PDA

View Full Version : What the hell did you get??

accadacca
12-25-2006, 11:02 AM
My 4 year old got a bunch of transformers, a tool work bench, remote control monster truck, etc. I got some AC/DC pajamas. :lol8:

tanya
12-25-2006, 11:10 AM
My 4 year old got a bunch of transformers, a tool work bench, remote control monster truck, etc. I got some AC/DC pajamas. :lol8:

We want to know what daddy got. --- OH! The P.J's are yours :lol8: cute.

I got sexy stuff.. which I am not going to list on here, wine, the movies Step Up (I have wanted), Dead Mans Chest, the usual photos and such, warm camping booties.

Kids have it made this year (unusual) Crazy pogo stick - Jumparoo, Jedi Light Saber game (tough one), snow boards, skate boards, games, gun :eek2: game, walkie talkies and some small stuff. Those are the games raging through the house today though. :mrgreen:

Win
12-25-2006, 11:12 AM
No kids, so we just spoil each other. Practical items: I got a 4" lift for my Jeep and my wife is getting Granite counter tops for the kitchen. Exciting stuff!

Win

tanya
12-25-2006, 11:15 AM
No kids, so we just spoil each other. Practical items: I got a 4" lift for my Jeep and my wife is getting Granite counter tops for the kitchen. Exciting stuff!

Win

:ne_nau: I would have hit you. :mrgreen:

double moo
12-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Titamium exhaust for the GS....

XR for the garage...

and a new helmet for me!

shaggy125
12-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I still don't know what I got, it's waiting at home. Unfortunately, working in the hospital, people still get sick on Christmas so I am stuck at work. I guess it's better me than the people with little ones at home.

Eric.

tanya
12-25-2006, 01:39 PM
I still don't know what I got, it's waiting at home. Unfortunately, working in the hospital, people still get sick on Christmas so I am stuck at work. I guess it's better me than the people with little ones at home.

Eric.

What kind of job do you do in a hospital? Medical workers are the best! :2thumbs:

Wade, Greyhair --- had Christmas early because he is at work right now. My hubby and older daughter had to go in and clean rooms today after opening presents. Until this year we had always worked on Christmas and Christams Eve, but some of our long time workers decided ---- they would stay and work instead of begging the day off and making the owners on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. That was nice they thought of us. :nod: We don't really mind working on a holiday though, since we just pick another day and celebrate then. For us it does not have to be a particular day.

Scott P
12-25-2006, 01:45 PM
I got a climbing trip to the Andes to climb six peaks with my wife, but we're not leaving until the 31st.

DiscGo
12-25-2006, 02:18 PM
When my wife and I were in Florida last week, she got a full day of shopping at a huge mall in Ft. Lauderdale, and I got a car this week. So we counted that as our Christmas, because we don't really have kids either.

shaggy125
12-25-2006, 02:35 PM
[color=white]
What kind of job do you do in a hospital? Medical workers are the best! :2thumbs:

I am a Respiratory Therapist and finishing school at the same time. It'll be great when school is done since I'll only work 3 days a week!

Eric.

DickHead
12-25-2006, 02:40 PM
-Digital Camera (got it early so I could take pics)
-GPS
-Christmas Eve sex
:five:

tanya
12-25-2006, 03:44 PM
-Digital Camera (got it early so I could take pics)
-GPS
-Christmas Eve sex
:five:

My kind of gifts :2thumbs:

accadacca
12-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh hell! DON'T BUY LEGO'S!!! :lol8: Man these thing have a million pieces and the instructions aren't that great. My wife and I have been trying to put this big city together all day. I started the day off with transformers and they aren't that bad.
Sitting here eating crab cakes, drinking cherry coke, lego's everywhere and watching the Cowboys. What a holiday!! :popcorn:

tanya
12-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh hell! DON'T BUY LEGO'S!!! :lol8: Man these thing have a million pieces and the instructions aren't that great. My wife and I have been trying to put this big city together all day. I started the day off with transformers and they aren't that bad.
Sitting here eating crab cakes, drinking cherry coke, lego's everywhere and watching the Cowboys. What a holiday!! :popcorn:

Oh the role of the daddy.... :lol8: In a few years you will learn to only buy stuff that is assembled already

DiscGo
12-25-2006, 05:39 PM
-GPS

What model GPS did you get? I am a huge GPS enthusiast.

chickenlicken
12-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Wifey got me an Ipod so I can keep up with the kids. Now my oldest is teaching me how to put my tunes on it. I also got a the civil war game on ps2. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

asdf
12-25-2006, 05:52 PM
look what I gave my self for christmas! I fell on some ice in the driveway... had to crawl back into the house.

12 and then 36 hours later.

I hope I am not already done boarding for the season :frustrated: But its not looking good. :cripple:

tanya
12-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Wifey got me an Ipod so I can keep up with the kids. Now my oldest is teaching me how to put my tunes on it. I also got a the civil war game on ps2. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

That avatar is so hard on the eyes :lol8: -- Ipods are fun. I would love to have one for the gym. Have you played ps2 before? Is it fun?

tanya
12-25-2006, 06:14 PM
look what I gave my self for christmas! I fell on some ice in the driveway... had to crawl back into the house.

I hope I am not already done boarding for the season :frustrated: But its not looking good. :cripple:

You know the drill.
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

It does look bad :ne_nau:

asdf
12-25-2006, 06:25 PM

You know the drill.
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

I got an Xbox 360 from the wife. So atleast I have something to do while i elevate and ice.

tanya
12-25-2006, 06:33 PM

You know the drill.
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

I got an Xbox 360 from the wife. So atleast I have something to do while i elevate and ice.

Look out! 'Beech and the gang will be knocking at your door. :cool2:

accadacca
12-25-2006, 06:52 PM
That sucks Summit. My wife slipped on the ice delivering neighbor gifts the other day. Then last night she slipped on the stairs. Hope you recover quickly. :2thumbs:

DickHead
12-25-2006, 07:42 PM
-GPS

What model GPS did you get? I am a huge GPS enthusiast.

Garmin Etrex Vista CX
http://www.garmin.com/products/etrexVistacx/
http://www.garmin.com/products/etrexVistacx/gallery/pt-etrexVistacxRF-LG.jpg
My only real disappointment so far is that it only comes with basic mapping.....which means you have to buy the mapping for it at $120ish a pop. I ordered the handlebar bracket
:ride:
windshield suction cup, and the mapsource today.

shaggy125
12-25-2006, 07:53 PM
That sucks Summit. My wife slipped on the ice delivering neighbor gifts the other day. Then last night she slipped on the stairs. Hope you recover quickly. :2thumbs:

It could be worse, a nurse I used to work with slipped on some ice in a parking lot and hit her head on the pavement. Spent a few weeks in the ICU on life support. She had a serious head injury but after a LONG time she finally recovered and is pretty much normal except for losing her sense of smell/taste. You'd never think something that serious would happen from slipping in a parking lot but you never know.

Eric.

LJ
12-25-2006, 09:22 PM
I got the second season of The Office DVDs (US edition) from my best friend and the boyfriend set me up with a sweet set of new skis. We didn't do anything in the family this year since we all splurge on a trip to Disney World over Thanksgiving. It was a great day all around and I officially stop eating again tomorrow. I hope all of you had a great day also!

L

DiscGo
12-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Garmin Etrex Vista CX

That is a great GPS. My friend and I bought Rino 530s a year ago (he was replacing the etrex). I really like my Rino (which is the only GPS I own) but my friend still uses his etrex all the time because he loves the size.

I also had to buy the maps. It does suck they are so expensive but it is awesome having them. I am in Ohio right now, and I love having local knowledge of streets in my hands.

You should be sure to download easygps if you haven't already. It's great for managing waypoints, and it's free.

DickHead
12-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Garmin Etrex Vista CX

That is a great GPS. My friend and I bought Rino 530s a year ago (he was replacing the etrex). I really like my Rino (which is the only GPS I own) but my friend still uses his etrex all the time because he loves the size.

I also had to buy the maps. It does suck they are so expensive but it is awesome having them. I am in Ohio right now, and I love having local knowledge of streets in my hands.

You should be sure to download easygps if you haven't already. It's great for managing waypoints, and it's free.

The etrex came with a waypoint manager.
I also picked up the handlebar bracket for it :nod: I'm lookin' forward to tryin that out.

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 08:05 AM
The hot young stripper wife gave me a 50" HD Plasma TV

http://www.dtvexpress.com/graphics/tvs/panasonic_px60u.jpg

She got a new entertainment center..... err.... I mean bedroom set (her choice).

The kids got piles of crap that will probably be broken by tomorrow.

:rockon:

icthys
12-26-2006, 09:18 AM
The hot young stripper wife gave me a 50" HD Plasma TV

http://www.dtvexpress.com/graphics/tvs/panasonic_px60u.jpg

She got a new entertainment center..... err.... I mean bedroom set (her choice).

The kids got piles of crap that will probably be broken by tomorrow.

:rockon:

I coulda got you a deal. What did you end up with?

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Panasonic

Here is the one I got:

My new TV (http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=96292&catGroupId=24973&modelNo=TH-50PX60U&surfModel=TH-50PX60U&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702)

I'm really happy with the deal I got..... the only thing I don't like is the Stand I bought to go with it. I might send the stand back and do something different. All the new stands are open in the back and I hate that, you can see all the wires behind the set, even after you do a nice job of hiding the wires and stuff it still looks like crap.

icthys
12-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Nice work, you're going to love it. I'm happy to see you DIDN'T get a 1080p TV, waste of money.

When is the HD-DVD player coming in?

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I did buy a new Panasonic DVD with the HDMI up-convert..... The picture is fantastic....

As for a Blue Ray/HD_DVD I figure I'll let the price settle a little more and see who wins the battle before jumping into that pond.

asdf
12-26-2006, 10:42 AM
I did buy a new Panasonic DVD with the HDMI up-convert..... The picture is fantastic....

As for a Blue Ray/HD_DVD I figure I'll let the price settle a little more and see who wins the battle before jumping into that pond.

so what one is going to make me buy everything over again, blue ray or HD?

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 10:53 AM

That's the big question.... best I can tell we are again watching the Betamax vs VHS, MAC vs PC battle all over again. I'm planning to see who wins the war before dropping any serious coin.

:popcorn:

icthys
12-26-2006, 11:12 AM

I can tell you what I think, and I'm in the home theater business, so take it as that.

I think HD-DVD will win for two reasons. First, price. HD-DVD players can be had for $500 cheaper. Second, name. I think comsumers are more likely to feel comfortable buying and knowing what a HD-DVD player is than a BluRay player.

If you take Ice's approach you may be waiting for a LONG time, this "war" has just begun and it'll go on for quite awhile.

I for one will buy HD-DVD because Sony just plain sucks.

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 11:23 AM
If you buy one of the new DVD players that "up-convert" the picture is beyond fantastic, your old DVD's are still good and they are cheap.... so... I'm in no big hurry.

I'm not in the home theater business but I do watch a lot of TV. :haha:

My opinion is that pretty soon the new players will be able to read all formats and become much cheaper..... this is the same battle we just had with DVD-R/-RW/-RAM/+R/+RW and that was the final out come.

[i][b]High Definition (1080i/720p) Up-Conversion with HDMI

icthys
12-26-2006, 12:34 PM
I didn't want to highjack the thread so here's what I got.

Hiking boots
Petzal Tikka XP Headlamp
Gift cards for Cabelas and Sportsmans
Chris Thile "How to Grow a Woman from the Ground" CD (ice knows all about how to do this).

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Chris Thile

I had no idea who Chris Thile is so I just downloaded one of his songs from some dumbass who has know clue his sever is wide open and listen to it.

Here is the song if you want to hear it

Free Song (http://jeffc.bakadigital.com/december/2002/music/Chris%20Thile%20-%20Sinai%20to%20Canaan,%20Pt.%201.mp3)

DickHead
12-26-2006, 12:49 PM
try this (http://jeffc.bakadigital.com/december/2002/music/Chris%20Thile%20-%20Sinai%20to%20Canaan,%20Pt. 1.mp3 )

icthys
12-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Chris Thile

I had no idea who Chris Thile is so I just downloaded one of his songs from some dumbass who has know clue his sever is wide open and listen to it.

Free Song (http://jeffc.bakadigital.com/december/2002/music/Chris%20Thile%20-%20Sinai%20to%20Canaan,%20Pt.%201.mp3)

Great song, thanks. One of his "tame" songs. This guy is one of the best mandolin players I've ever heard. The album I got is a little more traditional bluegrass.

For those who don't know, Chris Thile was one of the three members of Nickel Creek, a Grammy Award winning bluegrass band. He has since broken up the band and is going solo.

If you find anymore please send my way.

tanya
12-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Did any men get anything that is not out of the electronics, sporting goods or auto dept.? :mrgreen:

DickHead
12-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Did any men get anything that is not out of the electronics, sporting goods or auto dept.? :mrgreen:

Yea, Christmas eve sex
:bootyshake:

Sombeech
12-26-2006, 03:05 PM
I got some AC/DC pajamas. :lol8:

Are they black, AC/DC lettering all over, and say Back In Black on the side? I got those last christmas.

tanya
12-26-2006, 03:17 PM

Yea, Christmas eve sex

:oops:

tanya
12-26-2006, 03:19 PM

Are they black, AC/DC lettering all over, and say Back In Black on the side? I got those last christmas.

I should have added....anything that is to be used outside of the bedroom. :lol8:

DickHead
12-26-2006, 03:29 PM

I should have added....anything that is to be used outside of the bedroom. :lol8:

I dunno, I work in my PJ's now.

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Yea, Christmas eve sex

:lol8: Hey... sounds like we got the same thing for Christmas....

:2thumbs:

savanna3313
12-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I actually got really good "stuff" all round this year. Not one thing that I have to look at and think "what do I do with this"? :haha:

tanya
12-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I actually got really good "stuff" all round this year. Not one thing that I have to look at and think "what do I do with this"? :haha:

We want to know what stuff you got...... Spill the Beans!!! :popcorn:

tanya
12-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Yea, Christmas eve sex

Do your kids have bedtimes or something..... or are you Supermen!!!!! We were up half the night waiting for them to sleep to help out Santa. SEX was actually the last thing on my mind that night. :dizzy:

http://www.plaidepalette.com/gif/galsanta.jpg

asdf
12-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Chris Thile

Great song, thanks. One of his "tame" songs. This guy is one of the best mandolin players I've ever heard. The album I got is a little more traditional bluegrass.

For those who don't know, Chris Thile was one of the three members of Nickel Creek, a Grammy Award winning bluegrass band. He has since broken up the band and is going solo.

If you find anymore please send my way.

I love bluegrass and I have two nickle creek albums. I had no idea that chris thile was doing his own thing. I found torrents for two albums downloading both of them now.

DickHead
12-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Yea, Christmas eve sex

Do your kids have bedtimes or something..... or are you Supermen!!!!! We were up half the night waiting for them to sleep to help out Santa. SEX was actually the last thing on my mind that night. :dizzy:

Mine are young still.

tanya
12-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Yea, Christmas eve sex

Mine are young still.

Take advantage of that! It does not last long. :lol8:

Iceaxe
12-27-2006, 07:28 AM
I actually got really good "stuff" all round this year. Not one thing that I have to look at and think "what do I do with this"?

Obviously you didn't get a husband for Christmas :lol8:

Iceaxe
12-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Do your kids have bedtimes or something..... or are you Supermen!!!!! We were up half the night waiting for them to sleep to help out Santa. SEX was actually the last thing on my mind that night.

We had to do something while waiting for the kids to fall asleep :getiton:

Mommy and Daddy's room has a BIG lock on the door. :2thumbs:

tanya
12-27-2006, 07:39 AM
I actually got really good "stuff" all round this year. Not one thing that I have to look at and think "what do I do with this"?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

tanya
12-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Do your kids have bedtimes or something..... or are you Supermen!!!!! We were up half the night waiting for them to sleep to help out Santa. SEX was actually the last thing on my mind that night.

We had to do something while waiting for the kids to fall asleep :getiton:

Mommy and Daddy's room has a BIG lock on the door. :2thumbs:

We need a bigger lock. The kids learned long ago how to pick the one that comes with the door knob. :ne_nau:

savanna3313
12-27-2006, 08:21 AM

:lol8: :2thumbs: Good one. You are in a fiesty mood today from the looks of some of your responses. :bootyshake:

Believe it or not, I actually know what to do with a husband since I used to have one. It's been so long ago though, that it probably doesn't count anymore. I also live in a dream world.......I believe I will find another one sometime. Hopefully the right one this time. :nod: I am starting auditions again. :lol8:

savanna3313
12-27-2006, 08:24 AM
We need a bigger lock. The kids learned long ago how to pick the one that comes with the door knob. :ne_nau:

Make sure you get a big lock that works! :2thumbs: It's rather embarrassing when you walk in on your parents during an intimate moment. It's never happened to me. Unfortunately, I had the trauma of walking in on my GRANDPARENTS once. I am lucky that I am not blind.
:haha:

greyhair biker
12-27-2006, 09:29 AM

Make sure you get a big lock that works! :2thumbs: It's rather embarrassing when you walk in on your parents during an intimate moment. It's never happened to me. Unfortunately, I had the trauma of walking in on my GRANDPARENTS once. I am lucky that I am not blind.
:haha:
you are lucky you didnt spontaneously combust on the spot! --I would have hoped for such a merciful death :lol8: LOCK everything unless you want to do some 'esplaining' later....had a sis-in-law walk in on us years ago...and didnt find out about it until she told me about it years later :eek2: ...I dont even want to go there!

desertrat222
12-27-2006, 07:28 PM
better late then never I picked up these two SWEET KTM's for my two boys and this sandrail LOL

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/desertrat222/Others/ktmssandrail.jpg

desertrat222
12-27-2006, 07:37 PM
OK i bought this for my Wife.....
2002 36' fifth wheel toy hauler :blahblah:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/desertrat222/Others/tahoeside.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/desertrat222/Others/Tahorear.jpg

tanya
12-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Is that one of those presents that is for you or for her. :mrgreen:

desertrat222
12-27-2006, 09:23 PM
My wifey needed a little more comfort in order to do all the camping i like to do :ne_nau: Although it's going to be nice, especially on the colder, hotter, wetter days :2thumbs: OK well just say it was easy getting her blessing on the deal LOL :mrgreen:

accadacca
12-27-2006, 09:51 PM
:roflol: Yup its for his "wife."

tanya
12-28-2006, 06:12 AM
My wifey needed a little more comfort in order to do all the camping i like to do :ne_nau: Although it's going to be nice, especially on the colder, hotter, wetter days :2thumbs: OK well just say it was easy getting her blessing on the deal LOL :mrgreen:

:lol8:

crazy horse
12-28-2006, 09:58 AM
I got a new car! 1990 Range Rover, I'm excited to get out there and do a little off-roading with the buddies.
I also got a new gun, its a Taurus Tracker .357mag/.38 revolver, i'm planning on carrying it for backpacking trips and such.

tanya
12-28-2006, 10:03 AM
I got a new car! 1990 Range Rover, I'm excited to get out there and do a little off-roading with the buddies.
I also got a new gun, its a Taurus Tracker .357mag/.38 revolver, i'm planning on carrying it for backpacking trips and such.

I LOVE my 1998 Land Rover.. they look so cool. Like a Classic!!!!! Have a photo?

Here is mine

http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/album2/images/peek-a-boo-a_jpg.jpg

Brewhaha
01-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Got a trip to Mexico and a new camera. We just got back last night so I will post some pictures later today.

tanya
01-01-2007, 10:40 AM
That sounds like the best trip so far! KUDOS!

crazy horse
01-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I LOVE my 1998 Land Rover.. they look so cool. Like a Classic!!!!! Have a photo?

Not yet, technically i don't have the car yet cause its getting some new tires put on, but i'll put a pic up as soon as i get it.