PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Light Hell

accadacca
11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
So whats the dillio. Who else has neighbor's that put up their Christmas decorations a week after Halloween. :lol8: I mean seriously...there are lights all over my neighborhood. Depending on the year, I usually put mine up on the weekend of Thanksgiving, then turn them on December 1st. What do you do and what have you experienced? Who goes all out with the inflatable Santa's and reindeer that light up and move. :roll:

Don't tell me that yer lights are on right now... :haha:
Lets see some pictures of your crib... :popcorn:

tanya
11-21-2006, 06:24 PM
So whats the dillio. Who else has neighbor's that put up their Christmas decorations a week after Halloween. :lol8: I mean seriously...there are lights all over my neighborhood. Depending on the year, I usually put mine up on the weekend of Thanksgiving, then turn them on December 1st. What do you do and what have you experienced? Who goes all out with the inflatable Santa's and reindeer that light up and move. :roll:

Don't tell me that yer lights are on right now... :haha:
Lets see some pictures of your crib... :popcorn:

I like the natural look of Christmas. I love the old fashioned Santa dolls and decoration that does not involve anything with lights, flashing or blow up stuff. I like popcorn on a real tree and ornaments that are handmade. I try and avoid the commercial side when giving presents too. ... But I have not put up anything yet!

chickenlicken
11-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year. I just try to swear when she's not around, but I wonder what the neighbors think when they hear me.

accadacca
11-21-2006, 09:18 PM
I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year. I just try to swear when she's not around, but I wonder what the neighbors think when they hear me.
:roll_lol: :roll_lol: :roll_lol:

tanya
11-21-2006, 09:28 PM

I guess you already attended husband training school. :cool2:

Iceaxe
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm planning on hanging Christmas lights the moment I'm finished ice skating in hell. :lol8:

shlingdawg
11-22-2006, 07:11 AM
People need to get their nose out of Thanksgiving's business!!! Santa has a whole muthafuggin month of his own; DON'T STEAL THIS TURKEY'S THUNDER!!!! :nono: :nono:

I put the lights up on the house earlier this month, but the do NOT get turned on until December!!!! I just don't like putting the damned things up in the snow.

I was born on Thanksgiving................so I quite like the holiday myself. :popcorn:

accadacca
11-22-2006, 08:11 AM
DON'T STEAL THIS TURKEY'S THUNDER!!!! :nono: :nono:
I couldn't agree more Shling. :nod: I will prolly be out putting mine up this morning. But no illumination in November... :fakelaugh:

moabfool
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
There should be a law. Get one holiday over before starting on the next. No "Back To School" 'till August. No Halloween before Oct 1. No Thanksgiving before Halloween. No Christmas before Thanksgiving. No Valentines Day before February 1. Retailers can have a two holiday lead (except for Back to School, which is NOT a holiday) but it's serious pain for any more than that.

What's totally psycho is that two radio stations are already playing 100% Christmas music and have been for weeks. Glad I don't listen to those stations :bueller: .

tanya
11-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I was born on Thanksgiving................so I quite like the holiday myself. :popcorn:

Happy Birthday ShlingDawg :clap:

http://ejt.no-ip.org/photos/Singapore/Day%2007%20-%2003%20Birthday%20cake.jpg

accadacca
11-22-2006, 02:44 PM

Wow that looks good. :2thumbs: Just so you know, my b-day is in March and I like pie. :naughty:
I just finished up my Christmas lights and things went pretty good...everything works. :lol8: I will have to snap a picture on December 1st. :bootyshake:

tanya
11-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Mine is in March too. I like men. :2thumbs:

Give the neighborhood a treat and turn the lights on tonight and send us a photo. :haha:

savanna3313
11-22-2006, 04:00 PM

Hey - mine was last week! I will be happy to have a raincheck for this AFTER the holidays are over and I've gotten over the issue of being sick of anything that even remotely has sugar in it. :haha:

Loved the Martha Stewart Thanksgiving piece. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-22-2006, 08:44 PM
I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year.

Hey licken... it doesn't count if the lights are still up from last year :lol8:

I was just informed I can't put up lights this year. Our mobile home community prohibited them due to an unfortunate incident last year.

:2thumbs:

tanya
11-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey - mine was last week! I will be happy to have a raincheck for this AFTER the holidays are over and I've gotten over the issue of being sick of anything that even remotely has sugar in it. :haha:

Happy Birthday Savanna --- Hopefully this won't make you sick. :haha:

(Its scarey what an innocent word typed into google will come up with! Hunk is an interesting one. :cool2: ) :popcorn:

http://www.portraitsbymartin.com/cotent%20images/hunk%20drawing%20framed.jpg

savanna3313
11-22-2006, 09:21 PM

Happy Birthday Savanna --- Hopefully this won't make you sick. :haha:

(Its scarey what an innocent word typed into google will come up with! Hunk is an interesting one. :cool2: ) :popcorn:

Very nice! :2thumbs: The only problem with that kind of birthday gift is figuring out the best place to tie the bow. :naughty:

:haha:

Uh oh.....break time is over. I hear the whip cracking..........back to the kitchen! :crackit:

greyhair biker
11-22-2006, 10:14 PM
simple savanna...hang it off the neck of the turkey :ne_nau:

greyhair biker
11-22-2006, 10:15 PM
BTW - happy brthday too!

chickenlicken
11-23-2006, 06:02 AM
I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year.

Hey licken... it doesn't count if the lights are still up from last year :lol8:

I was just informed I can't put up lights this year. Our mobile home community prohibited them due to an unfortunate incident last year.

:2thumbs:

Ice, how can you be so lucky? The only year I didn't have to put up lights was the year I procrastinated it until there was "too much snow on the roof". I told my wife I didn't want to break something falling off the roof. Hey, it worked.

Iceaxe
11-23-2006, 09:02 AM
The only year I didn't have to put up lights

:crackit: :crackit: :crackit: :crackit: :crackit: :crackit:

http://67.59.184.41/3/16/comics/316_Pussy-Whipped.gif

:lol8:

http://uutah.com/forum/Photos/RotatingBanner/R/41.jpg

greyhair biker
11-23-2006, 04:14 PM
...hey, I know that woman! I am trying to avoid the light issue, or was...I was reminded after thanksgiving dinner so maybe I'll have to afterall....COME ON SNOW!!! :haha:

tanya
11-23-2006, 04:38 PM
If I ever tried to tell my husband what he was going to do ..... I would get a quick and loud.....

"I will do what I want"

Hmmm... what would I do with a man I could give "honey do's" too. :blahblah:

accadacca
11-23-2006, 08:23 PM
If I ever tried to tell my husband what he was going to do ..... I would get a quick and loud.....

"I will do what I want"

Hmmm... what would I do with a man I could give "honey do's" too. :blahblah:
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Funny story...my wife reminded me tonight of a pleading promise I made. We had just left my parents place after turkey dinner and football. She wanted to stop by her folks place for some homemade pumpkin pie. We decided last year that we would only go to one house in a day on holidays...just too hard in the car with kids crying, etc. Anyhow, before I bought my BMW I told her that I would not complain about going to her folks place...among other things. Wish I could have that one back! :nono: :haha:

But I cant complain...Ive had breakfast in bed the last two days. Breakfast pizza and a breakfast casserole this morning and two motorcycles in the garage. I also have the green light for a desert ride tomorrow. :cool2:

tanya
11-23-2006, 10:18 PM
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Funny story...my wife reminded me tonight of a pleading promise I made. We had just left my parents place after turkey dinner and football. She wanted to stop by her folks place for some homemade pumpkin pie. We decided last year that we would only go to one house in a day on holidays...just too hard in the car with kids crying, etc. Anyhow, before I bought my BMW I told her that I would not complain about going to her folks place...among other things. Wish I could have that one back! :nono: :haha:

But I cant complain...Ive had breakfast in bed the last two days. Breakfast pizza and a breakfast casserole this morning and two motorcycles in the garage. I also have the green light for a desert ride tomorrow. :cool2:

Sounds like you have things handled. :2thumbs:

accadacca
11-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Ok, so I came home from a motorcycle ride and my wife had the lights on. :eek2: :nono: How do I tell her that we have to wait till December 1st? O well... :lol8:

tanya
11-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Awesome!!!!!! Nice house, nice bike, nice lights!!!

shlingdawg
11-24-2006, 07:57 PM

Gee, THANKS Tanya!!!! :five:

I'm actually 30 until Monday, then I get a little bit older. :ne_nau:

Nice looking lights Acca. I'll see if I can snap a shot of me lights as well, in a few days. :bootyshake:

tanya
11-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Gee, THANKS Tanya!!!! :five:

I'm actually 30 until Monday, then I get a little bit older. :ne_nau:

Next time its sugarless for you.... the dentist trip is not my fault. :haha: