PDA

View Full Version : So... how is it?

asdf
12-01-2006, 05:08 AM
I have yet to go out and ride at all. This is the first year in a long time that work has interfered with snowboarding for me.
After blowing out an edge on a rock at the bird a few preseasons back I tend to stay away untill we get a good base.
I know a few of you have gone so when, where and how was it?

shagster
12-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Hit Powder Mt. last night for a couple of hours. The snow was good, light and fluffy just how I like it. They didn't have any rails or anything up yet, they said by Saturday there would be some. I didn't see any rocks, but there are still some weeds coming through in a couple of spots. Can't wait for more snow!!!

Sombeech
12-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Hit Powder Mt. last night for a couple of hours.

You jerk. Did you board or ski?

Ross
12-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I've been to Alta 3 times so far all before this latest storm, they definitely needed the new snow. I scraped more frequently than I would have liked. Heading up there again tomorrow, should be sweet. Just need one more good storm and scraping will be over.

shaggy125
12-03-2006, 03:29 PM
I've been up to Brighton and Park City. PC was pretty pathetic before this last storm, they only had two runs open, yesterday it was actually pretty fun. Stick to the groomed runs and your good, leave them and you may break your board. Brighton has quite a bit more snow, but still a lot of hidden rocks off the groomed runs. Brighton has stepped up their park quite a bit so if you are into park riding, it's actually getting pretty good. Park City's park is still just 7 - 10 boxes, fun but nothing special yet... and REALLY crowded!

Eric.

shagster
12-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Hit Powder Mt. last night for a couple of hours.

You jerk. Did you board or ski?

I thought skiing was for sissy girls? I boarded of course. Next time I will get some picts. I should be going often since I got a season pass... :lol8:

stefan
12-04-2006, 10:06 AM
I thought skiing was for sissy girls? I boarded of course. Next time I will get some picts. I should be going often since I got a season pass... :lol8:

you know the line ...

"if it were easy, they'd call it snowboarding ..." :haha:

Sombeech
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I should be going often since I got a season pass... :lol8:

Cool, we'll have to hit it.

asdf
12-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I went to Solitude today for my first day of the season. Hard packed and VERY fast.