PDA

View Full Version : DEC 7th 1941 -Pearl Harbor Day

greyhair biker
12-07-2006, 05:57 AM
I know ya gotta be an old fart to remember this day but I was just wondering who had actually taken the opportunity to go to Pearl Harbor & check out the memorial. I have been there three times and each time it is a humbling experience. I was fortunate enough to meet a few survivors of the attack while I was visiting the memorial and talk with them. I also was present once when some Japanese who were on the other side of the conflict were there to pay their respects...humbling experience - I would recommend it to anyone

tanya
12-07-2006, 06:10 AM
I know ya gotta be an old fart to remember this day but I was just wondering who had actually taken the opportunity to go to Pearl Harbor & check out the memorial. I have been there three times and each time it is a humbling experience. I was fortunate enough to meet a few survivors of the attack while I was visiting the memorial and talk with them. I also was present once when some Japanese who were on the other side of the conflict were there to pay their respects...humbling experience - I would recommend it to anyone

I was there in 1992 :five:

rockgremlin
12-07-2006, 06:17 AM
I remember...and I'm not an old fart. I've been to Pearl Harbor. I went with my family back in 1986. Every year I watch the Band of Brothers series, and it kicks off with episode 1 tonight. :2thumbs:

World wars shouldn't be forgotten or shoved under the rug. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Joe Gardner
12-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I have been there a dozen or so times, but only as a kid when I lived in Hawaii. I'd love to go back now that I understand what happend there.

Sombeech
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reminder. i almost forgot.