PDA

View Full Version : Getting Close to the End

icthys
11-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Two things.

1. I'm not sure on this but if I were you I'd set your teams before tomorrows games. There is a chance you will not be able to make changes after the games on Thursday and before Sunday.

2. The season is winding down. It's clear there are some players who will not make the playoffs. I'm sorry your team sucked. Even though you will not be in the playoffs I encourage you to continue playing until the end of the season. It may not matter to you if decide to stop playing but it does have an affect to those who are playing for a playoff spot. Please don't screw up the outcome of the playoffs just because your team sucks. Pull up your panties and continue to play.

Thanks and happy stuffing your face tomorrow.

Iceaxe
11-22-2006, 05:03 PM
I might not make it to the big dance.... but.... I still have games left with Royd and the injuns..... and I intend to knock at least one of them out of the playoffs. :haha:

:popcorn:

accadacca
11-22-2006, 06:04 PM
I might not make it to the big dance.... but.... I still have games left with Royd and the injuns..... and I intend to knock at least one of them out of the playoffs. :haha:

Your going down this week old man...your team blows! :lol8:

Iceaxe
11-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Your going down this week old man...your team blows! :lol8:

I've heard little ducks fart underwater before :haha:

Bring it on!!!!

Iceaxe
11-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Yes Sir..... it was just a duck fart :lol8:

accadacca
11-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Getting Close to the End
Not soon enough...this season BLOWS!!!! :frustrated:

shanehadman
11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Getting Close to the End

This league blows :frustrated:

rockgremlin
11-30-2006, 07:33 AM

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch..... :roll:

icthys
11-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Getting Close to the End

Let me try to guess why the league blows.

1. Your QB is Jake Plummer (BTW, I believe Plummer is getting benched this week and your backup isn't playing anymore so I suggest you find a new QB).
2. Last week you played non-existant S. Moss in place of C. Henry against Cleveland.
3. Last week you played T. Jones against NE in NE instead of C. Taylor against Arizona.
4. You gave me Ocho Cinco for D. Driver
5. Or is it because you're in LAST place?

Sounds like someone needs to learn how to play fantasy football before he bitches about a league.

Good luck against the #1 team this week, I could really use your win.

shanehadman
11-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Sounds like someone has way too much time on their hands to look up every DAMN stat my players have.......The set-up of this league SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!

But good luck with that win you could really use

rockgremlin
11-30-2006, 10:22 AM
If you don't like how things are run, you could be pro-active, and make suggestions for improvement, like I and others have done.

Or you could just be a pain in the ass and bitch and moan and launch insults at the league and it's commish.

Good choice dude... :roll:

BTW, I'm guessing you wouldn't think this league sucked at all if by dumb luck you were the league leader....eh?

shanehadman
11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
I said the league sucked ass ever since the DAMN thing started....that's right since week 1 :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Picking Alex Smith as your starting QB ain't going to help things :lol8:

nelsonccc
11-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Fantasy football is about the waivers. My first two draft picks were Lamont Jordan & Edgerinn James, both suck balls. In all three of my leagues the teams in the bottom of the league have the fewest moves, though my logic is semi flawed since purple has made zero moves and is two places ahead of P diddy. Generally winning is about team management and less about who you drafted.

shanehadman
12-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Fantasy football is about the waivers. My first two draft picks were Lamont Jordan & Edgerinn James, both suck balls. In all three of my leagues the teams in the bottom of the league have the fewest moves, though my logic is semi flawed since purple has made zero moves and is two places ahead of P diddy. Generally winning is about team management and less about who you drafted.

THANKS FOR THE MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

shanehadman
12-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Picking Alex Smith as your starting QB ain't going to help things :lol8:

Lets be honest here....Does it really matter at this point?? Didn't think so, but thanks for the reply :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

rockgremlin
12-01-2006, 07:51 AM

I agree 100%!!! I picked up half of the best players on my team from waivers. I was drafted two jackasses that were injured, so I had to scramble to fill those spots right off the bat. Don't ask me why stupid Yahoo was sending out injured players in the first round!! :roll: My 2nd and 3rd running backs were Dominick Davis (who started the season injured), and Chris Brown (who got benched after the first game of the season, and has logged less than 100 yds since!!).

Check out who I've grabbed off waivers this season:

1. Baltimore - Currently the best defense in the league
2. Jeff Wilkins - Currently the second-best kicker in the league
3. MB3 - Currently the 8th best running back in the league, and almost a guaranteed TD every game.
4. Travis Henry - RB that has logged over 100 yards in four games this season, 5 TDs, and is the Titan's lead RB.
5. Kevan Barlow - 300+ yards, and 6 TDs
6. Drew Brees - Leads the NFL in yardage, and is currently the third-best QB in the league.

This isn't directed at you P-Diddy, so don't get upset, just agreeing with what nelson said....

shanehadman
12-01-2006, 07:59 AM
This isn't directed at you P-Diddy, so don't get upset, just agreeing with what nelson said....

Lets be honest here....Does it really matter at this point?? Didn't think so, but thanks for the reply :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Iceaxe
12-01-2006, 12:55 PM
You are going about this all wrong.... just think how much fun it would be to knock someone out of the Money. You can knock off the top dog this week, and even better is you still have games against the strippers and trombones..... if you beat either of those two teams you dash all their hopes of finishing in the money.

Cock blocking anther dude is always a good time :lol8:

:2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Check out who I've grabbed off waivers this season:

You also snagged Winslow, who is the #5 TE

shanehadman
12-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I will explain why this league Blows..

1. You don't have the championship game on WEEK 17 because alot of teams don't play their star players that week if they are already in the playoffs :ne_nau:

2. The point set-up sucks...Your defense scores more than your offensive players

3. Oh and sorry about the loss WASATCH WASPS (got too cocky to early) :nono: :nono: :nono:

rockgremlin
12-05-2006, 08:28 AM
I will explain why this league Blows..

1. You don't have the championship game on WEEK 17 because alot of teams don't play their star players that week if they are already in the playoffs :ne_nau:

2. The point set-up sucks...Your defense scores more than your offensive players

3. Oh and sorry about the loss WASATCH WASPS (got too cocky to early) :nono: :nono: :nono:

Your 1st suggestion: Not a bad idea. We should consider that for next year.

Your 2nd suggestion: We've already discussed this subject ad nauseum...and we've agreed to make some pretty drastic changes next year. Stay tuned...

icthys
12-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I believe I asked for suggestions before we started the season and I don't remember any suggestions from anyone. Next year take your complaining somewhere else.

The loss was ok, I'm still in second place.

icthys
12-05-2006, 10:21 AM
For any bitches whining about the scoring system please refer to this thread http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2928

You had your chance to request a different scoring system.

tanya
12-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Cock blocking anther dude is always a good time :lol8:

:2thumbs:

Can I get a visual of this :popcorn:

rockgremlin
12-05-2006, 11:34 AM
For any bitches whining about the scoring system please refer to this thread http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2928

You had your chance to request a different scoring system.

For the record, its difficult to know exactly what to suggest until we're into the season, and get a flavor of how things are run. I get the impression that next year will be the same way, as these leagues are kind of a work in progress.

I don't think ANY FF league is perfect.

Iceaxe
12-05-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't think it really matters what the rules are.... because they are the same for everyone.... I do think a live draft would be fun if it could be worked out.... but no big deal using an auto draft. I do think we should give 5 points for a 100 yard rushing or recieving game next year and 5 points for a 300 yard passing game.... It would be nice if there was a way to add all purpose yards (kick returns), but I'm happy with whatever...

And I would hate to not play the championship game in week 17, beause that would mean the regular season was shorter. Again... playing in week 17 is the same for everyone so no one has an advantage.

I have watched the wavier wire enough to know that it was possible to build a playoff team form it with good choices. If your team sucks its because you made bad choices...

I've had a mediocore team this year but I have had a lot of fun playing. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-05-2006, 12:10 PM
IMHO.... It's hard to ask for a better or more competitive league when 7 of 10 teams still have a realistic shot at the playoffs with only 2 games left to be played.

:nod:

icthys
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
AMEN

shanehadman
12-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Again... playing in week 17 is the same for everyone so no one has an advantage.

I DISAGREE

rockgremlin
12-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Again... playing in week 17 is the same for everyone so no one has an advantage.

I DISAGREE

:roll: Some folks will be dissatisfied with their situation no matter the reason.

I've had fun this season, lookin forward to next year already!!! :five: