PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy reports $43M Profit from 'unused' Gift Cards

accadacca
12-18-2006, 07:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061218/ap_on_bi_ge/gift_cards

Sombeech
12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
That just shows the GREAT LENGTHS some people will go, just to NOT buy anything there. :lol8:

asdf
12-19-2006, 04:42 AM
DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY!
That place will sell you a warranty and not stand behind it. It is an absolute joke.

moabfool
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I hate gift cards. If somebody doesn't know what to get me they don't know me well enough to be buying my gifts. I don't care if you're my mom. If you don't know what to get me don't get me anything. I promise I won't be angry. Disappointed perhaps, but not angry. And don't get me a gift card. I won't remember to use it. I'll be at the cash register paying with my debit card and think "Oh crap. I have a stupid crapy gift card sitting at home that I could've used."

Shan
12-19-2006, 11:30 AM
I only do gift cards for my immediate family. Actually everyone agreed to skip Christmas this year so that's a relief...

Why I do gift cards?

1) Because I HATE shopping, period
2) I don't have a clue what my family likes or their clothing sizes
3) I'm not about to fly 1500 miles with packages for 5 people in my suitcase.
4) They would probably be going to the store anyway to exchange/return what I would have gotten them, it's all the same number of trips to the store actually.

No siree, I fly with one carry-on ONLY. I don't care if I'm staying 2 weeks or 2 days.

greyhair biker
12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
...could be worse...could have gotten a $50 gift card from Golden Corral...from your mom...like I did again this year...like I have for the last three years. NOTE TO SELF: if you dont like Golden Corral, have the cahones to tell someone :nono:

HEADHUNTER
12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
...could be worse...could have gotten a $50 gift card from Golden Corral...from your mom...like I did again this year...like I have for the last three years. NOTE TO SELF: if you dont like Golden Corral, have the cahones to tell someone :nono:

I guess the next UUTAH meeting won't be held at the great GC

moabfool
12-19-2006, 01:53 PM

:roflol: Somebody wants their son to take them to Golden Corral. I get your point though. Who wants to eat at a restaurant that's named for a place where horses pooh.

Last year I got a ton load of Home Depot gift cards. I eventually used the cards (for a change from my usual routine) but I was out of tool buying mode and into toy buying mode by Christmas. An REI gift card would've been much better at that point. I had to keep the cards in my car so that I would use them. I still had to go back to my car to get them. Pain in the butt.

Shan
12-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Golden Corral GC! LOL! :roflol:

greyhair biker
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
...not if you want me to go it wont :lol8:

donny h
12-19-2006, 03:32 PM
DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY!
That place will sell you a warranty and not stand behind it. It is an absolute joke.

I couldn't agree more, they have the worst customer service/policies/warranties in the consumer electronics industry, yet they stay in business, it amazes me that folks still shop there.

Best Buy gets ZERO of my dollars.

greyhair biker
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
...golden corral is out if anyone wants me to go :lol8:

Sombeech
12-19-2006, 08:59 PM

Golden Corral it is, then. :haha:

greyhair biker
12-20-2006, 05:54 AM

Golden Corral it is, then. :haha:

Hahaha - yu velly funny fellow, yu maka me raf -heehee :mrgreen:

asdf
12-20-2006, 05:57 AM
whats wrong with the GC, I have been to the one in orem a few times and its not bad at all.

I say the next lunch is at McDonalds.