe of discovery. until i hit the 1/2 buried ladder and pot-roglyph. you'll see what i mean if you go. that texaco on the west side of 276 north of bullfrog, right behind the last prefab south on the east side of 276 is this little cutie. head up canyon for uc's, or find your way to the head to descend. no climbs over 20' adn easy.

dave's not dead - i was hesitant to post this, but my visit was independent of any information or influence. after my plan was set i received bare bones info on rap lengths. last time i even show someone a map of what i have in mind... 3b II - III. take 200' rope and pull cord. nice canyon. good solid 5 on my meter. drive to the rim of good hope mesa at the end of the ticaboo road and right there in front of you it is. high clearance required ! this road sucks right now...

Great photos... nice to see something from that area!

Who is Dave. :mrgreen:

goofball
12-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Great photos... nice to see something from that area!

Who is Dave. :mrgreen:

only dave i know is dave black. maybe its named for him ? :ne_nau:

the tell tale tale heart is just down the road towards bullfrog a bit. there are other short and shallow slots like this scattered along 276. not destinations in theirselves, but nice pit stops to explore on a lazy day i bet.

Iceaxe
12-29-2006, 07:31 AM
There used to be (when the lake is full) a really cool little slot just north of the Marina. It was really popular with the Lake Powell Spring Break crowd back in the 80's. I have not visited it for 20 years but it was a fun slot that ended in the lake. I've always want to go back and find it again.

:nod: