PDA

View Full Version : New to me BRP

double moo
12-21-2006, 07:35 PM
After a month of trying to find the right bike... for the right deal... and a couple of weeks working out a deal with the seller.... and a week waiting to get the bike from Phoenix to SLC... I finally got my new (to me) bike!

double moo
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
so the photo bit failed...

we'll just try it again...

double moo
12-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Unload it... put on some gear... and go for a test drive??? Temperature guage in my truck says it's 18 degrees. Wife tells me I shouldn't go out with it that cold... she doesn't understand that it's a new bike... just hafta do it...

Weather.com syas it's 14 degrees - felt colder than that....

nelsonccc
12-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Awesome. You'll love the hitch hauler. I've got the same one in the picture and I love it. Congratulations on the new ride.

accadacca
12-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Yup congrats!!! That does look like a nice hitch hauler. :nod: How was the ride and what did you think of the bike?

double moo
12-22-2006, 12:07 PM
I would like to say that it was a great ride... and that the bike was great... but in realtiy it was too damn cold to tell... eyes trying to freeze shut - chin going numb - etc...

BrainDamage
12-22-2006, 12:46 PM
So is it a 650 I asume it is? congrats on the new toy.

double moo
12-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes it be the XR650L... with some mods done by the previous owner. As soon as we get a warm day Accadacca and the Old man will have to hit it again with me!

accadacca
12-22-2006, 06:01 PM
As soon as we get a warm day Accadacca and the Old man will have to hit it again with me!
You'd better believe it. Hell though, its not looking good. I am waiting for the side streets to melt, so I can get the beemer out again. :frustrated:

So whats a list of the mods that your new ride has? And what others do you have in mind so far?

double moo
12-22-2006, 08:12 PM
The bike has Pirelli MT21 DOT knobby tires, HD tubes, Folding dual sport mirrors from Baja Designs, Clarke 4.7 gal tank, Protaper tall S/E bars, Tusk bar risers, Dave CL carb mods per 4strokes.com (fatter jetting to cire stock lean jet), reusable foam air filter, Four Strokes Only Low profile tail light (replaces giant brakelight/fender assembly), 14t front sprocket for dirt riding.

At this point I don't know what else I might want to do. Maybe a different exhaust? Add an oil cooler for summer riding? D606 tires? Theres a lot that can be done - I'd like to get a feel for it and see what deficiencies are easily correctable first... then maybe that 10.5:1 piston and rebore to make the 50hp monster!!

Joe Gardner
12-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Thats a cool scoot! What are you plans for it?

I love the 650L's, amazing bike, and just the right size / weight. :D

double moo
12-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Since I have the GS for just about everything else... I plan to focus this on more on the dirt. I still want to be able to road it to where we are going to ride so I went with the L.

I'd like to do a re-run of our '04 Pony Express Trail ride... then who knows?

accadacca
12-23-2006, 09:21 AM
I'd like to do a re-run of our '04 Pony Express Trail ride... then who knows?
Yeah that was pretty lame. I still think I have mild hypothermia from that trip. Ahhh the memories. I bet you haven't forgot that fish tail number you did in the mud with yer GS. Man did those roads get snotty.

I am definitely game to try it again and do a huge loop around the great salt lake on our way back. :rockon:

double moo
12-23-2006, 09:35 AM
The map program has this loop at about 580 miles. By the time we do a bit of exploring I'm sure we'll be over 600. Spending the night in Wendover seems to be a good idea! Nice if we could get one of the wives to meet us around Corrine with a trailer to lessen the slab trip home.

The fish tail... as I recall... resulted in burying the right jug in tyhe mud!