PDA

View Full Version : It's a Christmas Tradition

tanya
12-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Have one? Would like to make something a tradition?

derstuka
12-09-2006, 07:19 AM

Just this :friday: , but I would like it to be :ride: instead. Thanksgiving we usually to an epic mtn bike ride. :2thumbs: What is yours?

greyhair biker
12-09-2006, 09:51 AM
One of the things we do is make Marzipan and stained glass candy. When the candy is made the whole house smells like christmas.

DiscGo
12-09-2006, 10:27 AM
My family makes graham cracker houses every year. They are like ginger bread houses but trashier. We love it!

Iceaxe
12-09-2006, 10:56 AM
My ol' lady gets boozed up and chases me nakid around the Christmas tree... great tradition.... :nod:

chickenlicken
12-09-2006, 01:30 PM
oo... bad visual.. do the pine needles irritate?

tanya
12-09-2006, 03:54 PM
My ol' lady gets boozed up and chases me nakid around the Christmas tree... great tradition.... :nod:

:lol8: Poor Shane... always getting chased :eek2:

tanya
12-09-2006, 03:54 PM
oo... bad visual.. do the pine needles irritate?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

tanya
12-09-2006, 04:01 PM

Just this :friday: , but I would like it to be :ride: instead. Thanksgiving we usually to an epic mtn bike ride. :2thumbs: What is yours?

We use to get together with my Grandma, but after she died we started to work for our employees so they can have the day off. :nod: If we close lots of people are stranded without gas and stuff. :blahblah: Then last year we went to St. George ---- stayed in a motel. The satellite was full of snow or something and there was no TV. :cool2: Just about everything was closed and we could not even find dinner. :popcorn: Then on the way home our old van had troubles and the defroster would not work. So in a major snow storm --- with no defrosters it was an epic trip. We went through Kanab instead of Zion, but still we could not see a thing through all the snow and stuff. It was SCAREY :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I was hoping for some ideas for a new tradition. :lol8:

derstuka
12-09-2006, 04:01 PM

tanya
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM

Give me some!!!!! I think it would be cool to start some.

derstuka
12-09-2006, 04:04 PM

Get an aluminum pole and have a happy....

greyhair biker
12-09-2006, 04:22 PM
We used to haul all our presents & crap down to SLC for the week tojump back and forth from relative to relative. Now that the boys are too big for that we end up staying home more & we dont have to haul presents around in thw snow. Now we just go pickup the oldest from college and everyone is home. On Christmas eve we have all sorts of coldcuts, cheeses,pies,cakes & goodies...& meyers sparkling soda (no drinky here)
& christmas music & play games & stuff....thats about all th eexcitement we can stand :ne_nau:

erial
12-09-2006, 05:20 PM
gathering of the greens: my father would take us to the woods behind the boarded up one room schoolhouse ( where he once was the smartest boy in second grade). We'd run about like retrievers grabbing/cutting branches of spruce, laurel and holly to bring to mom who in turn would sauce them up with a little artificial snow before decorating the mantle, the credenza, the stereo console, etc with them. What amazes me now when I look at the ol' home movies, is how there was always snow on the ground.

The one room schoolhouse still stands, but the woods made way long ago for another suburban develoment.

tanya
12-09-2006, 05:26 PM
gathering of the greens: my father would take us to the woods behind the boarded up one room schoolhouse ( where he once was the smartest boy in second grade). We'd run about like retrievers grabbing/cutting branches of spruce, laurel and holly to bring to mom who in turn would sauce them up with a little artificial snow before decorating the mantle, the credenza, the stereo console, etc with them. What amazes me now when I look at the ol' home movies, is how there was always snow on the ground.

The one room schoolhouse still stands, but the woods made way long ago for another suburban develoment.

Hi Jeff :popcorn: I really like this one --- different.. thoughtful.. really nice!

tanya
12-09-2006, 05:29 PM
We used to haul all our presents & crap down to SLC for the week tojump back and forth from relative to relative. Now that the boys are too big for that we end up staying home more & we dont have to haul presents around in thw snow. Now we just go pickup the oldest from college and everyone is home. On Christmas eve we have all sorts of coldcuts, cheeses,pies,cakes & goodies...& meyers sparkling soda (no drinky here)
& christmas music & play games & stuff....thats about all th eexcitement we can stand :ne_nau:

Can't be too far from your house to SLC if you are running down there to have lunch with the crew. So just staying home with the family is better than going out on Christmas?

tanya
12-09-2006, 05:29 PM

Get an aluminum pole and have a happy....

:cool2:

greyhair biker
12-10-2006, 10:09 AM

Can't be too far from your house to SLC if you are running down there to have lunch with the crew. So just staying home with the family is better than going out on Christmas?
..2 hours 40 min tops one way, and thats with a pee break in Evanston! Driving to the big city is nothing for me...a day trip :haha: