PDA

View Full Version : intro to tech canyoneering (by eric godfrey)

stefan
12-05-2006, 08:28 AM
eric godfrey (uutah member shaggy125) posted this piece last week, as an introduction to technical canyoneering on the backcountry blogspot. it even presents a nice video montage from a few of his videos.

enjoy :2thumbs:

http://backcountryblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/introduction-to-technical-canyoneering.html

Iceaxe
12-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey.... I recognize that video.... Eric was kind enough to put it together for me when I was talking to a couple of youth groups earlier this year. The video was always one of the highlights of the presentation.

:2thumbs:

I thought the Into to Canyoneering article was well done and nicely thought out..... Nice job Eric...

:five:

tanya
12-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey.... I recognize that video.... Eric was kind enough to put it together for me when I was talking to a couple of youth groups earlier this year. The video was always one of the highlights of the presentation.

:2thumbs:

I thought the Into to Canyoneering article was well done and nicely thought out..... Nice job Eric...

:five:

Great stuff Shaggy! :2thumbs:

jumar
12-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Nice work! Where's that ankle breaker canyon??

bruce from bryce
12-08-2006, 04:15 PM
You talkin about Egypt 3?

stefan
12-08-2006, 04:21 PM
You talkin about Egypt 3?

:roflol:

shaggy125
12-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Nice work! Where's that ankle breaker canyon??

That is my one claim to fame (I scouted and descended with some friends afterward). If you are willing to trade canyon beta I'll tell you where it is. Actually I was thinking of posting a TR and description this summer after the snow has melted and I get a chance to descend it at least one more time. I will say this, it's a shallow slot (maybe 50 feet or so deep) with some fun downclimbs, one mandatory rappel, one optional rappel (last person has to slide down the waterfall, or you'll have to build an anchor). After the "slot" section there are two or three optional rappels and multiple optional slides (all easily bypassed). Lots of fun on a hot day and only a short drive from SLC. My biggest concern with posting it broadband is that it's in the SLC watershed and I am guessing it would be frowned upon, if not illegal, to be splashing around in the water up there. The last thing I want is for it to get popular, then shut down.

Eric.

P.S. Sorry for taking so long to reply, I don't have the time I used to, to hang out on these forums.