PDA

View Full Version : Holy War - Utes vs. Cougs

accadacca
11-19-2006, 08:49 AM
So whats going to happen then? Is BYU going to totally dominate this year? Boy does it sure seem like they will...but ya never know. The weather is supposed to be good. The Utes sure didn't look very good against Air Force yesterday and the Cougs rolled up New Mexico. All indications are pointing to a butt whooping on the Utes. I am not sure on a score yet, need to think some more. What are your predictions??? :popcorn:

Iceaxe
11-19-2006, 09:42 AM
"Breed em Young" goes down :2thumbs:

Go UTAH!

:utes4:

marc olivares
11-19-2006, 10:22 AM
:utes4:

Iceaxe
11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Bring it on.....

A guy is in a bar with his dog, watching the Utah vs. BYU game. The Cougars surprisingly manage to get a field goal and the dog barks repeatedly. The bartender looks at the dog in awe. After a while the Cougars score a touchdown and the dog does flips and dances across the bar. Then, the bartender looks at the guy and says, "Man, that's amazing. What does your dog do when BYU beats Utah?" The guy replied, "I dunno, I've only had him 4 years."

One day at a Trax train station, one man approached another and said, "I bet your from the BYU." "Why yes I am" answered the other. "How could you tell, was it my good looks, my debonair charm, my taste in clothing?" "No," replied the first, "I saw your class ring as you were picking your nose."

A man walks into a store and says, "I would like a blue hat, white pants, blue sweater, and white shoes." The clerk says, "Are you a Cougar fan?" "Yes," replies the man, "How did you guess--by the color combination?" "No," answers the clerk, "because this is a hardware store."

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Ya'll know I'm a Ute fan.....but I think the Y is just too good this year.

BYU 35

Utah 24

Reedus
11-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Not gonna watch it cause the game is televised on CSTV which my basic cable does not carry. Doesn't matter though cuz the Cougs are going to wipe the field clean with the boys up north.

Reedus

shaggy125
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Not gonna watch it cause the game is televised on CSTV which my basic cable does not carry. Doesn't matter though cuz the Cougs are going to wipe the field clean with the boys up north.

Reedus

If you have Comcast it's only $5.99 to add CSTV along with some extra fox sports channels and some others.

Reedus
11-20-2006, 06:56 AM
ya, i do have Comcast, but I don't have the digital package, I just have basic. So in order to upgrade to the sports package with CSTV, I would have to upgrade first to digital. All you Direct TV guys should be able to grab it though.

Scott Card
11-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Go Cougars.... BYU 35 - Utah 10....But I wouldn't bet money on this game ever. Too wacky when these two teams get together and slug it out. BYU has all the confidence and players healthy. Utah is always just tough against BYU. I am glad that BYU is back up to the top of the "most hated" list again in the conference. That means BYU is doing something right... at least this season.

BTW, the best thing about Saturdays' BYU game happened after the game. I was listening to the BYU post game ceremonies. I was most pleased when the Mountain West Commissioner was resoundingly booed by the fans when he was announced and walked on the field. My hate letter goes out this week to the Mountain West for the bone headed deal with Comcast. :frustrated:

Iceaxe
11-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Not gonna watch it cause the game is televised on CSTV which my basic cable does not carry.

The game will also be broadcast on the MTN so basic comcast should get it.

But this still blows for those of us with sats. I was happy to hear the MWC commish got booed at the BYU game this week when he was introduced. Fans are NOT happy about this bullshit TV package.

I think the fans of MWC schools should tell the university presidents "No more donations" until this crappy TV package is fixed. Then I bet we would get some action :2thumbs:

However, The local bars and clubs love this deal..... they are all packed on game days so folks can watch. I took the family down to Hooters so we could all watch the Utah-Air Force game and the place was standing room only for a while. Lots of other families in to watch the game. Since I can't get the kids into a bar there are not a lot of choices of where to watch the game. We tried Iggies but they don't have the MTN so it was off to Hooters.

accadacca
11-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Funny story...I was watching the college game day show last night on ESPN. They were giving props to certain teams and putting stickers on the helmets and such. The ole Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz was blah, blah, blah about John Becks game and he called BYU Bowling Green. The week before on SportsCenter they called him Josh Beck. :roflol: :roflol: Our conference is sure getting the respect now with this big TV deal. :roll: :roll_lol: :roll_lol:

Iceaxe
11-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Ice is no longer available in the drinks at LaVell Edwards stadium. The senior who knew the recipe graduated.

What is the difference between the Cougars and Rice Crispies? Rice Crispies know what to do in a bowl (game).

How do Cougars practice safe sex? They get rid of all the animals that kick.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/99/Utah_4669.gif/220px-Utah_4669.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f0/BYU_Logo_1969-1998.gif/250px-BYU_Logo_1969--1998.gif

marc olivares
11-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Hmmmm guess who won :sad:

Reedus
11-25-2006, 05:00 PM
:lol2:

accadacca
11-25-2006, 06:29 PM
The Utes played tough. Helluva game to attend...my voice is gone. The Cougars prayer was answered. What else can you say? :ne_nau:

Reedus
11-25-2006, 07:58 PM
You definitely got your moneys worth by attending that one. That one probably goes down as one of the best college football games I have seen. It's up there with the USC vs Notre Dame last year. Ya gotta hand it to the Cougs for marching down the field with a minute left and pulling it off.

Iceaxe
11-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Dumbass Utah and their "Prevent you from Winning Defense" :frustrated:

accadacca
11-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Dumbass Utah and their "Prevent you from Winning Defense" :frustrated:
Completely agree...they should have blitzed the hell outta him on that drive.

Iceaxe
11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
That is my biggest complaint with the current Utah coaching staff..... they play not to lose. Where Urban always played to win..... big difference. :nod:

Scott Card
11-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I must say I have been so impressed with Eric Weddle (however you spell his name) That man can play ball. And even more, he has real class. :2thumbs: I am an Eric Weddle fan but still true blue. I must say that Utah came to play. I think BYU wasn't used to having any adversity and about choked. But holy cow....What a game!

Sombeech
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Great footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9SjeyQ8Ns&mode=related&search=

DiscGo
11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I couldn't believe BYU won that game. What did you guys think of when the Utes stripped the ball from Vakapuna and the officials blew the whistle and called the play dead. It seemed like that was a bad call to me (if you even remember what play to which I'm referring).

PunchKing
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
I couldn't believe BYU won that game. What did you guys think of when the Utes stripped the ball from Vakapuna and the officials blew the whistle and called the play dead. It seemed like that was a bad call to me (if you even remember what play to which I'm referring).

Yes there was that one which resulted in a touchdown I believe and at least one other that went byu's way that gave them a touchdown. BYU was out played in all but the first quarter and the last few minutes but hey when you are the underdog you sort of expect to lose.

accadacca
11-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Great footage.

Great footage for who? Red punch, caffeine free drinkin', clean shaven, can't "boo" at games only fold your arms and be reverent, keep a bible between ya, kitty fans? I guess you can tell that I ain't a Cougar... :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Sombeech
11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Great footage.

Great footage for who? Red punch, caffeine free drinkin', clean shaven, can't "boo" at games only fold your arms and be reverent, keep a bible between ya, kitty fans? I guess you can tell that I ain't a Cougar... :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

I'm neither. I missed the game cuz I was sick, but man that footage makes me wish I would have watched the whole thing.

accadacca
12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Which do you wear??? :roll_lol:

Scott Card
12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Which do you wear??? :roll_lol:

Neither, I am a man. :lol8: