goofball
12-02-2006, 08:34 PM
anybody wanna snowshoe somewhere ?

Joe Gardner
12-02-2006, 08:56 PM
What do ya have in mind?

live2ride
12-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Im in, I a noob to it but would love to go. Let me know and PM me for my info.

goofball
12-02-2006, 09:52 PM
i was thinking the uintas. maybe around wall lake or from bald mountain th. it took me an hour plus i think to reach bald mountain th from 4500 s and state. i am fine w/ the wasatch as well. plan on heading out as soon as i drop jr. off for school around 8. sound fun ? suggestions ? we could carpool if going to the uinats, i don't mind driving. although some have said i drive like a granny...

Joe Gardner
12-04-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm out for the today, sorry.

Went to the upper throws of millcreek in search of powder and good views last night, I'm wasted and think i'll go back to bed now. :D

goofball
12-04-2006, 05:07 PM
glad i looked on teh web for current conditions in the uintas before going. mirror lake hi-way is closed at soapstone ! evidently it gets closed every year and is groomed for snowmobiles. so if i'd wanted to snbowshoe i'd had to snowmobile up.

went up broads fork in the wasatch instead. plenty of snow higher, snowshoes not really needed until after the bridge, but snow covering the ground from th up. a few more inches and you wouldn't hit rock anywhere. i really like broads fork, i think it is my favorite wasatch hike so far. very elegant and understated in its beauty, but majestic none the less.