RugerShooter
11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
The Delta Center has had a name change it is now
EnergySolutions Arena this will be hard to get use to

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=661171

GO JAZZ

Iceaxe
11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Haslam said several other companies were considered. EnergySolutions was not the first pick, but Haslam declined to say what other companies were contenders.

What a dumbass thing to say...

I bet this guy also told his prom date..... "You were my first pick after I asked all the pretty girls and then all the slutty girls if they wanted to go with me."

:crazycobasa:

greyhair biker
11-20-2006, 06:16 PM
See what happens when you let children run things...what now? change the Salt Palace too?! :nono:

accadacca
11-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Yup, we were mulling this over today at work. Just doesn't have the same ring to it. People referred to the Delta Center as the "DC" and now it will be the ESA? :lol8: We just signed a big sponsorship deal too on the weekend.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20061117&content_id=79019&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

http://www.xango.com/misc/real_salt_lake.html

TreeHugger
11-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Ughhh. That just doesnt sound good. Delta Center has a cool ring to it. Besides, I dont trust that company. Envirocare is still Envirocare, no matter how you package it.

price1869
11-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey acca,

Is Xango an MLM?

accadacca
11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey acca,

Is XanGo an MLM?
Yup.

rockgremlin
11-21-2006, 09:31 AM
It's cause Delta is struggling to keep their heads above water financially.

My bro-in-law has worked for Delta as a mechanic for like 15 years, and he said that this year all of Delta's employees have to purchase tickets to go to the company Christmas party.

:roflol: That's jacked up! :roflol:

DiscGo
11-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Energy Solutions Arena is a stupid name! One thing I love about College sports vs. Pros is the loyalty to the team instead of loyalty to the paycheck.

shanehadman
11-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I always liked the Delta Center and think the name just sounded better....

Iceaxe
11-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Energy Solutions Arena is a stupid name! One thing I love about College sports vs. Pros is the loyalty to the team instead of loyalty to the paycheck.

Rice-Eckles stadium or the Huntsmen Center or the Marriott Center is not about the paycheck???

What color is the sky in your world? :lol8:

Most the NEW college stadiums I can think of have a corporate name or donor attached. That is one of the ways they finance a new stadium.

Personally I could care less what they call the place so long as they pony up the coin to keep the place state of the art.

:cool2:

Scott Card
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
I think it was the D-news this morning that said that the new name rolls off the tongue like a marble in shag carpet. :haha: I thought that was a fair assessment.

Iceaxe
11-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah..... and I miss.....

Candlestick Park
Mile High Stadium
The Salt Palace
The Special Events Center
Three Rivers
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Riverfront Stadium
Shea Stadium
Veterans Stadium
The Murph

Everyone one of these had great history that was sold to the highest bidder...

The only ones dumb enough to turn down a big check was West Valley City. They were offered several million to name the E Center the Coors Arena, but the locals got their panties in a bunch and did not like the idea of having the name of a beer company on the arena.

:nod: